koberulz
Years ago

Is the NBL injury toll high this season?

Players to miss at least 4 consecutive weeks this season:
Khazzouh
Creek
Martin
Woodside
Webster
Andersen
Bairstow
Abercrombie
Williams

Don't recall how long Goulding and Blanchfield were out for.

Is this as unusually high as it seems?

Topic #40525 | Report this topic

miracle.touch  
Years ago

Torrey Craig can now be added to that list

Reply #614330 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Source for that? I saw he was injured, but there was nothing about a prognosis.

Reply #614331 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Add Barlow to the list. He played pre season and then injured his calf, it wasn't a pre existing injury from 18 months ago, that was achilles.

Blanchfield and CG missed 5 games each. Not sure how many weeks.

How long was Trice out for?

Reply #614332 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I think Trice missed two weeks, played one, then missed another one or two.

I'm including Khazzouh, so Barlow would count even if it was last season's injury. I just forgot about him.

Reply #614334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Khazzouh has nothing to do with this season.

Reply #614335 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

It seems injuries have hit 4 of the bottom 5 sides the hardest.

Could it be that injuries have been the equalising factor of this season?

Reply #614336 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Trice was injured during the Illawarra game, 30/10 and returned 18/11. Not 4 weeks.

Add Blanchfield to the list. Played 27/10, got injured at training and returned 4/12.

Add CG43 to the list. Goulding injured during the game 20/10, returned 18/11. But you could say he "missed" 4 weeks because the injury game was the first of two games that weekend. So he missed games in 4 consecutive weekends.

Reply #614337 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Name your top Injury side of the 16-17 season- Matt

Reply #614338 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Khazzouh

Creek

Martin

Woodside
Webster
Abercrombie

Andersen
Barlow
Blanchfield
Goulding
Williams

Bairstow

Plenty of others have been injured without missing 4 weeks: Trice, Norton, Knight, Kenney, Johnson, Lisch, Loughton, Weigh, Jawai. That's off the top of my head.

Reply #614340 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Depending on how you define it, another one: Hadziomerovic was injured last season and only returned to training a month or so ago.

Reply #614341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What season is this KobeKlueless?

Here the Torrey Craig source.
http://www.cairnspost.com.au/sport/brisbane-bullets-thrown-into-injury-crisis-after-torrey-craig-joins-cameron-bairstow-on-casualty-list/news-story/70e1f97d20f3f4848f95dfd4f6ba497b

Don't cry.

Reply #614342 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

4 week + injuries:

Khazzouh

Creek

Martin

Woodside
Webster
Abercrombie

Andersen
Barlow
Blanchfield
Goulding
Williams
Hadziomerovic

Bairstow

Short term injuries:
Trice,Loughton,Weigh, Jawai.

Norton,Harris.

Knight, Kenney.

Lisch

Johnson

Any others that I've missed?

Reply #614343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Benno, that's gold!

Reply #614344 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Was Wroe another? I feel like Perth had another injury somewhere along the line

Reply #614345 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Depending on how you define it, another one: Hadziomerovic was injured last season and only returned to training a month or so ago.

He's not in the NBL anymore, he was released during the offseason.

Reply #614346 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

What season is this KobeKlueless?

Here the Torrey Craig source.
http://www.cairnspost.com.au/sport/brisbane-bullets-thrown-into-injury-crisis-after-torrey-craig-joins-cameron-bairstow-on-casualty-list/news-story/70e1f97d20f3f4848f95dfd4f6ba497b

Don't cry.
Craig has told Bullets officials he should also be right to take on United

Pretty sure this weekend is less than four weeks away.

Don't cry.

Reply #614347 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Again, depends how you define it on Hadziomerovic.

He was travelling along nicely last season, and if he'd never sustained a long term injury then I think there's a fair chance he would've been on the roster this season instead of Owen Odigie, who was himself returning from injury.

What he produced in the first 12 or 14 games of last season was greater than anything I've seen from Odigie in his 4 or 5 years in the system. Hadzi was playing the proyotype hustle player, in a star studded team.

So you could say that injury has prevented him from being in the NBL this season.

Reply #614348 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

And Hadzi is still training with United btw. Just recently on twitter they put up a picture of him.

Maybe he'll be back in the NBL next season.

Reply #614349 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It's not a question of defining anything Iggy was released in the offseason he's not on MU's roster and hasn't been all season yet you're trying to add him to MU's injury list to try and inflate your "see look how many injuries MU have had this season" narrative to excuse their poor season.

Reply #614353 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Nothing to do with it, even if Iggy was healthy, he would be playing minimal minutes and isn't significantly better than Odigie such that he would've made a difference to United.

Damn, you say some stupid things Zodiac.

This thread is just trying to ascertain how many injuries there are in the NBL compared to other times in NBL history. Iggy was injured and this prevented him from taking part in the NBL this season. Arguably he would be taking part in this current NBL season if he hadn't been injured whilst an active NBL player.

But of course, it wasn't an injury that took place in the current season or pre season. So it's an ambiguous one.

Reply #614354 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

If you're looking strictly at "how many injuries took place this season" he doesnt belong.

If you're looking at the more interesting and more relevant question of how many players have an injury that impacted their availability for this current NBL season, then he goes on the list.

Reply #614355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV you should just have your own thread. You respond multiple times in the same thread 1 after the other then the other. Maybe say everything you want in 1 post...not 74

Reply #614357 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Anon you regularly post 4 or 5 times in a row, so I don't see what the issue is.

Reply #614359 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Damn, you say some stupid things Zodiac.

Sydney then daylight

Illawarra are horrible (or whatever it was)

Melbourne are now the team to beat

Devin Williams would average a thousand rebounds if he played 40 mpg.

LV if you haven't noticed mate you've been pilloried on here all season by everyone for your stupid comments.

If you didn't have such an inflated view of your own opinions it wouldn't be a big deal but you ram them down everyone's throats seemingly in the belief the more times you say something/doubling down on them that they will eventually be proven true.

Reply #614362 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Zodiac, FYI, so far in this current season my sportsbet account is in a profit of about 10-12% based on bets I've cashed out so far. I couldn't care much less about what you think tbh.

The team to beat can change every week.

Adelaide are the team to beat right now, if they get beaten by Perth tomorrow does that mean they weren't the team to beat the day before?

Ponder on that riddle for a while. When you have the answer get back to me.

Reply #614363 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Of course it is and MU were never the team to beat.

Reply #614367 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Is that why MU are still $6.00 for the 'ship right now, despite losing last weekend and having yet another player go down with a 4-6 week injury?

I remember when MU was 3-7, Perth was about 6-3 or 6-4 or so and I told Dazz on these forums that UTD's position wasn't really that bad in comparison.

Seemed a little bit crazy at the time. Such is life.

Reply #614368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor Koberules. Is this season 2017? Still can't work it out?

Reply #614370 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Interesting that the big market teams are stalling on injury replacements, especially when anyone could still make a strong run towards the post-season.

Breakers have an import spot to burn presumably. Same with Brisbane and Sydney. Perth made their questionable call, though who knows how it might play out - Martin could return and be enough to get them over the line.

Could we see Cedric Jackson reunited with Lemanis in Brisbane?

Reply #614452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney have 3 imports, Whittington, Powel and Jackson.

Reply #614462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, it seems to be high. Most seasons have a fair few injuries, but it feels slightly higher or more frequent this time.

I gather there aren't too many decent Aussies around, especially guards, who are available as replacements. Hence why Perth and Sydney had no signed back-up guards.

If you've got money, an import slot open, and know where to look, there are obviously good imports around. But it seems those with the need, don't have a slot, and those with the slot seem to be well settled with local depth.
I'd wondered if Brissy might chase an import to replace Bairstow, but they are still well stacked with tall timber.

Just on Jackson, how exactly do the qualifying rules work? Do his games for MU count? Or must he play the full qualifier of games with any new team?

Reply #614466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just on Jackson, how exactly do the qualifying rules work? Do his games for MU count? Or must he play the full qualifier of games with any new team?

Another question if a player gets injured after the 8 minimum games played is he allowed to be replaced.

Reply #614469 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Another question if a player gets injured after the 8 minimum games played is he allowed to be replaced.
You mean if there's fewer than eight games remaining? Obviously you can replace players after the first eight games of the season.

Pretty sure Sydney tried it a few years ago and got knocked back, but that was under BA.

Reply #614482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KR knows. That's it.

Reply #614501 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:40 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754