Anonymous
Years ago

Is Dillard another Ware/Randle?

Read in the report he has played with Ware before and knows Randle. Could he be another injection of a star PG to boost a team late?

Topic #40623 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

Early signs are "no". Looks steady, but not sure he's going to be enough to get the Breakers into the semis.

Reply #617136 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Dullard more like it

Reply #617146 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Not today he's not.

Reply #617149 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Trouble for NZ. 22 points down at the half after giving up 64 points - with Randle and Sobey barely troubling the scorers

Reply #617156 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Wrong thread, sorry. Dillard looks ok but not a game changer at this stage

Reply #617157 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Really helps with the balance of the offence, can't defend at all, can penetrate and kick which will help get others open looks. Shot is OK but doesn't look like he will light it up.
Can't understand what is with the double high post? And he comes down on one side for handoff.
Get in the middle of the floor with Loe who is really playing well and go to work that way it is easier to avoid the double and should be easier to find Loe.

Reply #617159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^probably because he arrived in the country yesterday. First day with team today.

Reply #617170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And shot isn't too bad. 4 3's so far.

Reply #617171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought he looked pretty good out there, considering the lack of preparation. Apparently the first time he met his teammates was in the locker room before the game, so he wasn't even able to get a practice session in to acclimatize.

Let's not forget that Cotton had a full week of practice with his team before suiting up.

Reply #617187 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

Adelaide has depth. At this point, only wildcats can match it.

Reply #617189 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Not even close. Decent....... but definitely not in the Cotton category.
He will help make the Breakers respectable but he won't be putting the team on his back and carrying them to playoffs.
Would have like to see Carter getting more time in the final quarter.
Don't know why a pure shooter of his ability doesn't get to put up more shots?
It is at the other end though that the Breakers are woefully inadequate right now. We managed to take very little away from Adelaide.
They did whatever they liked.

Reply #617199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's Cotton category, dude played one game and had the whole week to become accustomed to the Perth players, coaches and systems. Dillard meet most of the players today and overcame a cold start to put up respectable numbers considering.

It's only one game and ld take another few before making judgements on Dillard and even Cotton.

Reply #617214 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, Dillard looked better as the game went on, but doesn't look like he's the same type of explosive scorer as Randle/Ware/Cotton, which is probably what it would take to get NZ into the top 4.

Reply #617234 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

No doubt Dillard will improve...... but the difference between him and Cotton, POISE.
Cotton doubled on his first two plays. He was ready and passed out of it. Dillard seemed surprised and looked like he wasn't expecting it, almost turned it over . He also over dribbled when he was trying to wrong foot his defender. He won't get away with that with Lisch.
I liked the way Cotton stepped up to shoot. The manner he did this was far more assured than Dillard. Nothing wrong with Dillard's shot. He looked good.
Doesn't matter to me that he just got off a plane. The game doesn't change. What players are trying to do and how they go about it doesn't change.
First impressions though Cotton is way ahead of Dillard, and I am sure 90% of basketball followers would subscribe to that view.
I can't think of anyone in the league who could have made that scoop shot Cotton pulled off against Lisch. I'll give Dillard his due when I see him take Lisch off the dribble this week. But I don't think it's going to happen.

Reply #617282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Dillard could be the real deal

Reply #618241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys are sleeping on Dillard! He is very impressive

Reply #618751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's been better than Cotton so far, IMO.

Reply #618753 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:51 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754