DaHuzyBru
Years ago

Ramone Moore out for rest of season

"The Club has today announced that Melbourne United import point-guard Ramone Moore will sit out the remainder of the season after suffering a calf injury in last Saturday night's game against the Illawarra Hawks.

The Club is actively pursuing a replacement player with an announcement expected to be made in the coming days.

Moore will remain in Melbourne with the club to undergo his rehab process before returning home to the US for the birth of his second child in February."

http://www.melbourneutd.com.au/featured-news/club-roster-injury-updates/

Goulding & Blanchfield also injured, Matt Hancock and Bennie Lewis were elevated to face 36ers

Topic #40658 | Report this topic

Brunson  
Years ago

Even if they get another import he wouldn't be able to qualify for finals is that correct?

Reply #618044 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Would have to play against Cairns on Saturday.

Reply #618046 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

So it's 7 games then? I thought it had previously been reported that it is 8.

Reply #618047 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Roy Ward confirmed 7 on Twitter. Did some digging after having heard both.

Reply #618049 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

That's pretty funny, I remembered the rule was 7 games from Rod Grizzard's end of season stint with the 36ers in 2009 yet people had been saying 8 games was the new minimum and then in the Bullets official Kendle signing announcement they re-iterated it was 8 games minimum.

While he has yet to recover fully from the injury Kendle will take his place in the Bullets roster from this Friday's clash with Illawarra in order to fulfil the NBL’s 8 game criteria to be eligible for the playoffs. His on court involvement will be assessed on a game by game basis.

http://www.brisbanebullets.com.au/kendle-added-bullets-roster/

I was wondering when the rule changed!

Reply #618052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a melbourne supporter (perth fan) but I feel for melbourne as they were really looking good before the injuries.

Reply #618054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ramone is a Point Guard?

Reply #618056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dodgy shit going on yet again

Reply #618057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ Like Stockton dropped due to ongoing injury and then played and an next game an import is there ready to go.. Timing !!!!

Reply #618058 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

That's pretty funny, I remembered the rule was 7 games from Rod Grizzard's end of season stint with the 36ers in 2009
How long was the season in 2009? It's a percentage of games, not a set number.

According to the article Ward just posted, new players have to be registered before 75% of the season is complete, and must play 25% of the season.

So the new player had to be registered before tonight's game but didn't have to play in it.

Given that, and the fact that Moore went from a game-day decision to out for the year, I can't help but think the injury is merely an excuse.

Reply #618061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How long is cg43 out for?

Reply #618063 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

It's 25%, so yes currently that is 7 games.

Reply #618068 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I had never heard the 75% rule before it was always referred to as 7 games for the last 10 or so years maybe longer.

Given that, and the fact that Moore went from a game-day decision to out for the year, I can't help but think the injury is merely an excuse.

Of course it is.

Reply #618070 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

What is Ramone Moore's position? Is he a point guard or small forward or what? He has some sublime-dribbling skills, very very good. Very quick and co-ordinated.

Reply #618074 | Report this post

Indominos-Rex  
Years ago

I don't understand why this would be an excuse for cutting him? I thought he was playing well for Melbourne?

Reply #618076 | Report this post

Indominos-Rex  
Years ago

@Matt Instead of just asking silly questions why don't you look it up?

Reply #618077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe they've signed a star. Their last two imports have been ex NBA players

Reply #618078 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

I always thought Ramone played well and was also well liked by his teammates. Didn't really light it up but always played his role, so hard to think he's been cut and the injury is am excuse, but if so I'm disappointed in Melbourne.

Reply #618081 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

So what, Melbourne just keep experimenting with imports to make sure they've got enough talent to challenge? They shouldn't have to make big changes to get better.

If Moore is truly injured then why not just keep Boone when Williams comes back? Wasn't it their intention to hold on to Williams? If this is the case, Boone could slide down to a 4/5 type, Barlow to a 4/3, and Williams could give them needed depth in the front court. You've effectively replaced Andersen then also.

Reply #618089 | Report this post

Em  
Years ago

What is all this talk questioning whether Ramona Moore is injured?
Have you seen the footage from the game vs hawks?
He limps up the court signaling he needs to come off - he cannot even walk properly?
I think they said calf injury - he has probably torn it. - season over

Reply #618093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see Boti is now embarrassing himself on twitter just because others knew the qualification rule and he didn't

Reply #618095 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

NBL teams didn't even know the qualification rule as I quoted above!

The rule was always 7 games even back when it was a 30 game season so not sure why a collective belief of 8 games being the new rule came from.

Reply #618099 | Report this post

stackhouse  
Years ago

Zodiac - Actually it's 8!

9.1. A player may not be registered with an NBL Club after that NBL Club has played more than or equal to 75% of its regular season games.

As of last night they have played 75% of their games.

Reply #618105 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

I assume they will keep Boone in the lineup when Willaims comes back from injuries. Moore looks to be making room for Williams/Boone. Thos that are disagreeing with Boti on Twitter will be blocked by him. He hates being shown that he is incorrect and is a petulant child if you ask me. With all the chop and changes to the import lineups at a lot of clubs, assuming that they have to pay out the contracts, does their whole salary for the season contribute to the salary cap? Did United have to pay out Jackson's contract and now presumably Moore's?

Reply #618109 | Report this post

overloaded  
Years ago

Surely they are not going to persirt with Williams. He is cr@p.
Is Anderson going to play again?

Reply #618111 | Report this post

Em  
Years ago

No player may play NBL finals without being on the Active Players List for at least or more than 25% of the regular season.

So that is 7 games

I'm pretty sure the medical staff at Utd would have known Moore would be out for the season as soon as he did that injury. I think they would have started looking for a replacement straight after the game - so they might have someone registered even before last night's game.

Reply #618112 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Does that mean that Moore was delisted before last nights game or can you have 4 imports registered as long as only 3 play? I'm sure Melbourne have a loop hole somewhere?

Reply #618121 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

If they registered them for the game, surely we could find out who it is?

Reply #618122 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

"His replacement reportedly has been signed and registered before the deadline (tip-off in Adelaide) but won't be ready to face Cairns."

http://www.chinchillanews.com.au/news/uniteds-injury-toll-keeps-growing-with-wares-ankle/3131479/

Meanwhile when is Andersen back? It was supposed to be a 4-6 week injury. It's been about 5 weeks, so he should be back soon, unless there's been a setback or the injury was more serious than first thought?

Reply #618124 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Zodiac - Actually it's 8!

No it's 7 games as MU said in their Kromah signing annoucement.

http://www.melbourneutd.com.au/featured-news/lasan-kromah-joins-melbourne/

It's been 7 games for a long time now irrespective of how many games the NBL season has gone for which used to change a bit from season to season.

Reply #618143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

here's an article about it which quotes the actual rules

https://pickandroll.com.au/melbournes-injury-crisis-creates-off-court-drama/

Reply #618145 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:55 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754