Luuuc
Years ago

WNBA 2017 Season

With the signing period already underway this thread is overdue.

In a nutshell so far:

* Tamika Catchings, Penny Taylor, Swin Cash & Delisha Milton-Jones have retired
* As has Jayne Appel-Marinelli, but it just didn't quite seem right to put her name in the same sentence as those 4 champions

* Angel McCoughtry is taking the season off. Good luck Atlanta, you'll need it!

* Plenette Pierson has signed with Minnesota as a free agent

* 3-team trade with Kia Vaughn & Bria Hartley going to NY, Carolyn Swords going to Seattle, Seattle's #6 draft pick going to Washington

* Phoenix traded pick #5 + Isabelle Harrison to San Antonio in exchange for Danielle Robinson
(Phoenix will also be without Mistie Bass this season due to pregnancy, so suddenly their front court stocks look a bit low. I wonder if Cayla George will have another crack)

* Connecticut traded Aneika Henry-Morello to Atlanta in exchange for Reshanda Gray. (meh)

* The big Elena Delle Donne trade to Washington hasn't been officially announced, but shouldn't be far away. I hope they're not waiting for a quiet news day in Washington DC to do it! ;)

* Some rumblings about a significant trade involving Phoenix - presumably Candice Dupree. That could be awkward.

--

Draft date is not yet set but should be mid-April

Season tips off on May 13th

Topic #40778 | Report this topic

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Does anyone know the status of the Aussies in the league, considering so many of them took the 2016 season off to focus on Rio.

From what I've gathered it seems Jarry is heading back to Minnesota (hopefully she can get those knees right after having to come home prematurely from France), Bec Allen is staying with the Liberty, O'Hea / Bishop will stay in Seattle, Leilani will also stay with the Mystics and I'd assume that Phillips would stay in Dallas. Tolo is supposedly taking the season off to focus on playing in Europe.

Which Aussies do you think will be able to step up and make a roster this season?

Reply #622114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phillips afl.

Only 2-3 players look like WNBA material
Allen, O'hea and Mitchell.
Talbot maybe?

Reply #622116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've heard Carley Mojivc has had offers in the WNBA

Reply #622119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The AFL season is only 7 weeks long so Phillips will be back in Dallas with the Wings.

Talbot may finally have a crack with Phoenix? She was drafted by them 2-3 seasons ago.

Mitchell will get a gig somewhere and Allen would be a certainty for New York

Reply #622120 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah it will be interesting to see whether Talbot & Mijovic finally head over for a try, and how they go.
Probably not the ideal timing for Carley given the Mystics now have 2 stars who are both 4's in Delle Donne and Meesseman.

(the Delle Donne trade is now official, with Chicago receiving Stefanie Dolson, Kahleah Copper & the #2 draft pick in return.)

Reply #622123 | Report this post

Years ago

will Liz ever head back ?

Will Whitcomb get a camp invite ?

Reply #622131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whitcomb has signed in the WA SBL already. Stupid decision but she's probably comfortable here with her partner

Reply #622132 | Report this post

new yoga pants  
Years ago

can see Allen moving further forward into Opals program with a good Lib season

Reply #622133 | Report this post

new yoga pants  
Years ago

will Coates be no. 1 pick ?

Reply #622135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Bishop's contract has finished.

Reply #622137 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Would Sami not have a WNBA out clause in her SBL contract? In an interview earlier this season she mentioned still having WNBA aspirations. I hope she gives it a go because she is capable.

Speaking of Huskies, Kelsey Plum seems to be the popular prediction for #1 pick at the moment.

Reply #622140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Abbey Bishop will be playing SEABL in Australia this season!

Reply #622141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are these the only Aussie girls that are WNBA calibre?
Mitchell
Whitcomb
Allen
O'hea
Jarry
Talbot
Mijovic
Tolo
Cambage

Maybe...
Seekamp?
Blicavs?

Pretty much the new opals squad..

Reply #622142 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

On Whitcomb, I doubt her WA SBL contract would stop her from heading to the WNBA should the opportunity arise - Tess Madgen a few years back was signed with the Sabres in the SEABL but got out of the contract when she got the chance with the Mercury. I think it's just the safe option for them to take what's being offered when it's being offered, especially when it's so cut throat to make the WNBA rosters.

I'd like to see Blicavs try out in the WNBA, I saw an interview a few weeks ago and she said she was currently signed with Geelong SEABL but alluded to not ruling out other opportunities overseas should they arise. I really think only she, Mijovic and Whitcomb are the only Aussies in the WNBL currently who would have a chance at making a roster for the first time this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Seekamp and Talbot also got their first gigs either this season or the next, and ditto with Madgen getting another shot at it (although I'm probably biased because I support the Boomers!)

On Cambage, I hope she does go back over to the states this season, though I'm not holding my breath on it coming to fruition.

Reply #622144 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I have always thought that Steph Cumming could work in the WNBA (and the Opals for that matter). She's got good size/strength, she's as tough as they come, quality defender, and if you leave her alone she'll stick the jumper out to the 3 point line. Like anyone trying to break in, it's largely about finding the right fit with a team's style and needs.

Reply #622146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think it would be her SBL contract either that stops her. I think she has signed in the SBL as her desire to leave WA for the WNBA has passed with everything else in her life being here.

Reply #622149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cumming has been underrated for sure. But there are so many good guards in the WNBA, won't get a chance imo. She's how old now? 25-26?
Ebzery in the Same position.

Reply #622154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did whitcomb get married or something?
Has she expreseed desire to play for opals?

Reply #622155 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Definitely agree on Cumming, though I heard she's taking this SEABL season off and she's getting married in her time off, but I guess things could change if she got given a WNBA opportunity. I reckon she'd be a handy find for most teams.

Reply #622156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

opals future pg looks pretty grim if you take out Mitchell who is 31-32y.o

Reply #622159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Left up to...
Lavey
Mansfield
Clydesdale
Wehrung
Wallace

Will be very interesting to see who will stand out over next couple of years.

Reply #622161 | Report this post

new yoga pants  
Years ago

I am sold on Blicavs being worth a camp invite - she has size and skill to play WNBA

Reply #622169 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"Has [Whitcomb] expreseed desire to play for opals?"

Yes this season she has expressed desire to play both Opals and WNBA basketball - naming both of those things as goals for her immediate future.
(~37 minute mark of this podcast: http://98five.com/player/Podcast/index.php?name=SBL2501161101.mp3

Reply #622175 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Are these the only Aussie girls that are WNBA calibre?
Mitchell
Whitcomb
Allen
O'hea
Jarry
Talbot
Mijovic
Tolo
Cambage

Maybe...
Seekamp?
Blicavs?

Pretty much the new opals squad..

I would think Seekamp would have to establish herself at WNBL level before that step happened. Apart from her being from leftfield IMO the rest I have no argument with.

Reply #622208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Polish league not up there with wnbl?

Reply #622210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It isn't Euro league so no not really

Reply #622504 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Kristi Tolliver leaves the champs and heads back to her old stomping grounds to join the Mystics.
They're a team on the rise and should be fun to watch too (also easy to score against unless Mike Thibault can work some magic with some notoriously average defenders)

Given they have a very small PG in Ivory Latta and now a very small SG in Tolliver, I think it's safe to say that if Leilani Mitchell plays in the WNBA this year it won't be back in DC.

Reply #623195 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Cayla George has signed back on with Phoenix

Reply #623368 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I guess I should mention that Bec Allen signing back with NY is official too, not that that one was ever in doubt.

Reply #623369 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Good to see Cayla getting her spot back at Phoenix, same with Bec although I agree that one was never really in any doubt. Hopefully in the coming days/weeks some more Aussie signings keep rolling on through!

Reply #623384 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Steph Talbot to Phoenix

Sami Whitcomb to Seattle

:D

Reply #623510 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Former Rockingham Flames (WA SBL) import Emma Cannon - the woman largely responsible for Sami Whitcomb ending up in Perth - signs with Phoenix.

Asia Taylor signs with Washington

Reply #623512 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Leilani Mitchell becomes the 3rd aussie to sign with the Phoenix Mercury for this season.

Reply #625385 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Reply #625414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jarry Minnesota
Whitcomb Seattle
Allen New York
Francis Phoenix
Talbot Phoenix
Mitchell Phoenix

Ohea?
Bishop?
Tolo?
Cambage?

Reply #625425 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Tolo has already said she won't be playing WNBA this season. She's taking some time off to prepare for another season in Europe.

Cambage has some important Groovin The Moo commitments that will prevent her from playing with the Wings this season.

I remain hopeful that O'Hea will return to Seattle, but I haven't heard any news about her for ages. I think she fits in well there backing up Clark at the 3 spot

Bishop: ? Is there a spot for her on the roster anymore?

Also don't forget Erin Phillips. She's still scheduled to return to Dallas this season.

Reply #625428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Liz any good on the tables? Anyone seen her?

Reply #625431 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Oops, I got the team wrong for Rachel Jarry.

(The radio guys said Minnesota and she didn't argue so I just assumed. My bad)

Reply #625437 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

That Jarry interview was great, a bit off topic, but the things she was saying about Rio were quite interesting to say the least. I'm glad to hear that she's heading back over to the States though, and I hope she can get her knees right very soon.

I wonder how many more Aussies will sign on in Phoenix - yet again they're building quite an Aussie oriented list which is great to see.

I'm a bit curious about Liz, it seems a bit odd that she's not playing any basketball and it doesn't seem like she will be participating in the WNBA season either.. Then again I feel like she doesn't want to do what everyone else is so her choosing not to play doesn't really surprise me.

Reply #625467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jarry renounced by Minnesota.

Reply #626368 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Jarry has signed a training camp contract with Atlanta Dream - the team she was originally drafted before being traded to the Lynx.

Reply #628297 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Phoenix Mercury Name Penny Taylor Director of Player Development and Performance

"As we have always tried to make clear, our organization owes a great deal to Penny Taylor and our hope was that her post-playing career would keep her here, as well," said Mercury General Manager Jim Pitman. “After playing her final season in 2016, it was important that she took time to consider the next stage of her career, and we couldn't be happier that she has decided to join our basketball staff in this newly-created player development role. Who better to learn from than a WNBA Champion, an Olympian, a World Champion, an All-Star, and one of the best people you’ll ever meet? We will always have a place in our organization for Penny.”

Reply #630658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kelsey Griffin is staying in Australia again to start on a coaching path it seems, by choice I'd say since she passed on WNBA offers last year and doesn't particularly like the 'scene'.

Reply #630668 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Reply #630871 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Tully Bevilaqua Named to Indiana Fever Coaching Staff

INDIANAPOLIS - After six record-setting seasons as an Indiana Fever point guard and recent coverage of the club as a local TV analyst, Tully Bevilaqua has been named as player development coach for the Fever, announced by President and General Manager Kelly Krauskopf.
Bevilaqua, who has maintained residence in Indianapolis since her playing days, will join Pokey Chatman's staff alongside assistant coaches Steven Key and Jessica Miller.

Link

Reply #633060 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Congrats to Tahlia Tupaea! Selected at #36 overall (lucky last) in today's WNBA Draft by the Minnesota Lynx.

WNBA Draft Board

Reply #633519 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It's only the first preseason game I know, and many of the main players are yet to even arrive at their teams' training camps, but still a great start for Sami Whitcomb - equal top scorer in Seattle's first hitout with 15 points @ 50%, 4 boards, 3 assists & 4 steals. Verry happy for her :D and think that her place on the final roster is all but secure after that.

O'Hea, Talbot & Mitchell also played. George DNP.

Boxscore

Reply #634833 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

Luuc any suggestions of cuts suitable fits for WNBL teams ?

Reply #634834 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Not really. I barely follow the NCAAW other than the Final 4 and most of the cuts at this stage are draft picks who I know little-to-nothing about. But the WNBL is aiming higher now than just ex-WNBA players anyway.
I think the ideal targets are players who are young and who are low in the rotations of their WNBA teams, who still have improvement left in them and would be wanting the type of decent playing time that the bigger European clubs could not give them, while also playing in a league that's a higher level than the lower European leagues, in a bid to consolidate their WNBA chances. That's the type of situation that players like Kelsey Griffin and Asia Taylor have benefitted from, and so have their WNBL teams.
But I'm pretty clueless about most of the college graduates. Other than the aussies, it's only really a few that get WNBA draft lottery pick hype that I keep an eye on.

Reply #634838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.wnba.com/transactions/

About 5-6 of those waived would fit nice in wnbl

Reply #634841 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

purcell WNBL ?

Reply #634843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Purcell
Buldgak
Dornstauder

Reply #634844 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Some more preseason bits
- Phoenix hosted Seattle today and Talbot (16p @ 100%), George (16p & 6r) & Whitcomb (12p) all did good things
- After having little impact in her first 2 games, Mikaela Ruef had 18p & 7r yesterday for LA

On the not-so-good side
- Bec Allen got the start today for NY but fouled out in 11 minutes with 0p 1r
- Rachel Jarry has been waived by Atlanta :(

Reply #635181 | Report this post

Hespect  
Years ago

No shame in being cut by a wnba team. Its a tough league with good players out of the draft every year.

Very difficult league to crack, especially if you don't have a guaranteed contract or solid history of minutes and production with other teams.

Reply #635437 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Feeling for Jarry. Hopefully she can come back home and perhaps play some SEABL then smash out a great WNBL season so she can get invited back next year. Though on the bright side it means she should be available for the Opals WCQ side.

Reply #635447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a chance in hell of making World Cup squad. The qualifiers maybe.

Reply #635449 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Dallas Wings waive Erin Phillips

:O

I did not see that one coming!
This can't help their chances of Liz Cambage joining them either.

Reply #635576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wnbl Adelaide?

Reply #635577 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm sure that there would be other teams interested in Erin's services this year. I think now it will be a matter of how much they're willing to pay, and whether Erin would be willing to relocate for the season.

Reply #635578 | Report this post

Hespect  
Years ago

Strange move given she is on a guaranteed max contract.

Reply #635579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teams don't like her AFLW silliness, risking her body.

Reply #635582 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

At 31 the trend for younger players has pushed her out basically, doubt lightening will pick her up, but you never know they are cashed up right now so you may find they will try to lock her in, would certainly be a big scoop for the lightening and Lucas, an instant draw card to bring in the crowds, though Clydesdale who's changed clubs would likely end up back on the bench.

Reply #635590 | Report this post

swollboi  
Years ago

Phillips being cut is a f***ing outrage man smh. I can't believe it. Who these f***in Dallas clowns think they are?

Phillips was on fire at the Olympics, better than so many players in that league AND the captain of Dallas. How very dare they? I for one hope they fail because of this.

Reply #635613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Settle down, she obviously didn't make the cut for a reason.
The WNBA guard scene has changed this season. A lot of speedy guards.

Reply #635614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but how will the team ever replace her 4.7 points and 1.2 assists per game????

Reply #635616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Phillips being cut is a f***ing outrage man smh. I can't believe it. Who these f***in Dallas clowns think they are?"

She chose to play AFLW. You reap what you sow.

Reply #635621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"but how will the team ever replace her 4.7 points and 1.2 assists per game????"

hahahahaha looooooooooooooool

Reply #635622 | Report this post

Hespect  
Years ago

swollboi Dallas were predicted to be one of the worst teams in the league this year. Nothing has changed there.

Think of it like Hawthorn moving on from Sam Mitchell or Jordan Lewis. If they aren't going to be good for a while they might as well develop their younger players that will be under contract for a while.

Also its just sport no need for the outrage...

Reply #635637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://storm.wnba.com/news/seattle-storm-announces-roster-wnba-tipoff-presented-verizon/

Reply #635660 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Seattle Storm have waived Jenna O'Hea
Not entirely surprising, but still :(

Reply #635661 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

... but on the plus side - that means Sami Whitcomb made the team :D

Reply #635664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did she get citizenship yet?

Reply #635668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does that mean whitcomb made the team?

Reply #635670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whitcomb has t taken out citizenship yet

Reply #635672 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Why does that mean whitcomb made the team?

Things can still change as teams make their cuts and maybe other teams show interest in acquiring some of those cut players, but as of now Seattle have their final 12 and Sami is one of them. (And looking at their roster, their needs, and who else is out there on the market, I'd be very surprised if they cut her now)

Reply #635675 | Report this post

Stewie  
Years ago

Final rosters in

Reply #635757 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

First WNBA to be live streamed on Twitter is in progress atm. 2nd half just underway

Dallas Wings @ Phoenix Mercury

Reply #635863 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Hmmm... sorry, that link failed

https://twitter.com/i/live/858018226579529728

Reply #635864 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Terrible game for Phoenix. Taurasi 1/11. Griner 2 boards in 32 minutes.

Steph Talbot got the start though. And foul trouble. But ended up with 2 points & 5 boards in 15 min. George 2 & 5 in 11 min off the bench. Those two accounted for 10 of Phoenix's 17 total rebounds for the game. Yikes.

Reply #635870 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Mercury star Diana Taurasi marries former Mercury player Penny Taylor

Phoenix Mercury star Diana Taurasi married former Mercury player Penny Taylor, now the team's director of player development, on Saturday.
The ceremony was held a day before the Mercury began their 21st season Sunday.
"Just an amazing day, one of the happiest days we've ever had," Taurasi said after the Mercury's 68-58 loss to Dallas.

Probably explains Taurasi's 1/11 shooting today ;)

Reply #635886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

:|

Reply #635897 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Erin Phillips Joins Dallas Wings as Director of Player & Franchise Development

http://wings.wnba.com/news/erin-phillips-joins-dallas-wings-director-player-franchise-development/

Reply #636494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taurasi shooting a blistering 20% from the floor on the year

and was just suspended for the next game against New York Liberty (Bec Allen's team) for an unprovoked hit to an opponent's head.

So much for marital bliss having a positive impact on her attitude.

Reply #636496 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Sami Whitcomb show today :D

(for anyone who wants to see it, start from the 3rd quarter at 2:30. it's worth it)

Reply #636821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brondellos close ties with Mitchell may not be good for Whitcombs opals chances.

Reply #636822 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I've always been cautious about Sami's Opals chances because I still think our greatest need is at PG, and the gap from Leilani to the next best is pretty big.
It really would be bloody handy if we could look into getting Leilani classed as 100% Australian.

Reply #636823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

See what the pg situation looks like in 3 years. Mitchell will be 33-34y.o I believe.

Reply #636824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually mitchell willbe 35 before Tokyo comes around.
I'd say the point guard spot will fall to a few of those current under 25 players.

Reply #636825 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Finding this thread is tricky!

How good are the Lynx! Still unbeaten. Life in the old cats yet. Not playing in Europe definitely paying off for their main stars.

Reply #637034 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Seriously quality group. (They should still be kicking themselves for losing last season's finals though)
They haven't even played particularly well, yet they're 6-0 and already have a 1.5 game lead at the top. Fowles the early MPV favourite. Look out once Maya gets going.
I agree that taking their winter off will pay dividends. They'll start off rusty, but the older legs should have more life in them at the business end of the season.
Is any other team going to get close to them this season?
LA aren't the same team with Toliver gone.
Hopefully Seattle can stay healthy and make a push. 4-1 and Stewart is yet to really get going.

Reply #637037 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Podcast: Dallas Wings executive, Australian basketball great Erin Phillips

The two discuss Phillips' transition, memories of her WNBA championships, and what she’s hoping to accomplish in a career that’s already encompassed so much success. Plus: how she’ll handle it if her twins decide to play internationally, one for America, one for Australia.

Link

Reply #637063 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

@Luuuc

A championship lost because of a blown call.

Whalen is probably the biggest weakness. She was slowing down a lot last time, could easily be exploited. But other teams have so many other players to concentrate on too. So stacked.

Thanks for the podcast link. On the topic, who does the best podcast for the local women?

Reply #637113 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Depends how local you mean.
For Wildcats & Lynx focus there is NBL Nation
For the WNBL there is Basket Case
For Aussie basketball in general The Pick and Pop is short & sweet. (The other 2 are quite long, and mostly done just during the NBL/WNBL season)

Reply #637123 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Thanks!

Reply #637158 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

9-0 with Moore playing like a second-stringer. Lynx on fire.

I know they started like this last year, but it feels different this time...maybe because the results have been so decisive and no one is really challenging them this time like the Sparks the season before?

Reply #637776 | Report this post

Lynx2Lynx  
Years ago

Yeah

Reply #637781 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Worrying form from Phoenix currently. Poised to clinch a spot in the finals but slumping instead - allowing Seattle and Dallas a chance to overhaul them? Aussie contingent not performing well at all.

Reply #644320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talbot has had a pretty good rookie season. 2 games ago vs Mystics, 20 mins, 12 points, 3 boards and 4 assists with a +16 (+/-)

George has had a below average year, Mitchell has still been a solid contributor.

Reply #644331 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Playoffs tip off in a few minutes. All of the aussies & part-aussies are involved

Minnesota Lynx 27-7
Los Angeles Sparks 26-8
New York Liberty 22-12 (Allen)
Connecticut Sun 21-13
Phoenix Mercury 18-16 (Mitchell, Talbot, George)
Washington Mystics 18-16
Dallas Wings 16-18
Seattle Storm 15-19 (Whitcomb)
-------------
Chicago Sky 12-22
Atlanta Dream 12-22
Indiana Fever 9-25
San Antonio Stars 8-26

Reply #646064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hard to pick anyone else but Lynx and sparks.

Reply #646065 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah, I agree. They're not the clear standouts they were last season, but LA are playing well, Minnesota haven't been but they're healthy again at the right time, and the Sun looked really dangerous but have been down on form just lately.
NY finished the season on a 10 game winning streak, yet I'm still not convinced they're beating a top 2 team in a series.

Hoping for a surprise, but the chances seem low.

Reply #646066 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Amazing start to the WNBA finals this morning.
LA raced out to a 28-2 lead, playing some ridiculously good basketball against one of the greatest teams ever, ... fast forward and it was bucket for bucket down the stretch and some clutch play that got it done in the end. Really good game. ESPN are replaying it later this afternoon/evening.

Before the series I was thinking that age was going to be a problem for Minnesota in this fairly compact series, but in typical Agler style he is just not using his bench at all, so the Lynx might actually be the ones in better shape by the end.

Reply #647504 | Report this post

Anono  
Years ago

Finals have been legit so far

Reply #647736 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:34 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754