Advertising spot currently available.
Minimum three month period (1.5+ million page views, 92% Australian).
Email [email protected] for rates and options.

Dunk Basketball Uniforms

AD: Office space available in Adelaide CBD @ 313 Halifax St;
Suit creatives; freelance desks or space for 2-4 person business. More info

overloaded
Earlier this year

Home cooking

Its got beyond a joke.
give us your thoughts.....

Report this topic

AKA
Earlier this year
20:45 13 Jan 17

Reply #618265

re: Home cooking

Happens at all stadiums in all sports around the globe.

Report this post

Brunson
Earlier this year
20:49 13 Jan 17

Reply #618266

It's not even that bad tonight. I think overloaded has money on the game. If bullets lose they have no one to blame but themselves with poor defense this second half.

Report this post

Anonymous
Earlier this year
20:50 13 Jan 17

Reply #618267

Lot's of talk about it this year, but I think its just all round bad reffing for all games, for both sides too

Report this post

AKA
Earlier this year
20:53 13 Jan 17

Reply #618271

I agree in that it doesn't seem as prevalent tonight. In fact the riffing as a whole has been ok tonight

Report this post

overloaded
Earlier this year
20:59 13 Jan 17

Reply #618284

So that charge on Beal didnt decide the game? Open your eyes ffs

Report this post

SteveK2
Earlier this year
21:00 13 Jan 17

Reply #618285

AKA got that right, part and parcel of the home court advantage philosophy.

Whether they wanna admit it or not, most refs are loathe to piss the home crowd off. Pointing out fouls/violations, booing, cursing, threats of violence... come to think of it there has been a couple of cases where soccer refs have been gunned down on the field in South America if you wanna go to the extreme.

Report this post

overloaded
Earlier this year
21:01 13 Jan 17

Reply #618289

Report this post

overloaded
Earlier this year
21:02 13 Jan 17

Reply #618291

I just think its got to a level that is unacceptable. Its putting me off the game

Report this post

Brunson
Earlier this year
21:02 13 Jan 17

Reply #618292

Charge call was correct

Report this post

MidRange
Earlier this year
21:04 13 Jan 17

Reply #618295

That was a charge... why Beal went so early on the last possession should be the question...

Report this post

Green 53
Earlier this year
21:05 13 Jan 17

Reply #618296

The charge call was correct. The third quarter had a few Brisbane favoured calls imo. Holyfield unsportsmanlike on tueta should have been a standard foul.

Report this post

Luuuc
Earlier this year
21:07 13 Jan 17

Reply #618300

Even if they didn't call the charge on Beal, I didn't think it was a blocking foul and he lost possession so it was a turnover either way. There were a few iffy decisions but that certainly wasn't one I would hang my hat on from that game as evidence of home cooking.

Report this post

Anonymous
Earlier this year
21:10 13 Jan 17

Reply #618302

Your a knob overloaded that's my thoughts

Report this post

Anonymous
Earlier this year
21:11 13 Jan 17

Reply #618303

Ya team loses and you blame the refs ... move on

Report this post

overloaded
Earlier this year
21:12 13 Jan 17

Reply #618304

Coming from a no name sook....lol

Report this post

Anonymous
Earlier this year
21:30 13 Jan 17

Reply #618307

Not the one whinging ^^^

Report this post

CT
Earlier this year
21:35 13 Jan 17

Reply #618308

The Bullets lost because Jermain Beal is washed up.

Report this post

Anonymous
Earlier this year
21:37 13 Jan 17

Reply #618309

charge call was fair imo, overloaded definitely had money on the bullets

Report this post

koberulz
Earlier this year
21:43 13 Jan 17

Reply #618312

why Beal went so early on the last possession should be the question...
They were behind. Have to leave time for a foul if you miss the shot.

Report this post

Anonymous
Earlier this year
21:49 13 Jan 17

Reply #618314

After the last game between Perth and Adelaide, we had a strong Easterly blowing, and you could smell the aroma of the home-cooking blowing across the Nullarbor.

Report this post

Anonymous
Earlier this year
22:04 13 Jan 17

Reply #618317

Adelaide fans are so caught up on that Knight/Randle charge call at the end of that game that they forget the Wildcats were on the wrong end of a bunch of howlers that game too. I think most cats fans acknowledge it was a very questionable call at the end, but Adelaide fans don't seem to acknowledge the other bad calls in that game.

Report this post

Anonymous
Earlier this year
22:20 13 Jan 17

Reply #618319

Was a charge stop being a salty jerk.

Report this post

sixtiesrockstar
Earlier this year
07:26 14 Jan 17

Reply #618357

We Adelaide supporters recognise the bad calls in that game that Perth got. We understand refs will make mistakes on calls. The main problem we had with Knight/Randle call is that the NBL has this flop rule, and in the Adelaide home games the refs had been handing out flop warnings and techs to Adleaide players left, right and centre for going down trying to get charge calls. it's the blatant inconsistency in the calling and interpretation by the refs. Have you noticed how Knight has managed to stay upright defending much bigger opponents in the games since then.

Report this post

Ras Posse
Earlier this year
09:41 14 Jan 17

Reply #618367

How can you complain about flop calls at home when you have the worst offender of flopping in the league on your team. The flop warning and tech situation has been a joke all year with it being called differently game to game.

Report this post

sixtiesrockstar
Earlier this year
15:21 14 Jan 17

Reply #618413

not complaining about the calls happening, just the inconsistent interpretation, thats the whole point I was making about the flop call changing in the Perth game compared to at Adelaide where the refs had been calling flops. It's just guesswork by the refs and the thread is about home cooking. At the start of the year the refs were calling 1-2 flops a game and yet calling nothing lately and players are still falling over the same and the refs are more inclined to call the charge. Maybe the crowds booing/reaction to the flop calls is influencing the call. Teys lately hasn't been warned for a flop has been rewarded with charge calls.

Report this post

Anonymous
Earlier this year
03:00 15 Jan 17

Reply #618643

It's obviously not home cooking, its just that Adelaide have been smart. Rather than incur the salary tax by paying players, they have put the money into paying the refs. No other possible explanation.
Unless we can get some independent and bribe proof FIBA refs for the finals, mights as well just give Adelaide the trophy now.

Report this post

Anon
Earlier this year
07:30 15 Jan 17

Reply #618654

Seriously Adelaide paid refs.. You idiot.. If you can't see the brilliance in what is happening at Adelaide like the rest of the country is conceding and admiring then poor you. Yes reffing is inconsistent and annoying but what season and competition is it not annoying. Yes NBA seems better but their rules are different. Defensive 3 seconds is a big one and alllows more spectacle but less D so easier to ref in open space.

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Dione 12

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Liam Flynn - basketball coaching and consulting

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:16 pm, Thu 25 May 2017 | Posts: 655,271 | Last 7 days: 693