missedop
Years ago

gorg to Melb united next season

anyone else heard this strong rumour. It been around for ages , but is getting stronger.

Topic #40785 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

accouncment on team website

Reply #622241 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Can't find it, have you got a link?

It would be strange timing to announce it now?
Why wouldn't they wait til season over?

Will Gorg's style go down well in the modern NBL? Or will he adapt?

Reply #622242 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

Jaron Johnson has been signed as the Utd. coach for next season. NBL will make a statement soon.

Reply #622243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

coaching monday night

Reply #622244 | Report this post

Roofman  
Years ago

He's in the running to be Chinese national team coach. I think wait until that appointment is made because of the prestige and money involved.

Reply #622246 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Yup Roofman got that right. Mike Kelly did mention on SEN radio that United isn't pursuing Goorjian at the moment. I'd discount those rumors for the time being.

Reply #622248 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

This rumour makes the rounds yearly. Mark it on the calender for next season.

Reply #622256 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

A couple of questions:
Gorg has an enormous ego, how is that going to fit in with LK & co running MU? I would think he'd be best suited to team where the owb=ners and management are very passive, and happy to let him run the show. Is that MU?

The NBL under LK & co is pushing for a faster, more entertaining style of play. Joey is leading the charge and other teams will need to adapt and catchup. Would Gorg's style still fit, or would he need to adapt.

I get the feeling he has outgrown the NBL.

Reply #622258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jezz Dazz. Just please stfu about things you dont know. If you knew Goorj personally your comments are totally offensive.
They talking about things you know about. Clearly that limits your choices.

Reply #622260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL no chance Brian Goorjian is leaving his plush position in China.

Reply #622282 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"The NBL under LK & co is pushing for a faster, more entertaining style of play. Joey is leading the charge and other teams will need to adapt and catchup. Would Gorg's style still fit, or would he need to adapt."

Goorj's style has been fast-paced for many years now, I'm not sure what style of game you think he plays Dazz?

Joey Wright and Rob Beveridge coach very similar styles to what they did when Goorj was in the NBL, so I'm sure he'll slot back in fine.

Reply #622323 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I don't watch Chinese BBL so I wouldn't have a clue, how he coaches now.
From what I recall of Gorg's style (as a coach) is was very aggressive and messy at both ends.
Look, he's a highly successful coach, and if he wanted to come back to the NBL (which I would find surprising) I'm sure he'll do a great job. I just wonder if he'd be the kind that LK would chase for his pet team?

Reply #622325 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I'm talking about how he coached when he was last in the NBL. You have to go a fair way back to when he was a slow it down, grind-it-out coach.

For many years now his teams have pushed the ball quickly and played an open style of offence. His teams are aggressive defensively, which once upon a time stood out in the NBL but is just the norm now.

Reply #622329 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Gorg isn't a flog?

Reply #622339 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:52 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754