Aussie
Years ago

Perth Wildcats with 10,093 Members!

Not all are full memberships but impressive nonetheless.

Announced on their Facebook page

Topic #40689 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every single one of them has been blocked by the Sixers' twitter account!

Reply #619412 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

LMFAO^

Reply #619413 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

So impressive it deserves at least another 3 threads.

Reply #619430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"When should the 10,093 Perth Wildcats members be worried now that they aren't the team to beat?"

Reply #619431 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

and the Perth haters come crawling out from under their rocks.

The NBL will only succeed when fans love their own teams more than they hate Perth.

Reply #619441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz, both those anon comments were from me and I'm a Perth fan. I was taking the piss out of the morons who run (or used to run) the Sixers account, and the twits who start a new thread here for every thought they have.

Reply #619443 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It hating Perth gets people along to games then that's fine too IMO. Hopefully Perth will prove to be a gateway rival, and people who quickly take to hating Perth will over time grow to need more hate in their lives, and start hating a lot of other teams as well, to the point where buying a membership becomes a necessity for them.
Doing it in person is by far the best way to hate another team. It's just not the same on tv when no one can hear your heckles and boos.

Reply #619464 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Oh, and awesome achievement getting to 10k btw. Seriously impressive.

(A lot of those will of course be those many mini membership packages, supporter memberships, pet memberships, etc. so hopefully the next goal is getting 10k full-season ticketed members.)

Reply #619465 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Luuuc this is why a Goorj return is necessary.

Get Heal back player coaching and Kerle doing something it'll sellout arenas like no other

Reply #619468 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Speaking of which Goorj is a good chance of becoming China's new coach

Reply #619478 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Anyone know what the actual total capacity of the Arena is, in basketball mode?
Last game was a sell-out, and a record crowd, but still some empty seats, so in theory we can do better.

At this point in the season, all new memberships are by definition "Mini" (excluding random non-seated like Pet, Tertiary, etc, etc.)
So yeah, the challenge will be to convert those pre-season to full-season memberships.
IIRC prior to the season they were at 9,300 total.

Reply #619481 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

The empty seats were most likely Scorchers members who went to the WACA - I think they still count attendance of seated members who don't show up.

Reply #619496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Half season members are still good.

Reply #619747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they have paid and don't turn up you count them obviously.

Reply #619855 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The empty seats were most likely Scorchers members who went to the WACA - I think they still count attendance of seated members who don't show up.
They do, but there were a lot of empty seats with "I'm Available" (for membership) cards on them.

Reply #619940 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:10 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754