Will The Wildcats Make a Run When D.Martin Returns

1. When is he actually back?

2. Will new import help till then?

3. 5 Home 7 Road

4. Is it safe to say they are done?

Topic #40575 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Wildcats' issues go beyond not having Damo.

Their defence used to be amongst the league's best consistently over the years, it is not as good as it used to be.

Whilst the defence has regressed, the Cats had hoped the offence would improve with their run and stun line up. It hasn't.

They made a decision to go away from bump and grind and recruited accordingly. Outside of giving it to Prather on the fast break, I don't think Coach Gleeson has a working formula for run and stun success.

Reply #615733 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

At this point, it seems unlikely that they will make Playoffs. But if this new import is quality and they get Martin back soon, it's not safe to bet on anything yet.

Reply #615734 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

Based on Jarod's airport interview, they learned a lot from the Adelaide's game.

So expect strong showing today. Then when Bryce rolls up, he would make it even stronger.

However, I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Reply #615735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Win tonight and there is life.
Lose tonight and the playoff streak is over.

As much as I want the streak to end ASAP I think the Perth tears would taste even sweeter if they were still in the hunt up till the last game before they blew it so I am torn. Hawks will win tonight anyway but I can live with that.

"Based on Jarod's airport interview, they learned a lot from the Adelaide's game."

They learned a lot and then they sacked their top scorer from that game. So now they are not only the league's most out of form team but they are also another player short.

Reply #615736 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Perth sucks.

Reply #615738 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I don't think Perth are going to the playoffs this year. You can probably count Perth and Brisbane out pretty soon.

Reply #615742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ROLFcopter is a flog

Reply #615744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ROFLcopter speaks the truth

Reply #615745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth has regressed badly in terms of talent since last season. Last season they had by far the best big man rotation in the league. You had three quality starting calibare bigs rotating through, this season Knight has regressed, Brandt is terrible and McKay wont be able to score even in a whore house.

Reply #615754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No , wooden spoon for them

Reply #615755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All I hope is that Martin returns without any lingering doubt about full fitness and the ability to last this season and beyond.

Reply #615756 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

A lot rests on how Cotton fits into this team. Perth are still a really good team. All it takes is a 4 or 5 game winning streak ad they are back in the hunt.

Perth need to win today vs Hawks, split their road double next week and then capitalise on the next few games at home. The theme of this season is " Don't write off anyone". Any team in this competition can make the finals still and from there who knows what can happen.

Reply #615757 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

They will be better with Cotton, and better still when Damo returns. How much better I don't know
It could get interesting, the season is still very close, and it could well be enough to get them into the 4. Fingers crossed.

Reply #615788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They could be back the cats

Reply #615860 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:11 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754