overloaded
Years ago

Home cooking

Its got beyond a joke.
give us your thoughts.....

Topic #40666 | Report this topic

AKA  
Years ago

Happens at all stadiums in all sports around the globe.

Reply #618265 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

It's not even that bad tonight. I think overloaded has money on the game. If bullets lose they have no one to blame but themselves with poor defense this second half.

Reply #618266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lot's of talk about it this year, but I think its just all round bad reffing for all games, for both sides too

Reply #618267 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

I agree in that it doesn't seem as prevalent tonight. In fact the riffing as a whole has been ok tonight

Reply #618271 | Report this post

overloaded  
Years ago

So that charge on Beal didnt decide the game? Open your eyes ffs

Reply #618284 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

AKA got that right, part and parcel of the home court advantage philosophy.

Whether they wanna admit it or not, most refs are loathe to piss the home crowd off. Pointing out fouls/violations, booing, cursing, threats of violence... come to think of it there has been a couple of cases where soccer refs have been gunned down on the field in South America if you wanna go to the extreme.

Reply #618285 | Report this post

overloaded  
Years ago

Reply #618289 | Report this post

overloaded  
Years ago

I just think its got to a level that is unacceptable. Its putting me off the game

Reply #618291 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Charge call was correct

Reply #618292 | Report this post

MidRange  
Years ago

That was a charge... why Beal went so early on the last possession should be the question...

Reply #618295 | Report this post

Green 53  
Years ago

The charge call was correct. The third quarter had a few Brisbane favoured calls imo. Holyfield unsportsmanlike on tueta should have been a standard foul.

Reply #618296 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Even if they didn't call the charge on Beal, I didn't think it was a blocking foul and he lost possession so it was a turnover either way. There were a few iffy decisions but that certainly wasn't one I would hang my hat on from that game as evidence of home cooking.

Reply #618300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your a knob overloaded that's my thoughts

Reply #618302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ya team loses and you blame the refs ... move on

Reply #618303 | Report this post

overloaded  
Years ago

Coming from a no name sook....lol

Reply #618304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not the one whinging ^^^

Reply #618307 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

The Bullets lost because Jermain Beal is washed up.

Reply #618308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

charge call was fair imo, overloaded definitely had money on the bullets

Reply #618309 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

why Beal went so early on the last possession should be the question...
They were behind. Have to leave time for a foul if you miss the shot.

Reply #618312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After the last game between Perth and Adelaide, we had a strong Easterly blowing, and you could smell the aroma of the home-cooking blowing across the Nullarbor.

Reply #618314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide fans are so caught up on that Knight/Randle charge call at the end of that game that they forget the Wildcats were on the wrong end of a bunch of howlers that game too. I think most cats fans acknowledge it was a very questionable call at the end, but Adelaide fans don't seem to acknowledge the other bad calls in that game.

Reply #618317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was a charge stop being a salty jerk.

Reply #618319 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

We Adelaide supporters recognise the bad calls in that game that Perth got. We understand refs will make mistakes on calls. The main problem we had with Knight/Randle call is that the NBL has this flop rule, and in the Adelaide home games the refs had been handing out flop warnings and techs to Adleaide players left, right and centre for going down trying to get charge calls. it's the blatant inconsistency in the calling and interpretation by the refs. Have you noticed how Knight has managed to stay upright defending much bigger opponents in the games since then.

Reply #618357 | Report this post

Ras Posse  
Years ago

How can you complain about flop calls at home when you have the worst offender of flopping in the league on your team. The flop warning and tech situation has been a joke all year with it being called differently game to game.

Reply #618367 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

not complaining about the calls happening, just the inconsistent interpretation, thats the whole point I was making about the flop call changing in the Perth game compared to at Adelaide where the refs had been calling flops. It's just guesswork by the refs and the thread is about home cooking. At the start of the year the refs were calling 1-2 flops a game and yet calling nothing lately and players are still falling over the same and the refs are more inclined to call the charge. Maybe the crowds booing/reaction to the flop calls is influencing the call. Teys lately hasn't been warned for a flop has been rewarded with charge calls.

Reply #618413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's obviously not home cooking, its just that Adelaide have been smart. Rather than incur the salary tax by paying players, they have put the money into paying the refs. No other possible explanation.
Unless we can get some independent and bribe proof FIBA refs for the finals, mights as well just give Adelaide the trophy now.

Reply #618643 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Seriously Adelaide paid refs.. You idiot.. If you can't see the brilliance in what is happening at Adelaide like the rest of the country is conceding and admiring then poor you. Yes reffing is inconsistent and annoying but what season and competition is it not annoying. Yes NBA seems better but their rules are different. Defensive 3 seconds is a big one and alllows more spectacle but less D so easier to ref in open space.

Reply #618654 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:10 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754