Punter
Years ago

Open High School Finals

In my opinion the Open High School Finals were just not the same this year with the Boys being at Pasadena and the Girls at the DOme.
There was no atmosphere around at all and with the reduction of teams and only having Finals on the Friday there were less schools which meant less people watching.
I know Morphett Vale in dark and dingy and all the way down South but for me it is back to Morpett Vale and Boys and Girls together next year.
Otherwise the interest and hype of the Carnival will be gone in a few years.

Topic #4061 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

True. Last year's atmosphere was great. There were big crowds for all games.

It reminded me of old school Friday nights when a whole stadium would be one club versus another club on all courts resulting in people hanging around to watch friends.

Reply #47208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if you guys want atmosphere be at the Saint Peters Boys gym at around 7 this friday night...

School basketball atmosphere at its best.

Reply #47222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

true there was no atmosphere at all it was quite flat.

Reply #47231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i play for faith and i didnt think it was too bad, it worked for us!

Reply #47269 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Yeah ... Not a great Deal of Atmosphere ... Not alot of Parents Like A district Game .. So the Crowd Really Relied On Other Players.. Would Have been good to Have girls and Boys at the same Place could have Been a much better Atmoshpere .. wasnt so bad for Pool A .. but the two other Pools Atmosphere was pretty much No existent.. But All and All the Tournment was run Pretty well ..

Reply #47285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PAC vs Pasadena last year was massive, but Anonymous was right, if you want atmosphere, Saint Peters College around 7 on friday night. Place will be packed.

Reply #47326 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

bring it back to the cage... that PAC vs Pasa game was crazy, I had to go to the top of the grandstand and try and peer over just to watch.

Reply #47366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what was happenin at saints boys friday night?

Reply #47835 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Trinity 61 Faith 47

Reply #47873 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

cool, thanks for the score

Reply #47887 | Report this post

kookie  
Years ago

yryhedfhdghfvbngvhfgbnfgvhtgbnnghfjkhckvjkvhj

Reply #50474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh agreed. I played at morphettvale and we won the opens two years back i think. I played opens at pasadena earlier this year and the atmosphere was nonexistent. I would love to play at at morphettvale next year. Even if the courts are crap, atleast there will be a crowd.

Reply #56400 | Report this post

sir  
Years ago

haha yeah i member that pasadena game against PAC i belive pasadena one i think.?

but anyway the games for open knockout should not be at a school like last year, it is abit biast in my eyes back to all the games at wayville is my vote 3 nice courts with plenty of this thing you guys call atmosphere...

Reply #72285 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

i thought the atmosphere at pasa for the pool A guys game was pretty good, mostly trinity people there but it was still fairly loud.

Reply #72905 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:12 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754