BLAZER
Years ago

Rostered players, no crt time

Went to the game v tigers sunday. Thought it was a good game, especially with 3 players yet to play. Got some questions that you may be able to answer for me.

If Hambour is now the 10th rostered player, why didn't he play ahead of Gower?

Is Gower still involved as development player and still part of the team?

Is Hambour injured?

How do the coaching staff rate him in terms of their rotation?

I'm just interested how a player can be named in the 10th spot as a team member and not play, pre-season or not.

Topic #4046 | Report this topic

Ryan  
Years ago

Blazer,

I was at the game and wondered the same thing. The only thing I could put it down to is that they were missing a small forward in Holmes and as such Gower stepped into that spot. I don't honestly know why Hambour didn't get in, especially without Rees and against such a big oppositon front line. Hambour will hardly play at all anyway this year. It was disappointing not to see him yesterday though. For all the improvement Forman has made to his game he is still NEVER going to be big enough or mean enough to play the five at NBL level (which he was doing for most of the time yesterday). Anstey killed him on the boards.

Brad Gerlach looked good in limited minutes. Mark Nash showed some signs too, though he needs to be aggressive on offence (as he was in the second half). He must have played 18 minutes in the first half and took one shot. If he does that during the season, he will be a liability.

Brett Maher looked great, and David Cooper played really well.

We are still going to struggle against big, physical teams though.

Reply #47039 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't disagree with some of what you've posted (Oscar shouldn't need to be playing centre), but from the stats that ShutUp posted directly from the Dome yesterday, Anstey had 8 rebounds and Forman had 7. Not quite "killed him on the boards".

Mottram seemed to be pretty effective on the boards to me. I think our guys were pretty decent on the boards despite giving up a bit of height. Interestingly, Cooper only had 4 rebounds?

Brett Maher in that first half was amazing, hard to remember him shooting better than that before!

Reply #47040 | Report this post

SERAPIS  
Years ago

Anstey 7ft1 - Legit centre

Forman 6ft9 - Legit Small Forward

I thought he did alright. Cooper and Rees will spend their time banging bodies and blocking out.

Reply #47088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with the first post. Hambour made the ten this year and Gower is not even in the twelve, but he gave Gower plenty of minutes which should have gone to Hambour. It was just a trial game and Hambour can play the three, four or five position, especially when the game counted for nothing. It was a good chance to give the young guys some experience against quality opposition. Hambour would be one of the strongest in the team and one of the best rebounders. When is Phil gonna wake up, and give him a chance?

Reply #47164 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:38 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754