WNBL Round 14

Thur:
Adelaide Lightning v Sydney Uni Flames - 16:30

Fri:
Bendigo Spirit v Sydney Uni Flames - 19:30

Sat:
Dandenong Rangers v Melbourne Boomers - 15:00
UC Capitals v Townsville Fire - 15:00

Lightning just pushed Sydney right to the wire, but turned it over when they had a chance to win it from a side ball with ~ 7 seconds left in the game. Another top effort though.

Topic #40657 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boomers play rangers. Who are the main match ups and who
Will win.

Reply #618375 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

There are no main matchups. Rangers to crush 'em.
It's the club's big 25th anniversary day, they'll have nearly every past player in history at the game, they've flown Penny Taylor in ... there's no way they lose this one. Too much talent, and today they'll be switched on as well.

Reply #618379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tolo's husband thinks Tolo should be fouled out by now

Reply #618425 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"Rangers to crush 'em."

^ shows what I know ... this one is now in OT

Reply #618432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boomers go down fighting. Scored just 5points in
Overtime.

Reply #618574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rangers had a shocker again, but showed how tough they are to come back in overtime for a 12 point win.
Again though Anderson hardly used her bench, they can't keep this up without it being detrimental eventually. Why have such a strong bench and yet sit them out. Is Sherf injured she only plaged 9 mins ?

Reply #618672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am still wondering about the logic behind black being cut for new import. Surely this was a huge mistake for the Boomers

Reply #618694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Makes you think perhaps it was Black who cut her ties seeing the writing on the wall.

Reply #618718 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

I don't know how reliable the AustraliaBasket website is, but they're claiming Black signed with a team in Israel. http://www.australiabasket.com/Australia/news/475932/Black-is-back-at-Ramat-Hasharon,-ex-Melbourne?Women=1

I think both Black and Keane would be solid players in the league if they were playing alongside an actual center i.e. Penaluna. Both of them, plus the other 'bigger' girls Melbourne have are imo being played in roles they're not used to in order to fill the void.

Reply #618854 | Report this post

Boomers fan  
Years ago

Went to the Rangers/Boomers game. So disappointed for the Boomers, as they did everything bar win. Only the Boomers could lose from 5 up with a minute to go.

Agree with Melb fan - with a genuine Centre (which the Boomers don't have) both Keane and/or Black would be handy imports. Keane is having to play a role that she isn't ideally suited to at the moment. Don't disagree with the decision to cut Black, despite her height being handy right now. For a veteran import, her lack of intensity/defence was a concern.

The Boomers are going (reasonably) well, given their squad doesn't have a Centre, and Keane is the only genuine PF, although you could argue Thompson plays like a PF. They often have Smart, Cole, Garrick, Cunningham, Kunek on the floor together, so they're playing with a PG, a SG and 3 SF's.

Went to the Boomers/Lightning game the week before. Expected the Boomers to have an easy victory, but the Lightning were fantastic. Very impressed with their point guard Logic, who controlled their offence perfectly. The Boomers would be filthy on Roberts, who was ordinary for them last season, but played out of her skin for Adelaide.

Reply #619317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ only need to look at the coaching to see why their is a difference in Roberts play
Roberts for boomers last year was hardly used, it's like Toddhunter who's with rangers, when she was with Boomers she hardly hit the court, she was tremendous against them on the weekend.

Reply #619339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ only need to look at the coaching to see why their is a difference in Roberts play
Roberts for boomers last year was hardly used, it's like Toddhunter who's with rangers, when she was with Boomers she hardly hit the court, she was tremendous against them on the weekend.

Reply #619340 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It also doesn't hurt that physically Roberts looks in the best shape she's been for many years

Reply #619343 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Last season if I recall correctly Roberts injured her hand/wrist, I can't remember when/how long it was for, but I remember seeing her at the end of the bench in the club polo for a while with it in a brace which wouldn't have helped her quest for minutes - as well as being stuck being Penaluna when fit and Oliver in the rotations.

I think Adelaide is a great fit for her, I hope she can continue improving to reach her potential but gee her strong body would be useful for the Boomers right now!

Reply #619402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She would be a great fit.

Reply #619416 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:54 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754