Dunk Basketball Uniforms Aussie Basketball Travellers
NBL.TV - get it now!

AD: Office space available in Adelaide CBD @ 313 Halifax St; suit creatives; freelance desks or space for 2-4 person business. More info

Isaac
Last month

Bullets sign import Jeremy Kendle

Any SEABL fans know how his game might translate to the NBL?

Report this topic

Anonymous
Last month
21:29 11 Jan 17

Reply #617891

re: Bullets sign import Jeremy Kendle

Isaac, this guy can really play. Only saw him probably 3 times so I'll let someone from Bendigo go into finer detail. Best SEABL peak since 2014 version of Roy Booker.

Report this post

DaHuzyBru
Last month
22:17 11 Jan 17

Reply #617892

MVP in 2015 (QBL) and 2016 (SEABL). He's a gun at the second-tier level. It should translate to NBL - he's been on the fringe a couple of times now i.e. training session with United in July and almost signed with Cairns in December 2015 when Markel Starks was injured.

Bullets news release here: http://www.brisbanebullets.com.au/kendle-added-bullets-roster/

Report this post

SteveK2
Last month
22:19 11 Jan 17

Reply #617893

If he recovers fully from his recent injury, I think he should translate well to the NBL. IMO The closest player currently in the NBL that he could be compared to, would be Rotnei Clarke. Both were undrafted in 2013 NBA draft.

Similar size to Clarke, slightly bigger and stronger but not as fast. Offensively as aggresive as Clarke, respectable outside shooter with a strong mid-range pull up and very strong post-up skill as a guard, would require a bigger defender down low. Defensively nothing outstanding, similar to Clarke.

Report this post

Isaac
Last month
22:33 11 Jan 17

Reply #617896

Thanks all, but especially Steve for the comparison and detail. Sounds like a good third import signing for any team.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last month
00:43 12 Jan 17

Reply #617906

Was wondering what was taking Brisbane so long to get reinforcements. Turns out they were sold on this guy but he's been injured.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last month
02:10 12 Jan 17

Reply #617911

Jeremy Kendle's last game as far as I'm aware.

https://youtu.be/eN_06C9D1Ww

Report this post

Tom
Last month
05:10 12 Jan 17

Reply #617913

Does that mean Izzy Tueta is released?

Report this post

koberulz
Last month
05:19 12 Jan 17

Reply #617914

They're down Bairstow and Petrie; no reason they couldn't have both Tueta and Kendle.

Report this post

Anonymous
Last month
05:42 12 Jan 17

Reply #617915

I thought Kendall went and played in the Asian league after Bendigo, how the kings could use a guard of his talent.

Report this post

DaHuzyBru
Last month
05:42 12 Jan 17

Reply #617916

"Kendle's addition brings the Bullets roster back to 11 active players, with Isaih Tueta also remaining in the squad." per http://www.brisbanebullets.com.au/kendle-added-bullets-roster/

Report this post

Anonymous
Last month
07:06 12 Jan 17

Reply #617917

He was expected to play in NZ I thought. Still highly sought after in the SEABL too.

Report this post

Air Delay
Last month
07:09 12 Jan 17

Reply #617919

I saw him at a few Hawkies training sessions and he didn't look out of place. With his strong build for a guard he would have been an ideal signing for the Kings. I think his game will help the Bullets break down some defenses - hopefully NOT the Hawkies this Fri! : )

Report this post

Tom
Last month
09:06 12 Jan 17

Reply #617921

Is he going to take playing time from Te Rangi, Bruce and Beal? He is a scorer and needs a licence and time to get the best out of him.
He can attack the hoop off the dribble, under control,looks like he can pass and I think this will help Brisbane.
Last roll of the dice? They have to go 6 of 8 to make the finals.

Report this post

AKA
Last month
12:10 12 Jan 17

Reply #617942

I've watched most Brisbane games this year and it appears that no one has a 'license' to go ahead and shoot outside of the designated offence. That's obviously the Lemanis approach but I feel some of the guys would benefit from being allowed to shoot open shots when they present. An open look from Kicks from 3 is a good shot regardless of weather it's early in the shot clock or not. Here's hoping Andre allows more freedom for this last push to a playoff berth.

Report this post

Bear
Last month
12:21 12 Jan 17

Reply #617944

^Interesting observation!

Report this post

Johnson
Last month
12:45 12 Jan 17

Reply #617949

He was training with Hawks after playing for Bendigo.I'd say Kevin White got him up here to keep up his fitness as they were team mates at Bendigo.

Report this post

Ben
Last month
15:53 12 Jan 17

Reply #617964

Wouldn't say Kendle compares similarly to Rotnei, he attacks the basket a lot more in contrast to Rotnei's jumpshots. They're about the same height and that's it.

Hope Kendle takes ALL of Te Stinky and Bruce's minutes.

Report this post

Isaac
Last month
15:55 12 Jan 17

Reply #617966

Ben, Rotnei has been attacking the basket a fair bit this season.

Report this post

paul
Last month
16:24 12 Jan 17

Reply #617969

He attacked the basket a fair bit his first season!

Report this post

Anonymous
Last month
19:36 12 Jan 17

Reply #617992

Regarding a licence to shoot I do feel Beal has been impacted by this. He's the type of player you have to let take some low percentage shots.

Report this post

Mike
Last month
19:45 12 Jan 17

Reply #617999

Detective John Kendle

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Pallas 52

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

NBL.TV - Your team, live and free!
Liam Flynn - basketball coaching and consulting

Recent Posts

NBL.TV - Your team, anytime, anywhere. Live and free*.

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:47 am, Wed 22 Feb 2017 | Posts: 651,858 | Last 7 days: 2,310