Brigadier Ferguson
Years ago

Wollacott/Halls Medal

I know this has been discussed ad nauseam during the year but with the dinner coming up this sunday night (which i think was a great idea) has anyone changed their minds on who they think will win both awards. Especially after grand final performances.
well heres my tips:
Halls Medal winner will be Monique Bowley with Cayla Francis as a dark horse.
Wollacot Medal Winner: Cameron Wilson with Brad Sullivan as my dark horse.
Any thoughts on these tips people???

Topic #4051 | Report this topic

Skyhook  
Years ago

LOL Brad Sullivan .. good player but NO WAY will he get even close . Too many good performances by DIX, and Sutton will steal votes from him too.

Bowley is a good shotin the womens.

Look for Jye Watson and Hambour to poll well with Oscar and Wilson & Puddifoot follwing Dix as the winner .

Reply #47122 | Report this post

beaches  
Years ago

hey does anyone know what meals are going to be served???

Reply #47124 | Report this post

Tired Dude  
Years ago

and will there be strippers????

Reply #47141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jye Watson missed to many games

Cayla Francis to win the women

Cam Wilson for the men

Reply #47148 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

dix but there were others at eagles who would poll well -so just maybe for that reason alone he is not a sure thing. Oscar had a great first half and noone at sturt would have taken votes until the last half of the season when darren played well. Watson.. half a season and reggie takes a few. Woodville players may have had too many sharing the votes. Hambour a chance but north didnt win enough. Easteern no whole season performances spring to my mind.
The womens as wide open as the competition was ...i'm thinking a close finish with many contenders.

Reply #47160 | Report this post

rc  
Years ago

my boy danny phillips will post extremely well i think... everyone loves the three ball!!!

Reply #47162 | Report this post

big fella  
Years ago

Narelle Lindsay for the Halls and Cam for the boys.

Reply #47171 | Report this post

Dix to win in an absloute landslide with Oscar, Phillips, Wilson and Jye rounding out the top five.

Darkhorse would have to be Phillips. Every west victory this year has come off the back of his great three point shooting and is definatley one aspect of the game that the referees will notice. rarely argues with officials which will help his cause.

He'll most likely score 3's and 2's for every west win and probably pick up a vote from some losses like woodville and eastern. However, cameo appearnces from nash, truslove and evans (when he shows up to play!) will not help.

Wilson is a good pick but i'm afraid elder, reeves (for one game), birmingaham and reesy will take too many votes away from him.

Jason Dix 2005 Wollacott Winner

Reply #47188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Puddifoot will poll more votes than Wilson. Dix was really the standout of Forestville while Woodville was more of a team thing (Wilson, Pudds, Tree, Birmingham) so I think Dix will win it easily.

Reply #47203 | Report this post

Tired Dude  
Years ago

yeaahhh, but what about the strippers

Reply #47214 | Report this post

Just read that weeks edition of 'The Messenger' and if its anything like last years, we will know the winner wayyyy before Sunday.

Reply #47219 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

the voting for the medals isn't as simple as 3, 2, 1.

Voters (i think coaches and umpires) get 10 points to allocate how they see fit. With 5 being an performance of international quality, down to five (good game).

Which means team such as Woodville and Forestville in the men won't hurt each others chances as much as a 3, 2, 1 system.

My predictions are Dix and E.Phillips. Followed by Wilson and Francis.

Reply #47225 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

Reply #47228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pardon my ignorance but is the dinner only for players or can us groupies go as well ?

Reply #47259 | Report this post

supporter  
Years ago

The dinner is open to all if you are prepared to pay the $75

Reply #47273 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Remember, three course meal, drinks included, entertainment, etc.

Reply #47279 | Report this post

sean dillon  
Years ago

little trevor let me tell you EXACTLY how the medal voting works.
after the games the referees vote in a 3,2,1 format. thats it!!!
that is how the medal winners are determined.
the voting of the coaches is for all star 5 ONLY!!!
i also think too many people are giving credence to "sully" not getting too many votes.
of the f/ville mens games i have ssen this year, jason dix has had his normal consistent season but brad sullivan (in the absence of brenton campbell) has ripped it up big time. and because he has had some awesome shooting games, i'm sure the referee's will have noticed this more.
once again little trevor the medal winners are decided by referee votes and not coaches.

Reply #47291 | Report this post

Little Trevor  
Years ago

my apologies, i just assumed the coaches voting system was the same as the refs. My bad. Guess F/ville and W/ville may take votes off each other...

perhaps Oscar could be firming as a favourite (taking the entire season into account).

As the halfway point i thought it was a 2-horse race between Watson and Forman, however both missed games towards the end.

Reply #47302 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:15 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754