Dazz
Years ago

Bless his Cotton Sox

Not really sure what his nickname is. At one point Trev referred to him as "Soxxy", announcer called him "100%", apparently at one point he was refrred to as "Cotton Candy" (Fairy Floss) but he didn't like that, and at others as "Ice Cotton."

Whatever, it was a great game by him last night. Considering the Cats were "lucky" (cough) to win, he was a huge part of that. Game-High 27 points, @43%, and 5 assists. Really good to see.

Still too early to claim he's in the Randle category, but definitely worth the change-up. In all the games since he started, the Cats just look so much better balanced with him out there.

Hire is now able to play his "3&D" role, instead of subbing as an SG. Being able to sub in Hire & co, to provide that high-intensity D, was a big part of the win last night.

Topic #40707 | Report this topic

XY  
Years ago

Dazz, you need to stop creating threads.

Reply #620203 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Hire is a flog.

Reply #620207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Roflcopter is a flog

Reply #620209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol @ calling a 28% 3 point shooter a 3&D role.
his role is brick & grab.

Reply #620210 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

I am not sure I like Wagstaff shooting his balls off. I would prefer he drives a lot more to the board.

Reply #620214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watching the highlights of the game last night, cotton was huge. Will be interesting seeing he and Dillard going toe to toe

Reply #620215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Request. Following the cats breakers game can we get an official:

"Dazz post game thoughts" thread.

It can be a brain dump for all the dazzamaiacs that'll be running wild brother.

Reply #620216 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Let him go. Free to create threads and easy to ignore when they're clearly titled. When it goes too far, then fine. But this is pretty mild.

Reply #620223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are not forums here for discussions? Dont read them if you dont care. The rest of the leagues fans barely contribute anything other than flaming the cats - so good on you Dazz.

Reply #620234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes as a reader I've always liked dazz contribution, you can take it or leave it. While I at times think the wild cat supporters are a bunch of toe rags they and their club have earned the right by being exceptionally good for a long period of time.

Reply #620236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't see what the issue is. This is a Cotton (and how he has influenced the team) thread, not a thread specifically about the game. Obviously, with only a handful of games played the game vs Cairns is a huge chunk of the sample size, but it's still not necessarily the same topic.

As for nicknames, I'm not too sure. 100 per cent sounds too cheesy.

Reply #620239 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"100 per cent sounds too cheesy."

It sounds almost sarcastic considering his 3P% is 26% atm.

Reply #620243 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

I was surprised Perth recruited another small guard with Damo coming back.

Reply #620250 | Report this post

Green 53  
Years ago

Besides the first game his shooting percentages haven't been great he definitely is a game changer for us. Makes defences come to him and getting players open looks, if only they could knock them down. Here's to hoping we retain him for next season.

Reply #620253 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Exactly. I'd be happy if other teams' fans were creating a few extra discussions.

Reply #620279 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

Cotton is a team player so far. He bides his time and only starts his aggressiveness when the team is down.

Reply #620293 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

'I was surprised Perth recruited another small guard with Damo coming back.'

Where do I even start with this comment

Reply #620308 | Report this post

DK  
Years ago

I don't get it? The thread is specifically about Bryce Cotton, it is clearly started by "Dazz". If you don't want to discuss Cotton or don't want to read a "Dazz" thread, then don't open it.
If nobody replies then the thread dies and falls off the bottom of the page. Taking to the time to make a post complaining about Dazz is not just a pointless waste of time its self defeating.

Reply #620340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Problem with other people starting discussions is inevitably the cats die hard twist it into a cats thread.

Reply #620422 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Flog is a flog.

I like Dazz too

Reply #620478 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Problem with other people starting discussions is inevitably the cats die hard twist it into a cats thread.
Yet in this case there were people coming into what is clearly a Wildcats thread and griping about it.

Reply #620614 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

There is as much chance of me playing in the NBL next season as Cotton... clearly too good for this place
Why?
He's here now, what will change?
Why do people assume these guys were all shite before, but have now suddenly come good and will leave?
He could be like Prather. Everyone assumes he'll leave for the NBA, but then he's just not good enough.

I don't watch the NBA, I vaguely follow bits of news, but I haven't watched a game in ages.
So for those who do, is Cotton good enough to get a gig?

He was reputedly offered a 10-day contract, so that's a positive sign for him, and I hope he gets a chance either via a 10-day contract in junk time, or at least gets a good outing in the summer leagues.
But is he better than Randle?

Our season is short, gives you downtime and the opportunity to pick up games elsewhere. It seems to work for some.
He won't be cheap, but the Cats aren't short a bob. I doubt they'd pay stupendously, but do they need to? Unlike guys like Randle and Wilson I don't think he's got a European passport, so there are less openings for him.

Reply #626165 | Report this post

Heather  
Years ago

Given the season Isaiah Thomas is having with Boston, small guards like Cotton and Randle could get a good look at next NBA season. Randle looks to have a very similar build to Thomas.

Reply #626168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you just quoted someone from an entirely different thread to resurrect an old topic of yours..

Reply #626169 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

He was reputedly offered a 10-day contract
Words have meanings.

He's here now, what will change?
It'll be the NBA off-season?

He could be like Prather. Everyone assumes he'll leave for the NBA, but then he's just not good enough.
I don't think anyone thought Prather was a sure thing last year, and he only barely missed a spot IIRC.

Cotton has already played in the NBA.

Unlike guys like Randle and Wilson I don't think he's got a European passport, so there are less openings for him.
He definitely doesn't have an Australian passport.

Reply #626170 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Ah Koberstalker, always good for a laugh

Reply #626175 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

So you just quoted someone from an entirely different thread to resurrect an old topic of yours.
And you just posted so that what?
You can boast to your friends on Grinder?

Reply #626253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's wrong with Grinder? Oh you are a homophobe. Add that to your "repertoire"

Reply #626261 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:49 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754