My Top 4 in no particular order

Adelaide
Melbourne
Sydney
Perth

Topic #40598 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Perth will just scrape in. Bryce Cotton arrived today and the Cats will also most likely be boosted by Damian Martin's return against Sydney after he trained today.

Reply #616437 | Report this post

Indominos-Rex  
Years ago

^Damo back already? Considering some people were saying there have been some setbacks his injury, I find that very unlikely. Plus as a Kings fan I hope not lol.

Reply #616439 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Unfortunately some people like to post pure bs on here. No one remotely credible mentioned any setbacks. He trained today and Gleeson hasn't ruled out a return this round.

Reply #616440 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Even without a setback, this weekend is still really early. Don't want to have him reinjure it and lose him for the season.

Reply #616441 | Report this post

Indominos-Rex  
Years ago

@Luuuc ohh ok. Didn't Heal say it might be a bit longer? Or did he say he was going to come back early? Either way it'd be good for both Perth and the league to say Damo back.

Reply #616455 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

It remains a tough ask, only because the league is very competitive. Only team I am comfortable tipping to miss is Cairns.
I'm hopeful Cotton will be a great fit, Damo comes back, and we surge into the finals.

Reply #616458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even with cotton and Damo, the cats are up against it to make the playoffs especially because an interior team like Adelaide had a huge winning streak that gives them a good chance of making it. Then you have Sydney and Melbourne who are also loaded who are in stronger ladder positions. Really only leaves Illawarra spot up for grabs. Lucky cats got the split on the weekend, that could prove vital

Reply #616459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*inferior

Reply #616460 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Martin back against Adelaide next week.

Reply #616463 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I share your concern, kr. This doesn't seem like the type of injury you can rush back from. Sure with a broken jaw you can roll the dice, but you can't play basketball and hope your knee won't be under any strain.
Fingers crossed that they're playing it cautiously.

Reply #616466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope Perth fall in a heap. Sick of their style of play being successful in this league. United atleast are fun to watch.

Reply #616473 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I expect Perth to be a lot more watchable once Damo & Cotton settle in.

Reply #616476 | Report this post

TD15  
Years ago

Someone get a box of tissues out for anon

Reply #616480 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I'm with anon, the league needs to be exciting to watch and MEL and ADL are providing that. No one cares if PER win a match 61-60.

Reply #616486 | Report this post

Edit  
Years ago

Any coincidence that Damo is from NSW and always has a bunch of family at Sydney games?

I'd suggest there's a little bit of mind games going on here from the Cats.

He'll travel with the team, but I would say that's to catch up with family & friends and for the Cats to make Sydney prepare for Damo returning.

I can't see the Cats risking him by bringing him back too early, especially with Bryce now in the lineup.

Reply #616489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://thewest.com.au/sport/basketball/oh-captain-my-captain-martin-to-return-for-wildcats-ng-b88345430z

Reply #616490 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

With Damian and Cotton, teams will end up in the dryers....starting with Kings this weekend.

This Cotton guy is not a misnomer...He will 'cotton' you up....I am so impressed with what he can do. Dazz move over.

Reply #616560 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Gleeson press conference from this morning:
https://audioboom.com/posts/5461543-trevor-gleeson-press-conference-5-january-2017

Regarding Damo:
"Best case scenario, he will play 1 out of the 2" (games this round).

Reply #616568 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:17 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754