jumper
Years ago

Adelaide have the worst for-against % in the league!

I believe % tells you a lot about the team. With Adelaide having the worst % in the league at this time in the season, i would write them off as a premiership contender.

Melb with the highest % by a significant amount i would rate as favourites, with one of the only other teams with a % above 100%, Illawarra or Sydney to play them in the GF.

Topic #40597 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Me and a buddy were just talking about this, they aren't as good as their record suggests, I think you will see them start to fall out of the top 4

Reply #616405 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

They're already 11-7. 3-7 the rest of the way gives them an excellent chance of making the four, 4-6 guarantees it.

They play New Zealand twice, Brisbane, and Cairns. All they have to do is win those, which they should.

Reply #616415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They'll choke come finals time. I'm a 36er fan but I can see it's nuts going to end well.

Reply #616417 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

We've had 2 massive losses and no overly big wins, so makes sense.

Reply #616418 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Or maybe it means we are the clutchest team of all time?

Reply #616419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide's lack of depth from its imports after Randle is a real worry. Both have been pretty ordinary. I keep thinking why didn't they combine both salaries to one half decent one and bring in a cheap local or vet.

Reply #616421 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Adelaide only have 3 guys who can really contribute.
If any one of them doesn't fire, they stink.
Sobey isn't yet good enough to fire consistently enough.
Randle & DJ more often than not deliver.

The bench is so so poor.

Reply #616422 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

% counts for nothing in this league, I don't know why it is even published.

Their lack of D is a worry, and will continue to be until either Joey wins a ring or leaves.

They SHOULD make the finals from here, but it will be interesting to then watch how the finals progress.

Reply #616432 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

It might mislead people to think that's what influences the ladder when it really isn't likely to.

However, it does show the 36ers are doing a bit of a Hawthorn from last season - winning close games.

At the end of the day though, that kind of behaviour becomes undone when it really counts. I think we've been content because 36ers have won games and for a young side showed incredible maturity in close and intense moments.

Reply #616435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They'll be fine. They have one loss and people hit the panic button. Chill the F out

Reply #616444 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Even if they fall into the finals and are an early exit, they will have seriously outperformed my expectations.

Reply #616445 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Agreed it would take a minor miracle for them not to make the playoffs now and just making the playoffs is way above & beyond where anyone picked them to finish.

Almost playing with house money now.

Reply #616469 | Report this post

jumper  
Years ago

Dazz, your comment, "% counts for nothing" is true in regard to ladder position, but it is a true indication of a teams ability. You comment their D is not up to scratch, that is indicated by their % being the worst in the league.

Teams with inferior % never win championships!

Reply #616482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I'm with Isaac have and will lost probably outperform my expectations but seasons end. Still cuts me up to think we have a team as good as it has been, that with 1 more decent import could be really special. Alas we have Ferguson and Jacobsen, hype and seabl is the nickname my mates and I have given them for their soon to be running on Netflix special. Painfully bad the combo of both of them.

Reply #616484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide are
6-1 in games with margins under 10 points (2-0 in OT),
3-3 in games with margins between 10-20 points and
0-3 in games with margins 20+

So when you have a close game they tend to win but they can't blow teams away and get blown away when they have no chance and those 20+ games are why their percentage is so low. Well that's my take anyway.

Reply #616522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4th best percentage right now

Reply #616635 | Report this post

jumper  
Years ago

what a turn around by Adelaide, now the best % in the league and looking the goods.

Going back to one of my earlier quotes
"Teams with inferior % never win championships!"

Adelaide are now the team to beat!!!

Reply #619108 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:32 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754