Isaac
Years ago

Time ticking for Julian Khazzouh

Kings have 11 games to go, and Khazzouh must be named on the scoresheet for 8 games to qualify.

In addition, this from JVG:

"We are certainly not looking to bring another import in at this later stage of the year," he said.

“Given players need to qualify by playing eight games and with 11 games left we won't be going down that path and try and integrate someone entirely new from outside of the country.

“Whether we look to bolster the squad with an outside Australian coming in, we would need time to consider before the eight-game threshold is reached. But right now we have no immediate plans.”
Full story

Topic #40469 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

So pretty much he has to suit up or be ready to go by Dec 30th Vs Breakers.

Reply #612940 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

One way or the other, suit him up even if he doesn't get any mins? I believe he's taking part in full contact practice sessions?

Reply #612943 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Do the Kings run their full bench anyway?

Reply #612946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Kings have 11 games to go, and Khazzouh must be named on the scoresheet for 8 games to qualify."
Obviously Khazzouh will qualify, but other teams are lying

Reply #612953 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

If they stay healthy they'll be fine, but with the current roster any injuries to Lisch or Cadee and they're screwed.

Reply #612963 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Would it even be worth bothering at this point, or is it better to just get him ready for next season?

The team as it is has led the league most of the season, and if I were the Kings I wouldn't want to risk any disruption trying to fit Khazzouh in.

Reply #612979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch or Cadee?

Surely you mean Lisch or Newley?

Reply #612984 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

They have cover for Newley's spot, but not for Lisch/Cadee. The concern is about filling the role, not the ability of the players in question.

Reply #612986 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

The Kings don't even have a full roster, in fact they're not even bothering to suit up their full 12 players. They use a couple of DPs to basically polish the bench.
So why not suit up Khazza?

As for saying "why risk it," he's already back training, so presumably he's largely recovered, and is at risk whilst training anyway.

As for signing another import;
I'm no expert on their players, but at quick glance, their back-court (whilst brilliant) looks a little shallow???
If they lost say Cadee, Lisch can run the point easily enough, and I assume Newley the 2. SO then you've got Whittington in the 3???
But where's your backcourt depth?
Maybe that guy "Pester"???

Is Markovic still around???
Surely even if they grabbed an "import" from the SEABL or some random from the D-League that would be better than nothing?

I can understand them not going for another star, as they might be a little more cautious of the super-tax at this point, but why risk their finals for lack of depth.

Reply #612997 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

@Dazz I think JVG/Gaze still smarting from the Blake experiment, once bitten twice shy I reckon. Which is a pity since the last two import replacements were Stockton and Ware. Both are good PG that acclimatized really quickly, so that excuse of only having 11 games left to try to integrate sounding like hogwash.

'Outside Australian' sounds like SEABL solution and definitely on the cheap end of town so could it be that the mighty AEG Ogden has taken away JVG's chequebook?

Reply #613006 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

Surely the Sydney Kings could of signed a good SEABL point guard(local or foreign import) to replace Steve Blake, if the excuse of only 11 games to go and 8-game finals rule. The SEABL point guard would still offer more than the dreadlocked forward they signed Craig Moeller I think his name is. They don't need any more forwards, a guard (top SEABL standard) would still of been better than an extra forward that they don't need.
Steve Blake was starting to find his groove he would have been handy come play-off time.

Reply #613011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newly, Prewster and Moller can all play as guards, there all two three guys, Moller can also play the four but is a natural three.
When kazzu gets back the Kings should be well placed in what is a very open competition.

Reply #613015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this another Corey Webster situation

Reply #613025 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Which is a pity since the last two import replacements were Stockton and Ware. "

Ware's been great, Stockton well off the pace. That's the way it goes I suppose, you win some you lose some.

Reply #613194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe they could deactivate someone Dazz.

Reply #613199 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:45 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754