JeBron Lames
Years ago

36ers Semi finals matchup

Who do you think is the ideal matchup for Adelaide to play in the semis? Personally I think we avoid United at all costs they are the most unpredictable team and the best matchup would be against Sydney.

Topic #40719 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

My predictor says the table will end up:

Adelaide 20/8
Perth 16/12
Illawarra 15/13
Breakers 14/14
Melbourne 13/15

The VERY final game of the season is Melbourne-Perth and this will decide the final positions. Melbourne also have an away game in Auckland which I'm tipping they drop so I think Perth might just steal that game and drop Melbourne out of finals.

SF: Adelaide v Breakers & Perth v Illawarra

Reply #620610 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

It will be interesting if we end up in a situation where Adelaide could create a matchup with Cairns in that final round.

Reply #620611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone but the breakers. Anyone.

Reply #620612 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Yep NZ are playing some very good basketball now with Dillard in the team and although very happy with the Sixers surprise season it would still be very disappointing if we failed to at least make it to the GF.

Reply #620618 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Adelaide off and gone.

Breakers (12/12) have got Cairns (H), Sydney (A), Adelaide (A) and Melbourne (H). We need at least 2 games to be in with a chance. Probably the first two look the best chance but we can't chalk up any result until it happens.
Going to be fascinating.
Assuming (probably a mistake) that Brisbane Cairns Sydney are not going to make the playoffs. They could have a big say in who doesn't though.

Perth (11/12)have Melbourne (H) Brisbane (H) Cairns (A) Sydney(H) Melbourne (A),
Illawara(12/12) have Adelaide (H), Cairns (H), Melbourne (A) and Brisbane (H).
Melbourne (11/12) have Perth (A) Sydney (A) Illawara (H) Breakers (A) and Perth (H).
Melbourne Perth games huge.
What happens in the event of a 3 way tie for 3/4/5 slots?

Reply #620625 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Tom, it goes to a mini-table in which the results of all teams except those tied are excluded.

Reply #620627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Perth beat Melbourne on sat that gives them the split and that may knock Melbourne out based on the rest of the games.

Reply #620819 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:30 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754