Isaac
Years ago

Breakers release imports Woodside and Stockton

"Ben Woodside and David Stockton will leave us this week, Ben after it has become obvious that he won't return to full fitness this season, and David as he is replaced by Kevin.
Kevin Dillard had a reasonable debut against Adelaide yesterday.Full story

Topic #40632 | Report this topic

Aussie  
Years ago

I watched the game yesterday on Fox Sports.

Dillard looked pretty good in my opinion

Reply #617337 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Not a bad debut by Dillard considering he just hooped of the plane and meet his new team mates in the dressing rooms just before the game.

Reply #617355 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Too little too late Dillon. Needed to happen a month ago to give us a shot at finals run. Too many games, Sydney, Cairns slipped into the L column to try and make up now.

Reply #617367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tom a month ago Stockton had just joined, that was Dillon making a move. It didn't come off, like Cats and Ingram, it happens.

Reply #617382 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Stockton arrived mid November. He played round 7 v Illawarra November 18th. Played OK with 17 points. He was solid but never an impact player.
In his first 3 weeks, he played the Illawara series we lost 1-2 (2 of these at home) then we were thumped away to Melbourne, beat Brisbane(H) then lost away to Adelaide. So in the first 3 weeks Stockton was here, our W-L record was 2-4.
We went 3 and 8 while he was here. He was injured for 2 of those games.
The part of his game that I questioned was his inability to create either in the half court or with more particularly in transition. To me that showed a lack of confidence in his own game.

My point is that Stockton was not good enough to help us win even half of our regular season games. We were 4 and 5 before he arrived. We should have made the call to cut him mid December (when we were 6 and 9). Now Dillon has made that call (when we were 8 and 11, that has now become 8 and 12))and it is too late, unless we can go 7 of 8 . An impossible task, matched only this season by Adelaide.

Compared to Perth who's task now is to win at least 6 of 10. Achievable???

Reply #617407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:12 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754