Anonymous
Years ago

Bairstow ACL injury, out for the season

Any updates on the injury? Didn't look good they way he went down. He's a big guy and his knee buckled, which could be anything from torn meniscus to tears in mcl or acl. Either way, I hope it's neither of them and that he can still play this season.

Topic #40508 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

ACL or Meniscus damage. Probably both. Shame.

Reply #613952 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

RIP Bullets

Reply #613959 | Report this post

Lol  
Years ago

Atleast Tom Jervis will actually get some minutes

Reply #613966 | Report this post

Ricky Diculous  
Years ago

If Jervis gets minutes he'll foul out.

They were keeping the 3rd import slot up their sleeve for something like this. They'll need to pull the trigger quickly though.

Reply #613968 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hope it's minor. If it's not do Brisbane get an import big to replace him or go for a perimeter player?

Reply #613978 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Leachim Naginud!!!!!!

Reply #613997 | Report this post

Ricky Diculous  
Years ago

ACL is the word on the street

Reply #614101 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Officially an ACL, out for the season.

Reply #614104 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Terrible news for Bairstow, sorry to hear it. It really means he is out for the best part of two seasons not one, because he will probably miss most of next season too.

Reply #614108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Called it. Out for 12 months with an ACL injury.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nbl/brisbane-bullets-bigman-cameron-bairstow-to-miss-remainder-of-nbl-season-with-acl-injury/news-story/6e5dc4a166322aff4fcbd485ecdb5eda

Reply #614152 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

Any 6'9-6'11 bigs running around in the SEABL?

Bairstow/Dave Anderson/Julian Khazzah(the ZOO) all long term injuries.

Reply #614159 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think they should get a perimeter player. They've got Jervis, Kickert, Petrie and Young, and Craig can slide to the four at times. Meanwhile they only have three genuine guards and Bruce is struggling.

Reply #614162 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Shit, fell bad for the guy. Fought his way back from that Shoulder injury, and now this. ACL's take a long time to rehab.

I know in AFL circles there is debate about whether to to use LARS, a synthetic strengthener, or the traditional hammy graft.
Anyone know what the preferred method is for ballers?

Reply #614187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All the rio Olympians got injuries? Martin, Goulding, Anderson now Bairstow

Reply #614201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All the rio Olympians got injuries? Martin, Goulding, Anderson now Bairstow, bad luck, a lot of injuries to key player's to each team.

Imagine LeBron, curry etc all out at stages?

Just want to see the best player's playing and see which is the best team, never happen injuries are apart of the game.

Reply #614204 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Sorry to hear this. Real shame to see all these top Aussies go down but ACL is unpalatable news.

I'd go for a perimeter player for sure, not a big.

Reply #614225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz - I believe they do a combination of Lars and Hammy these days for pros.

I had a recon in 2012. I was back shooting hoops at 8 months and I'm not a pro athlete, but played state league level. I was back to full competition in 12 months.

It's not a major injury that it was decades ago. It's just a long rehab process. So people fair better than others.

Hammy only takes a little longer to recover for footy players coz they need the length in their hammy. Basketballers not so much. It's much or a muchness

Reply #614230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just an observation on this injury and I don't blame Beal but Bairstow didn't even want the pass he was on the way to get the rebound should Beal have missed. This is a common problem with guard play not recognising when their bigs want the ball in transition and I think it comes down to Beal's loss of confidence. As an import I think he has been terrible, maybe its because he's matched up with Gibson who is not a prolific scoring threat and in the past his backcourt partner has always been a scoring threat. Beal doesn't seem to have any lift in his legs, his ball handling is not good so without a scoring backcourt partner he is struggling.

Reply #614250 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

and in the past his backcourt partner has always been a scoring threat.

Damian Martin???????

Reply #614289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon

Yeah fair enough Martin wasn't a scorer either.

I don't know but it looks like he's not playing with the confidence you would expect from an import. The play where Bairstow went down I can't see why Beal didn't just take it to the basket himself and let the big fella do the work he's paid for, from what I've seen of Bairstow, running the floor at full tilt, catching and finishing probably isn't his strong suit.

Reply #614303 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Didn't you know Paul our clowns behind the microphone think Craig is an Allstar 4 now? What a laugh!

Reply #614306 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:03 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754