Matt
Years ago

DD fate if United win the title

Should DD stay on if United win the tittle or should he be sacked? Or should he be moved to assistant? He liked the assistant role, most of his past coaching jobs he was the assistant. Or should he just be booted off the franchise altogether regardless of the final results of this season.

Topic #40564 | Report this topic

mat  
Years ago

i think dean will go if he wins it. i think if united do win its based on talent and not coaching. Every time i see united in a time out their players look really disinterested in what dean says and have shut him out. if they get these players to click and buy into a system i think they could be a very strong team with a lot of firepower.

Reply #615225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players going to tear up their contracts if he stays

Reply #615232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I sit not too far from the Melbourne bench and have a good view of it, and I often pay attention to the way he interacts with the players coming on and off the bench, at times it's very unsettling and I feel bad particularly for a few of those struggling and with limited minutes.

Other than our outsiders perception of DD, are there accounts of players struggling with him personally?

Reply #615243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DD is a bra size

Reply #615287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The reference to players tearing up contracts is from the insid, I can't offer much more

Reply #615308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's out regardless, Welcome back Brian goorgian.

Reply #615316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he'll be alright

Reply #615318 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"it's very unsettling and I feel bad particularly for a few of those struggling and with limited minutes."

To be fair; that's a lot of those players own fault for choosing to go to MU and/or because their simply not good enough for more minutes (Odigie, Milner, Adnam).

I don't know who you're referring to specifically but i'd imagine Wesley would be upset about his minutes - but again, classic example, he chose to go to Melbourne and did so after MU had already signed Blanchfield, Majok and Barlow (who can all play his position) and they still had imports/big time locals to sign up.

He should have expected he would have to fight for his minutes - funnily enough, he is playing about 18mpg currently; his last season in NZ he played 25mpg; dare I say it he would probably be playing 28-29mpg ish for NZ this season if he was there.

Reply #615343 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

"The reference to players tearing up contracts is from the insid, I can't offer much more"

I assume this is why we didn't see a return from Warrick and Holt after their European stints?

Have seen a few of the more regular rotation guys getting torn a new one for minor errors, it doesn't seem limited to thuse with lesser minutes.

Who would become available and be a suitable replacement as coach?

Reply #615344 | Report this post

Watto  
Years ago

They should get Steve Carfino to really stick it to Sydney. And it'd be a favor for the viewing public too

Reply #615345 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Yeah, no kidding

Reply #615346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well I don't think DD is a great coach but they've just won their past game by 40 so I don't think things are that bad

Reply #615353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aight?

Reply #615372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which game was that they won by 40? They beat a very ordinary Bullets team, with a massive injury setback. DD probs wont be back regardless of what happens in the finals. No big deal, a lot of coaches will be lining up for the money United will have to offer. Id rather coach infront of sell outs in a massive city compared to some other spots. Options a plenty for United.

Reply #615454 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:17 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754