JR
Years ago

I give up- NBL live unwatachable 3 weeks straight

Do not pay money for this it is a ripoff.
I get for free they Telstra but is still crap.
They need to sack someone over this

Topic #40619 | Report this topic

AC  
Years ago

Couldn't agree more.

The live chat with their technical staff has never resulted in a resolution either, just a generic response that they're aware of technical difficulties and it will benable back working soon. The fact it doesn't to work on handheld devices doesnt seem to be something they're even trying to repair.

I get it for free through my club membership but there is no way I'd pay for it in its current state.

Reply #616970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I gave up weeks ago, prefer to watch the average quality on betting website like Bet365 and Crownbet. Quality isn't great, but always works.

Reply #616979 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Worked fine for me on my mobile both last night and the 2 games tonight.

Reply #617015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't work for me. Really frustrating. Had to rely on bet365. Nbl tweeted that they were still having issues, but doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

Reply #617024 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Geez, they need to start getting this right from a technical aspect. Even if it were totally free, this is a reputation and access thing for the NBL that they want everyone to use.

With technology people won't even bother wasting time on apps or sites with a reputation for being dodgy or finicky. Yes, even if it's free.

I realise this is only a second attempt by the NBL and it's the first time they've taken over the full broadcast aspect but they do carry to a certain extent the failures of prev NBL management. This is the third edition of NBL streaming?

People will stop bothering using their time and/or money after 3,4,5 years if the product is a pain. Even if they're dedicated, even if it's free.

Which is why it's becoming critical the NBL limit technical issues (which is something you dice with when you use this kind of technology) and ensure good concise information that exudes confidence in the customer

Reply #617035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watched the whole game perfectly. No issues at all.
The usual fading in and out occurs form time to time but hey, a 1000% better than NBL tv as it previously was.

Reply #617044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guy Neville likes to be vocal when things go right but as soon as there's a problem he's pretty quiet.

Reply #617052 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

000% better than NBL tv as it previously was.
It's no such thing. I never had a game completely fail to load on the old NBL TV, and games were available on demand instantly. You could come in at quarter time, rewind to the start, and watch it on delay.

With the current version, if you don't watch the game live you don't get to watch it that day. Some games have taken a week to be available.

Reply #617066 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Kober, as long as you get on before the telecast ends, you can rewind back to the start.

Which makes it all the more inexplicable why the quality is so completely shit. Resolution is poor, and it keeps dropping frames.
Why is there no provision for buffering???

And this is the shit they reckon they're going to sell to China and India???

Reply #617074 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

"With the current version, if you don't watch the game live you don't get to watch it that day. Some games have taken a week to be available"

And some games aren't available at all!

Reply #617079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As I said before Kobe, I have had one game this season that wasn't great. How you view the game is different to me. All I know is when the game is on it's infinity better than the old version.

Reply #617091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It worked for me last night on my mobile phone. Strange that it works for some and not others. Either way, they need to sort it out.

Reply #617099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey, if it works for the anon above then it must be a million trillion times better than the previous product. After all, the success of the league is dependent one it only working for some people - if it doesn't work for others then that is just their problem and they shouldn't complain.

/s

Reply #617105 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

It has always worked perfectly for me this season - MUCH better than last year. It might take a minute for the resolution to "build" but from then on, it's been excellent every time - either watching live or the replays.

The major issue is the bandwidth to the device. I'm lucky, having 12Mbits NBN over fibre and watch it by "casting" over a wireless Ethernet extender from my laptop to a large-screen TV - again, resolution excellent. Slower or less reliable connections could/will have issues.

Reply #617109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was unwatchable using Telstra 4G. Not because of any slow speeds, buffering or bandwidth - an error message was popping up every 20-30 seconds for many people saying "the video can't be played" then directing people to leave feedback. Check the comments directed at the NBL Twitter for proof.

The NBL also acknowledged the issue (again) on Twitter but as this problem continually happens randomly then it becomes obvious they haven't done enough to address the problem.

Reply #617111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just out of interest are those having mobile issues using Apple or Android?

Reply #617114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was using my iPad.

Reply #617115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strange that for most of the season very few have complained
Now its been all season. /rolleyes

Reply #617116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Worked well for me tonight on Android

Reply #617570 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:19 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754