Melvin Corpuscle
Years ago

Ref question

Player shoots - whistle blows for foul away from ball, shot goes down - but neither ref saw when the ball was released - ref who blew whistle "I didn't see it, so I have to wave it off".
Is this correct ?

Topic #40462 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

What else do you want them to do? Toss a coin?

Reply #612756 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Don't be so rude all the time koberulz, this is a Hoops forum for discussion not 'alienate as many people as possible'

Reply #612758 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Not often do you get neither referee watching the ball, seems like this was just one of those situations. Without the second official to back up the whistle blower I guess he/she had little choice.

Maybe the referee could also apple-agize to the players!

:)

Reply #612760 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

"Don't be so rude all the time koberulz, this is a Hoops forum for discussion not 'alienate as many people as possible'"

agreed , perhaps a moderator could politely and privately advise / admonish koberulz that this should not be treated as a kindy playground with an embedded bully ?

"Not often do you get neither referee watching the ball, seems like this was just one of those situations."

agreed, usually the off-the ball official has some view of the shooter and the ball as well.

Reply #612763 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

I'm sure in happened in Hawks v Kings game last week in the 2nd half where the Kings shot a three after the whistle was blown for a Hawks foul near the basket and the basket counted.The game was 1st v 2nd and the nbl let a young punk referee the game who probably happens to be a Kings supporter growing up the way he refereed the game.The Hawks were lucky to get two foul calls from him compared to at least ten for the Kings.The best games should have the best referees.

Reply #612768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you have the very limited pool of referees doing all the best games. How do you think that will effect the other games and the other not so good refs?

Reply #612876 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:19 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754