Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers vs Wildcats Dec 22

OK, this is a big game and heading into Christmas will the Sixers Santa deliver a little pressie for the fans, or will the evil Wildcats ruin the celebrations?

Sixers are sitting on top of the table after a stunning 7 -0 streak. Cats are fighting hard with Melbourne for bottom spot and a chance at early draft picks for next season. Without Martin, the Cats are a different team and that has been obvious since the nuggety veteran has been sitting on the sidelines. Prior to that, Cats fan were cock a hoop preparing a spot on the shelf for the 16/17 trophy. Now, it's Sixers fans putting in annual leave forms in preparation for a 5 game GF series.

There's no doubt Prather is the Cat's go to man. 21.6 ppg, 4.93 rpg and 1.27 apg are stats not to be ashamed of. Since the end of R5, the Cats have gone 2 and 6. They have lost their last 3 on the road, which is a bit of a problem for them. On the road, they average 70.7 ppg and give up 76.3, yet when they have the luxury of their mums tucking them into bed at night, they have averaged 86.2 ppg. Up to R5, they let visiting teams get 80 ppg at home, but post Martin it's been 87 ppg - a sign of his defensive effort.

But they're not playing at home tonight and unless Trevor G can read a good bedtime story and tuck as well as their mums, all signs are pointing to a full house at the Arena with Joey and the boys delivering some goodies for the Sixers fans. Alternatively, at some point of time a 7-0 run is going to be broken.

I say better get a Santa hat for Joey. Sixers by 8.

Topic #40526 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth are the worst offensive team in the NBL. They have no other viable offensive option outside of Prather. Might be one of the worst offensive teams the league has seen in a number of years.

This will be a flogging

Reply #614360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice read. Entertaining.

Sixers are playing better basketball. I'm from Perth, but I enjoy good basketball more than a home town win. Have quite enjoyed what I have seen of recent Sixers games. I thought their front court team work has been much improved, and Sobey has shown good aggression and versatility. They are not just reliant on Randle.

Wildcats will sure have to play differently to compete, and I doubt they can change that quickly without a leader and play-maker.

Reply #614361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a great time to play Adelaide! They are on fire, they can hit it how and from where they want.

Just maybe, Perth might actually play basketball and a few player's might step up. Kenny, can shoot doubts him self like the whole team this season.

Jj, needs to start and start putting the numbers he can at the beginning not when the game is over.

Perth play with balls and fight then maybe they might come home with a W.

Reply #614364 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Anonymous, stop posting so many times in a row!

Cats by 3.

Reply #614366 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Agree with LV on this one ;) Perth to get over the line and get back in the hunt.

Reply #614383 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

Cats by 7....

Reply #614385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People tipping Perth are trolling or very uneducated on the game. They have no offense to speak of and adelaide have started to play a little bit of defence to go along with their brutal offensive attack. Just disrespectful to tip against adelaide at home.

Reply #614386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like how OP used a joke about being tucked in to bed, then used the same joke in the next paragraph. Classic!

Reply #614395 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Valid points Jack, especially the one about that 7 - 0 streak coming to an end, which I predict will be tonight in O/T!

Reply #614396 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

As we won the 7th by 7 , we should win by 8 tonite.....

Reply #614397 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

If we've learnt anything about this season it is that the underdog should win.

I'm a slow learner so I predict 36ers by plenty.

Reply #614424 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Wouldn't be surprised if the Cats got this one the streak will surely end soon enough but I'm hoping the Sixers give us an early Xmas present.

36ers by 1

Reply #614438 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

No way we win this one, any Wildcat supporter that thinks we can is living in fairy land. Outside of Prather we have no scorers. Going to be ordinary. they will run and gun and spank us.

Reply #614440 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Kittens win by 13

Reply #614441 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Anyone can beat anyone this season. I expect Sixers to win handily, but might put a few dollars down on Perth depending on the odds.

Reply #614444 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Current odds on Sportsbet

Adelaide $1.55
Perth $2.45

Adelaide by
1-10 $2.60
11+ $3.50

Perth by
1-10 $3.25
11+ $7.00

Most points
Randle $2.25
Prather $2.50
Sobey $4.50
Jason Johnson $7.50

Reply #614453 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

The Wildcats will make it more interesting than expected by Adelaide will win this by about 12.

Reply #614455 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Will be an interesting game, and I suspect it will come down to who succeeds at controlling the tempo. If this turns into a shoot-out, Perth have no chance, just not enough options.
I always look forward to Damo v Randle, Irresistible Force meets the Immovable Object. Sadly we are deprived again.
Can the rest of the Cats step up their D???

I'd rate this one as a chance, games against the 6's are always good tussles. I'm giving the Cats a 25% chance, 6's 75%.

Reply #614457 | Report this post

wildcats80  
Years ago

A few people have short memories, cats took adelaide to OT 3 weeks back with no Damo or Knight. Surely wildcats couldnt play any worse than they did in NZ, and yet they still had a chance to win that game

Reply #614459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jason Johnson, jaron Johnson or Jason Johanissen

Reply #614460 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Cats have no points in them.In the last game v Breakers they had 23pts at halftime.Thats pathetic.If Prather doesn't score there in deep s**t.

Reply #614461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kernich-Drew is out of tonights game due to general soreness......you know, from those 1 minute spurts.

Reply #614471 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"A few people have short memories, cats took adelaide to OT 3 weeks back with no Damo or Knight." And Sixers almost beat Perth in Perth with no DJ or Creek..... Anything can happen in the NBL.

One advantage for Perth tonight is that it is about 32 degrees in Adelaide. Usually when it is a hot day the team comes out flat and so do the crowd. So that could help Perth to steal this game.

I am hoping Sobey shuts down Prather again.

Reply #614474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather gone need 40.

No DKD... no outside threats.

Gleeson should just let JJ off the leash and let him play his natural game.

Reply #614475 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Need to play McKay and JJ 30 mins at least each

Reply #614478 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The Casey Prathers off to a 5-0 start

Reply #614485 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Prather 2 fouls already *facepalms*

Reply #614486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speaking to a wildcats player he reckons knight is the strongest player in the league.

Reply #614489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The foul count is farsical

Reply #614490 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

According to the commentators one Kings game it's Aleks Maric but who know how they judge these things, bench press?

Reply #614491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnson looks like a real good player when he looks to scotre

Reply #614493 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Solid effort from Perth so far

Reply #614494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is anyone coaching perth on offence? lol its a mess. Thanks to hustle plays they are in this.

Reply #614495 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Johnson finally coming into his own

Perth ain't shot this season yet

Reply #614496 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Hire getting his Omer Asik on

Reply #614497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got to give perth some credit. They clearly or much inferior to last seasons team interms of talent and size, but they hustle hard.

Reply #614499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When you lose Jawai and Jervis off you're frontline and replace them with Brandt and Mckay you have regressed.

Reply #614502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So no Randle for most of 2nd quarter. Tech fouled and then taken off and didn't return. Missed 8:36 of the quarter. Anyone know what's going on there?

Reply #614503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth getting murderd by the refs. Brandt straight up

Reply #614506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even'd the shocker on brandt up there?

Reply #614508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McKay is a amazing shot blocker.

Reply #614509 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

That was Michael Aylen that called the foul on Brandt. He was in a poor position to make that call since he was behind Sobey on the sideline, it would be very difficult for him to see if Angus went straight up or not. Vaughan Mayberry on the other hand was right under the basket and had the best view on the contact, should have overruled Aylen but he called the tech on Brandt instead. This crap from two of the supposedly best referee in the NBL... SMH.

Reply #614510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randel travelled to perth and back no call

Reply #614512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wroe with three turnover type passes on one possession. Having to play him is killing Perth

Reply #614513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bragg is light years better but Gleeson is to loyal to Wroe.

Reply #614514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most of the charge calls are rediculous.

Reply #614516 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

the cats are complete and utter shyt. They suck on offense and defense

Reply #614517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eat a dick Wildcats fans. Most annoying fan base

Reply #614518 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Prather tentative and the Cats not playing with the same aggressiveness and urgency as the first half. Its game over unless they change quicksmart.

Reply #614519 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

F@#k

Reply #614520 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The Adelaide train keeps moving.

And Perth falls to 1-6 in away games. Feeling good about my prediction early in the season that they'd struggle on the road.

Reply #614522 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Outside of Prather, Johnson, Johnson, Randle and Sobey no one on court scored more than 7.

36ers showing that if you have consistently good performances from your best players and not too many injuries, you don't need depth.

Reply #614524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth went from the best to worst lool

Reply #614525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth are so unlikable from the head coach down.

* Damo and Knight excluded.

Reply #614526 | Report this post

Brutal Game  
Years ago

Why is a 12 year old making multiple anonymous posts?

Reply #614527 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Wow, doesn't take much for the fuckwits to crawl out from under their rocks.
Clearly some also have Alzheimers, or some other form of short-term memory loss. What happened to all your predictions of Perf sucking and a massive win by Adelaide???
Or, let me put it another way, if Perth are so completely shit, then Adelaide are Shit with a cherry on top.
Winning by 4 points, on the back of some delicious home cooking, aint nothing to get partying over.

It was good close game, and Perth actually led for good bits. But in the end, 4 points gets you the win.

Perth have actually been mostly reasonable on the road. Unfortunately a narrow loss is still a loss, and they are starting to stack up.

Perth DOMINATED the boards, that's got to be a worry for Joey. Knight & McKay had 20 between them. If only they could have added a couple more points.

And Wagstaff, dude needs to get his eyes fixed, or stop trying to shoot 3's.

Reply #614528 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Adelaide played fairly average but great to see a win to close out 2016 and first on the ladder (prev was in 2001). 8 in a row, love it.

Randle didn't have a great game but who would know it scoring 20+. Sobey is huge for us.

Creek needs to stop giving away silly fouls, same as Hodgson. If Jacobsen doesn't concede 4 fouls a game then the apocalypse will happen.

36ers gave away far too many OBoards that was the one frustration really.

--

Dazz your team sucks at the moment, and you've officially cracked it. As fun as it is watching you implode, just calm down the raging testosterone. Have a few deep breaths and give Hoops some breathing space for a few days over the Chrissy period.

Reply #614530 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Thought the cats might get up on this one. Credit to the 36ers, they are just getting it done right now.

Reply #614532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Totally agree with Dazz, There is some massive vendetta against Perth on here tbh.
Perth fought hard JJ with 21 too shows he is being aggressive.

Reply #614533 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I hope Perth keeps losing just so I can keep reading Dazz's tanties.

Reply #614534 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

There's no vendetta, when you're successful for a long time and have a bit of an arrogant fan base, you're not going to be given roses and chocolates

Reply #614535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz we like the Perth scrub players more then you.

Reply #614537 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Brandt was not straight up. He was near the block then jumped to the side and ended up under the back board.

Game was what I was expecting with the Sixers being flat. We will take the win and move on to the Melbourne battle.

Reply #614540 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Gleeson should have played Redhage earlier and for longer.

He seems to be a painful bogey man for the 36ers no matter how old and crappy he is against everyone else.

Reply #614542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz great to see Perth lose but even better to see you acting like a fuckwit. This season is going really well, now about yours?

Reply #614547 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Ugly game but a win, I thinks that's a good sign.

Reply #614548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz, to say adelaide is shit with a cherry on top that's just so sour. You are such a complete tool but fuck me kys wntertaining coming on here reading your tantrums because your Perth Wildcats are really really shit. I mean they are just the pits. Atleast they scored more than 23 in a half. It's a building process. Maybe you should reconvene redhage faking an injury.... oh wait.

Reply #614553 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Dazz your team sucks at the moment
So Perf Suks? (Now there's an original Hoops sentiment)
So what does that make the team that on their home court struggled all night to beat Perth???
Maybe you need to get your eyes checked? The margin was 4 points not 24 or even 14.

And lets be honest here. I'm not usually one to quibble over a few fouls here and there, nor do I ever have any expectation in the evenness of foul-counts.
But the 6's went to the line TWENTY times more, literally more than double the Cats.

That's right folks, forget Randle and Sobey, the highest scorer for Adelaide was the Refs.

Reply #614556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazzzzzz, log off buddy you've lost the plot. Your looking for victories in a 4 point loss. It got out to 10 in the 4th. So wasn't as close as you like to think in the end. I'm loving how you are completely off the meds and blowing up though. Please keep going, fantastic drama!

Reply #614557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But really in all reality and as a duty of care for a fellow human you should actually log off have a great Christmas, think about the cats and all the losses, and come back fresh for next season. Get to start a new 30ywar streak yay!

Reply #614558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 of adelaides imports combined for 1 point and they still won. That's how bad Perth are.

Reply #614560 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Oh Dazz, do you even watch the game or do you just pull out stats to try and justify your points?

10 free throws that I can think of just off the top of my head came from Wagstaff hacking Hodgson on an O board to stop him getting the easy put back (start of the 4th?), Wagstaff again clothes lining Drimic who now has one eye when Perf were in the bonus (around 3mins left?) and 6 free throws at the end to stop the clock...

Remember, there would be a 40-50 free throw differential for any team that plays Perf if NBL refs actually called the inordinate amount of scragging, mauling and holding that Perf have done forever and actually think is basketball...

Reply #614561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The cats were alright. Put Martin back in and they can pick up these wins where they're falling just a bit short. Problem is, they might be in too big of a hole by the time he's back

Reply #614563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if you wish to profess any understanding of the game as many of you here do then you need own the fact that you have seriously benefitted from some intense home cooking in both your victories over Perth. You go on and on about one call that cost you the game in Perth but won't acknowledge a hugely lopsided foul count and free throw attempts. Prathers fouls, soft at best, intentional at worst. Calling a charge when the defender moves into position after he is already in the air...

Perth has not and is not receiving any of the favourable calls they according to you have in the past, in fact looking at the way Prather was allowed to be dumped while in the air they are frankly not been adequately protected. (maybe thats why they are getting so many injuries).

Frankly as a Perth fan I am over this season, not because we are losing (my goodness we have deserved to lose some games) but because when you draw the short straw on a 50/50 call you deal with it, when you draw the short straw on the significant majority of 50/50 calls then you feel like you're getting shafted. And frankly after watching todays game and that last quarter, yeah. Good luck to every team because the only team victorious will be the one the refs drag over the line, the comp is way to close and unfortunately letting them play is not in our officials vocabulary

Reply #614564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I actually liked more non-calls in this game. My main concern is for consistency. There were some bad calls and bad non calls as well, of course. However, watching some games at Perth recently, I think there have been way too many soft incidental calls off the ball.

Did anyone else think some of the on ball screens were blatantly illegal? Seemed like easy calls to me, and affected the play.

Quite a few travels let slip too.

Reply #614567 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

With the calls aside, Perth just seem to be going through the motions, season is cooked. Give Bragg, Dexter as much playing time.

Poor season thus far from the boy's, at least we can feel what other clubs go through in terms of having shite team.

Win or lose, still don't think they are playing with the effort and we come to expect. Deactivated, reactivated, Ingram in Ingram out Marvin needs to take responsibility, left Gleeson to look like shit.

For me Wagstaff this season would be lucky to make a team on a Sunday afternoon local club, Where did Gleeson think the team he had was a chance?

Prather, then? Even Johnson was consistently getting 20+ with Prather? That's 40, Mckay is good defensively, Martin and knight are injury prone

Reply #614568 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

And, on the wrong side of 30. Literally we have Wagstaff that could score and he can't hit the ocean this year.

Adelaide, just getting it done. Good luck to them playing with energy and are young team and are blowing away the big spending clubs.

Still Joey Wright is more of a flog than Gleeson, Perth fan's I'm first to admit it, be ready to cop some shit now until we make the playoffs again.

Reply #614570 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

The referees were too obvious last night, with poor calls going against both teams. I expected better, especially Mayberry, he had some howlers.

That said, Perth played to their strengths and made it a dreary wrestle fest, one reason why the Sixers went to the line so frequently. Perth did a good job of preventing Adelaide from controlling the tempo and were able to frustrate some of the Sixer with their physically.

As others have noted, it wasn't a pretty game to watch with only an occasional highlight (mostly involving Jason/Jaron Johnson/Johannisen ;-) & Matty Knight's hustle).

Reply #614572 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

This is getting better!

Dazz complaining about refs. A rusted on Perth Wildcats guy having a whinge about home cooking.

Reply #614573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" when you're successful for a long time and have a bit of an arrogant fan base" + dickhead fans like dazz, you wonder why people despise Perth.
Enjoy the cellar.

Reply #614579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His Perth team is done. They are only going through the motions.

Their structure and offence is so boring and old. You know where the non-threats are and it allows teams to enhance their D on the actual threats.

Perth will finish last at this rate and hopefully that means a major blow up at the end of the season.

A waste of prathers talent this season no doubt.

Reply #614580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Dazz Gleeson?

https://thewest.com.au/sport/basketball/wildcats-coach-fumes-at-refs-after-loss-ng-s-1649003

Reply #614581 | Report this post

Yo Yo  
Years ago

And if Matt Knight shot the ball at 40% and not 10% Perth would have won

And if Perth made their free throws they would have won

Trev needs to look in the mirror

With new teams coming in soon Perth may need to get used to the cellar. The core 4 players that they have built success on are done and no replacements are in sight. Brandt plays 7 minutes when he was a hot recruit out of Sydney, that is on Trev

Reply #614583 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Marvin wasn't happy at all. First 3 quarters was up and about. Standing around the huddle during the timeouts, patting players on the back, getting all involved etc.

Last five minutes just sat in his chair and wouldn't even look at the huddles during the timeouts.

At the same time, I question why the CEO is sitting right in the middle of the bench during the game.

Reply #614584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And if TF Adelaide's imports had combined for more than 1 point they would've won too. This hypotheticals are a tad embarrassing for the wa mob. Please don't even bring up home cooking, that's like Kanye west being offended because a fellow rapper saying offensive things. Enjoy last, enjoy this losing, the fan base is more disliked than the actual cats... this forum and the likes of dazz, exhibit A.

Reply #614585 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Dazz - Don't quote my post and alter it, I know you like to treat the English language very loosely (befitting of the general standard of your posts), but don't drag me down with you.

Sydney 83 def Perth 72
Hawks 89 def Perth 85
Bullets 90 def Perth 75
36ers 92 def Perth 86
Perth 92 def Mel 89
NZ 69 def Perth 57
36ers 78 def Perth 74

Perth are 1-6 in their last 7 games.

So yeah saying they suck at the moment is an accurate description, if not an understatement. Stating the objective fact doesn't make someone a Perth hater.

The 36ers, first on the ladder with 8 straight wins are more "shit" than the side who are last on the ladder and can't manage to get more than one win in a month?

Classic Dazz logic.

I think Perth fans are so desensitised to their side getting away with overt physicality that they feel screwed when it's rightly called against them. They've been getting away with it for years.

I'm sure it will be fun to track Dazz as he goes through the stages of Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression & hopefully Acceptance.

Reply #614586 | Report this post

Yo Yo  
Years ago

Perth 26 3FGA 36ers 14FGA

If Perth attacked the rim as much as Adelaide maybe they would get more free throw attempts

Reply #614587 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

KET "#4
I think Perth fans are so desensitised to their side getting away with overt physicality that they feel screwed when it's rightly called against them. They've been getting away with it for years." Perfect! That is exactly how it is.

Gleeson is a moron "...we're just as aggressive and nothing gets done, then Casey gets pole-axed at the end." ummmm no your team shot 12 more 3's that doesn't sound like "Just as aggressive" to me. Perth also had 5 more turnovers. 6 to 8 of the Sixers foul shots came with Perth deliberately fouling.

"It seems they referee Randle differently than Casey," Really? I saw Randle drive and get bumped by Wagstaff in the 4th which was an obvious foul that wasn't called. I saw Randle go around the screen with Johnson hand checking him which was another foul in the 4th. I also saw Casey use his off arm to create space on Sobey to knock him down and then get the easy score. Casey was on 4 fouls at this stage and was a protective species that wasn't allowed to be fouled off.

There was poor calls for both teams. Perth decided to shoot 3's rather than drive it. Perth's culture of continuously complaining almost all calls (no matter how obvious it was the correct call) so less calls are made in the future brings the level of the game down as we saw last night. Perth also had 18 more free throws against Brisbane a few weeks ago in a loss which I didn't see them complain about.

Reply #614597 | Report this post

Brunson FTW.

Wasn't a great game to watch, as expected. Good crowd turnout though, and the atmosphere got there in the end once we got a bit of freedom in the last quarter.

Reply #614601 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

I find it interesting that home cooking with refs is a major topic for games played in Perth, but when a Wildcat fan points it out that it happens elsewhere, we are labelled poor losers. Seems to be a few double standards, around these parts.

In saying that no way the refs cost us last night, our terrible shooting, terrible passing and horrible free throw shooting cost us the game, nothing else, some of the passing was embarrassing, under 10's wouldn't pass that bad , i think in the 3rd Wroe threw three crap passes in a row in one play phase before the Sixers finally had mercy on him and decided to keep the ball. The simple facts are, we are playing poorly and rely too much on Prather, almost to the point where he can see that and is forcing the issue. He looks worn out.

In regards to the joy in Perth losing, it's no different than the joy everyone took in Hawthorn losing in the AFL, it is the Australian way.

Reply #614602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has dazz self distructed? Has he deactivated himself from hoops it's been 5 minutes already!

Reply #614606 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Gleeson did acknowledge the ladder-leading Sixers (11-6), now riding and eight-game winning streak, as the league's benchmark in an otherwise congested table.

"They've got a good buffer," he said.

"Normally 14-15 (wins) gets you into the playoffs.

"They're playing at a good level and they're getting to the foul line a lot which is hard to defend."

Where is ROFLcopter when you need him?

Reply #614608 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

https://thewest.com.au/sport/basketball/wildcats-coach-fumes-at-refs-after-loss-ng-s-1649003

I challenge anyone to look at that link and conclude anything other than "Gleeson is a flog".

:)

Reply #614612 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Last night Sixers were very average so what does that say about Perth, yet they managed to lift a gear in the last and get the win. Got bought back down to Perths level, very ugly. Watching the game the Sixers really struggled to get into any rhythm offensively, botching simple transition plays they have been creaming teams with in last 8 games. I guess it had something to do with Hire, Kenny, Grappling &co etc.
Can't believe we saw 3 flop calls in the game against Kings at home, yet not a single flop called last night, instead calling charges. That call is just becoming guesswork by the refs depending on the mood.
Apart from that 1 t/over mistake from Sobey his ball handling skills were superb. Man did I cringe when Teys lost the ball against Prather.

Reply #614613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Journalism mate... pressers can go for 20 minutes. They've chosen to use this quote for the story. Watch the whole presser before you start flogging off.

Reply #614615 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Vic Wildcat, that applies to Perth fans too though...not much complaining about home cooking in Perth but complaints when it happens elsewhere. Keep that in mind.

I'm not against holding refs accountable, i've made that point on many occasions here.

But let's be frank, is the Perth complaint about fairness, or is it more to do with being called for things they have gotten away with in the past but never should have in the first place?

There's little room for sympathy if you complain about being called for fouls when your game style is to try and get away with as much fouling behaviour as you can.

In regards to the joy in Perth losing, it's no different than the joy everyone took in Hawthorn losing in the AFL, it is the Australian way.

Agreed. I'd say Hawthorn fans probably take it in their stride saying "haters gonna hate" instead of playing victim.

With that said, there's clearly a lot of Perth fans on this forum - that goes to show the strength and popularity of the Wildcats which is absolutely awesome. They're the gold standard in this respect.

With so many Perth fans, you're bound to have a few that taint the rest and some of the best posters on here are Perth supporters. I certainly don't want my posts to be treated as a brush against Perth fans generally.

Reply #614620 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

What we could focus on is that fact that an already tightly fought season is fast becoming an exceptionally entertaining one...

Reply #614621 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Controversial, yes, that too...

Reply #614622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The funny thing about the Gleeson article is the comment regarding Prather getting 4 free throws and Randle 11. It really is just a throw away line trying to be scandalous.

Randle shot 4 of his 11 free throws inside the last 14 seconds when Perth were fouling. Another 2 came in the first quarter when Perth were in the bonus and Wroe got called for an off ball hold. So 6 of his 11 came from cheap Perth fouls.

Makes the count comparison 5 -4 ....Hardly referees applying "double standards" as is the allegation. More like sour grapes.

Reply #614628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When is the NBL going to enforce the 12 players on the bench and the uniform code?

Reply #614644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL's overtime period rules are different from fiba so what is the need to inforce 12 and uniform?

Reply #614648 | Report this post

Vic wildcat  
Years ago

KET those Wildcats fans who don't see home cooking in Perth obviously live in a fantasy land , it occurs in most sports all over the world.

Reply #614780 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

This season I've observed it's not necessarily home cooking - more like PER, SYD and MEL cooking, no matter where they play.

Hasn't helped any of them though.

ILL, CNS and ADL are constantly dudded with the ref's calls.

It's almost as though the NBL want the big boys to win...

Reply #614784 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:44 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754