Dazz
Years ago

The "No Adelaide or Brissy" Table

Bear with me here.
If more than two teams finish on an equal number of wins, then it goes to a "mini-table" involving only those teams.
Now the chances of 6 teams finishing level are slim, but at the same time I'm not going to produce a dozen different tables. This gives you an idea of what happens if we exclude Adelaide (who will finish clear on top) and Brisbane (who I predict will finish clearly out of the finals)

Sydney: 10 wins - 7 Losses
Perth: 9 wins - 7 Losses
Cairns: 9 wins - 8 Losses
NZ: 8 wins - 9 Losses
MU: 7 wins - 8 Losses
Hawks: 7 wins -11 Losses

For a while there, Hawks were clear in 2nd place, but if they get pulled back into the pack, watch out.

Topic #40739 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

Dazz we must be on the same wave length, I was pondering posting the exact same thing!! There's some big matchups over the next few rounds and they are going to determine ladder positions in the event of a six way tie.

Reply #621018 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Scary thought.
And yeah, it could go right down to the wire, with 5 or 6 teams' placings hanging on the last MU v Perth game.

Reply #621029 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Interesting if you look at how it changes if one of those teams don't make it and it's a 5 team tie. For example - NZ drop out and all of a sudden Cairns are 5-8, Perth would be 8-4.

Reply #621065 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

What is key to making this so interesting, is that Perth lost the split to Adelaide 1:3, and Sydney lost 0:4. So if they finish tied with other teams, they're actually potentially a lot better off.

Reply #621138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney: 10 wins - 7 Losses
Perth: 10 wins - 7 Losses
NZ: 8 wins - 9 Losses
MU: 7 wins - 9 Losses

updated after the Perth/Melbourne game on Jan 28th.

Reply #621383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney: 11 wins - 7 Losses
Perth: 10 wins - 7 Losses
NZ: 8 wins - 10 Losses
MU: 7 wins - 9 Losses

updated after the Sydney/NZL game on Jan 29th.

Reply #621509 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Update for the end of Round 17:

Wins Losses
Sydney 11 7
Perth 10 7
Cairns 10 8
MU 7 9
NZ 8 11
Hawks 7 11

Reply #621527 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Updated for the end of round 18:

OK, I'm going to present a couple of tables here:

First, no Adelaide, Brissy, or Hawks. (I can't see the Hawks losing to Brissy, so they will finish on 15 wins, and a guaranteed spot in the final.

Wins Loss
Cairns 8 8
Sydney 8 7
Perth 8 6
MU 7 7
NZ 6 9

Note this is for illustration only. These don't include any round 19 results, and all these teams can NOT finish on equal wins

Next, no Cairns.
2 wins they're guaranteed a spot, 2 losses they miss out, 1 win, they depend on the mini-table.
Wins Loss
Perth 6 4
NZ 6 5
Sydney 5 6
MU 4 6

No Sydney.
At this point they are the most likely to not make it.
Wins Loss
Cairns 7 5
Perth 6 5
NZ 5 6
MU 4 6

Reply #623095 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Thanks for the update Dazz. I've tried to work out the different possibilities depending on the results of Rd 19 but then my head exploded.

Reply #623097 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754