Isaac
Years ago

Bullets sign import Jeremy Kendle

Any SEABL fans know how his game might translate to the NBL?

Topic #40654 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, this guy can really play. Only saw him probably 3 times so I'll let someone from Bendigo go into finer detail. Best SEABL peak since 2014 version of Roy Booker.

Reply #617891 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

MVP in 2015 (QBL) and 2016 (SEABL). He's a gun at the second-tier level. It should translate to NBL - he's been on the fringe a couple of times now i.e. training session with United in July and almost signed with Cairns in December 2015 when Markel Starks was injured.

Bullets news release here: http://www.brisbanebullets.com.au/kendle-added-bullets-roster/

Reply #617892 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

If he recovers fully from his recent injury, I think he should translate well to the NBL. IMO The closest player currently in the NBL that he could be compared to, would be Rotnei Clarke. Both were undrafted in 2013 NBA draft.

Similar size to Clarke, slightly bigger and stronger but not as fast. Offensively as aggresive as Clarke, respectable outside shooter with a strong mid-range pull up and very strong post-up skill as a guard, would require a bigger defender down low. Defensively nothing outstanding, similar to Clarke.

Reply #617893 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks all, but especially Steve for the comparison and detail. Sounds like a good third import signing for any team.

Reply #617896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was wondering what was taking Brisbane so long to get reinforcements. Turns out they were sold on this guy but he's been injured.

Reply #617906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeremy Kendle's last game as far as I'm aware.

https://youtu.be/eN_06C9D1Ww

Reply #617911 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Does that mean Izzy Tueta is released?

Reply #617913 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

They're down Bairstow and Petrie; no reason they couldn't have both Tueta and Kendle.

Reply #617914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Kendall went and played in the Asian league after Bendigo, how the kings could use a guard of his talent.

Reply #617915 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

"Kendle's addition brings the Bullets roster back to 11 active players, with Isaih Tueta also remaining in the squad." per http://www.brisbanebullets.com.au/kendle-added-bullets-roster/

Reply #617916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was expected to play in NZ I thought. Still highly sought after in the SEABL too.

Reply #617917 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

I saw him at a few Hawkies training sessions and he didn't look out of place. With his strong build for a guard he would have been an ideal signing for the Kings. I think his game will help the Bullets break down some defenses - hopefully NOT the Hawkies this Fri! : )

Reply #617919 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Is he going to take playing time from Te Rangi, Bruce and Beal? He is a scorer and needs a licence and time to get the best out of him.
He can attack the hoop off the dribble, under control,looks like he can pass and I think this will help Brisbane.
Last roll of the dice? They have to go 6 of 8 to make the finals.

Reply #617921 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

I've watched most Brisbane games this year and it appears that no one has a 'license' to go ahead and shoot outside of the designated offence. That's obviously the Lemanis approach but I feel some of the guys would benefit from being allowed to shoot open shots when they present. An open look from Kicks from 3 is a good shot regardless of weather it's early in the shot clock or not. Here's hoping Andre allows more freedom for this last push to a playoff berth.

Reply #617942 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

^Interesting observation!

Reply #617944 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

He was training with Hawks after playing for Bendigo.I'd say Kevin White got him up here to keep up his fitness as they were team mates at Bendigo.

Reply #617949 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Wouldn't say Kendle compares similarly to Rotnei, he attacks the basket a lot more in contrast to Rotnei's jumpshots. They're about the same height and that's it.

Hope Kendle takes ALL of Te Stinky and Bruce's minutes.

Reply #617964 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ben, Rotnei has been attacking the basket a fair bit this season.

Reply #617966 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He attacked the basket a fair bit his first season!

Reply #617969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Regarding a licence to shoot I do feel Beal has been impacted by this. He's the type of player you have to let take some low percentage shots.

Reply #617992 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Detective John Kendle

Reply #617999 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754