Previous meetings this Season

R14 Breakers 95 to 36ers 113
R10 36ers 102 to Breakers 92
R4 Breakers 119 to 36ers 93

36ers lead the series 2-1 with a 2 point differential

Topic #40787 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Strange situation for a Sixers fan to be in losing interest in the last handful of games due to being so good during the season.

Reply #622370 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Carfino just said the flies in Adelaide are on crack.

Reply #622394 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Good start for us. Still in the game after 1. Sixers look lethargic The longer the stay asleep the further we can take this.

Reply #622395 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Joey you're a moron.

Reply #622398 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

This helps. Joey gone. Bit rough, because he was right.

Reply #622399 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Bye Joey.

Reply #622400 | Report this post

NBL Comm  
Years ago

What was Joey arguing about?

Reply #622401 | Report this post

RedArmy  
Years ago

It was the right decision to eject Joey. You can't walk on to the court like that after getting T'd.

Reply #622402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is such a queen. Hopefully he gets his own head right come finals time. No need for these classless outburts.

Reply #622404 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Yeahhhhhh we're not winning this.

Reply #622405 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Creek is mad. Just swore on live TV lol

Reply #622409 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

This helps. Joey gone. Bit rough, because he was right.
No he wasn't. He got ejected arguing over a call that was clearly correct.

Reply #622411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess Joey wanted some time off given the Sixers are already locked in

Reply #622412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The owner seemed a little arrogant but I guess you gotta have some of that to do those roles

Reply #622413 | Report this post

WTF !!  
Years ago

CEO's are not owners

Reply #622414 | Report this post

WTF !!  
Years ago

neither are GM's

Reply #622416 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Lol NZ imploding

Reply #622421 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Who is the bigger Douche? Joey or Carfino?

At least Joey thought the call was wrong, Carfino had the benefit of the replay, which clearly shows the attempted tip-back hitting the rim before the clock expired, and he still keeps banging on that the call was incorrect.

Reply #622422 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Who is Joey's assistant? He seems extremely competent.

Reply #622423 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Who is Joey's assistant?
Are you...are you serious?

Reply #622424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lololol give him a break he has only been following the nbl for a few months

Reply #622425 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

KB might end up with a better coaching record at NBL level than ABA level....

Reply #622426 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Take it easy Koberdick, why would I know or care who the assistant coach of Adelaide is?

Reply #622427 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Koberdick?

:/

Reply #622428 | Report this post

WTF !!  
Years ago

" why would I know or care who the assistant coach of Adelaide is?"

Ahhh Ignorance is such a precious commodity, you have to be truly dedicated to stupidity, to maintain it at a high level.

Reply #622429 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

If you don't care - why ask ???

Reply #622430 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

This this answers the will sixers take it easy for the rest of season, randle is gonna play 35 minutes

Reply #622431 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Brooks waits until 2 mins left to bring Creek back and then DJ shoots a brick 3.

No wonder it's 1 point the margin.

Reply #622432 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dazz, the Adelaide assistant is Kevin Brooks. Played NBA, played for Adelaide and for Sydney. Very good player. Great guy too.

Reply #622434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Joey's assistant?

10 minutes later
why would I know or care who the assistant coach of Adelaide is?

please tell me dazz is a parody account; it is gold

Reply #622435 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Wow.

NZ take the lead.

We are blowing this win in the 4th but NZ's fight is great.

Reply #622436 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Oh dear Dillard

Reply #622437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

interesting looking scoring worm for this one. a game of big runs.

Reply #622438 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Why didn't we foul straight away?????????????????????

Reply #622439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did it take Adelaide about 7 seconds then before they fouled

Reply #622440 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

The season just got interestinger!

Reply #622441 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

No foul? Lol wtf is that shit

Reply #622442 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

If that's possible

Reply #622443 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Absolutely pathetic not to foul straight away.

Reply #622444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no foul? makes you wonder who their assistant coach is doesn't it

Reply #622445 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Brooks was terrible when Joey left. Made some awful decisions that cost us the win.

Reply #622446 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Why Adelaide fans booing. Is there gonna be outrage here after people whinged about Perth

Reply #622447 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Totally bizarre game, well done to NZ in getting the desperation win, very poor play from the Sixers down the stretch with number of brain fade plays. Hopefully they can learn from this going into the playoffs. The rest of the league would have to be very pissed off with he Sixers after that one, could have knocked off the dangerous breakers for good

Reply #622448 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Why do Adelaide fans care anyway

Top spot wrapped up

Reply #622453 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Because you can't go into finals on top spot in bad form.

It's not hard to work out.

Reply #622454 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Was there an explanation on TV why someone can catch the ball slip, travel and get the ball back because they slipped?

Sobey not coming out aggressive was bad.

Excellent coaching by the Sixers to start Teys after half time.

Terrible coaching by the Sixers to start the last quarter without DJ, Hodgson or Randle. That was amature coaching!

Reply #622468 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Gutsy win Breakers. Last chance saloon though. Loe, Pledge combo, and Penney big down the stretch.Dillard got a bit distracted by one on one with Randle.

Reply #622470 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

Brunson - invest in a dictionary!

Reply #622472 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

Brunson - invest in a dictionary!

Reply #622478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dumb basketball cost the 36ers.

Up by 3 Randle fouls Dillard when he is shooting. Dillard goes to the free throw line and makes all 3 free throws which ties the game up.

We inbound the ball and get it over halfway and than sober throws the ball back into the backcourt giving possession to NZL who end scoring two from that turnover giving them the lead.

Reply #622480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As an adelaide fan I couldn't care less about this result or the last. I actually had money on the breakers purely because the human element of the breakers needing it more comes into play. All the keyboard warriors need to calm the duck down.

Reply #622485 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

The last thing an one want heading into finals is a losing record in their last few games... could this be United 2.0??

Reply #622518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt it. uniteds demise was predictable. this 36er team is mentally tough and disciplined. no need to overreact about the urgency dropping off when everyone knows nothing is at stake. you can't manufacture desperation in a situation like this.

Reply #622520 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Dillard's obviously been watching lots of NBA as he knows how to draw that BS foul that you often see in the NBA where the shooter initiates all the contact by either sticking his leg out or thrusting his body into the defender, falls down like he's been hit really hard and then gets the call. I cannot stand it. Dillard tried to do it earlier in the game when he shot a three on the break with Randle challenging only slightly but the ref didn't fall for the call on that occasion.

No doubt that's what Jerome was jawing with Dillard about in the last few seconds of the game.

Reply #622521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's Randle. Nuff said.

Reply #622522 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Boti going pretty hard at the refs:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/joey-wright-ejected-as-adelaide-36ers-fall-to-new-zealand-breakers/news-story/f661d71ba165f26fcaee120ee8362a64

There's a link to another article called "Sixers Boss in Racial Furore" that I can't get to as I hit a paywall. However I've heard from a mate that has read the article that Joey said post game that the ref who ejected him (Brett Hogan) apparently called him a "back mf" five years ago when he was coaching in QLD and Hogan was suspended then. Joey suggesting that Hogan shouldn't be reffing his games following that incident. Interesting.

Reply #622536 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Adelaide Now delivering horrendous news!

Damn that article sucks.

Reply #622547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really sick and tired of Joey running to the media to complain about things which are utterly irrelevant or completely overblown. If Hogan did call him a racial slur and get suspended a long time ago, bringing it up six years later to try and excuse why he got ejected is pathetic.

Reply #622549 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Thing is, Joey was actually wrong. Ball did hit the rim.

Reply #622550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

""We very much intend to take it up with the NBL," 36ers chief executive Guy Hedderwick said"
So where has Hogan been in the last 6 years. Why is it a problem for Joey now?

Reply #622553 | Report this post

It's a problem now because he just got kicked out of a game. It's a pretty simple situation, if someone has a problem with you but they leave you alone you're not going to complain about it, but whether it be a week, a month, two years or 6 years later, if you feel that you've been treated unfairly by that same person it's an issue again.

I don't know what was said, i'm not actually saying Joey shouldn't have been double teched. I actually called it after the first tech that he'd get kicked out because he kept yapping. Joey claims in the media he was just asking it to be reviewed over and over again, but if you keep pushing you're gonna cop a T. But i'm not so naive as to wonder why he'd raise the issue given that there's a history, albeit one from 6 years ago.

Reply #622555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is an old saying "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!" I think the home team should tread very lightly in this space!!

Reply #622557 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/02/05/36ers-coach-wright-race-row-ref

no paywall

Reply #622560 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/7lzCqUEuT0x/NBL+Rd+18+Adelaide+v+New+Zealand/PbklGghZ741/Brett+Hogan

Reply #622561 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Oh wow :O
That just went up a notch

Reply #622563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Joey can use an altercation form six years ago as a get out of jail free card whenever he likes? That's just bullshit. Joey is a sook, always has been.

Reply #622564 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Ball did hit the rim Manu but it was a defection off a Breakers player from memory not a shot attempt by Adelaide.

What's the rule? Does it have to hit the rim on a "shot attempt"

Reply #622565 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

I have no issue with Wright bringing up the past as Hogan shouldn't even be in the league after a comment like that.

The sound is clear Wright was not yelling at him and only saying "Shot clock, shot clock". No other coach in the league would be thrown out of the game for the same actions which shows biased hatred by Hogan.

As for the shot clock call it is debatable. Anyone have a FIBA ruling on it? All I could see was an NBA and general ruling on it saying "There is a legal field goal attempt", "when the offensive team in basketball either does not attempt a shot". From the replay Pledger tries to catch the ball and instead it flies off and hits the ring. So technically (if FIBA has the same ruling) it is the wrong call. Needs to be a controlled or proper shot, otherwise a player could have it bounce of their head hit the ring and people claim it hit the ring. Regardless, without the replay I can't blame the refs for getting that one wrong. How Hogan dealt with Wright after was wrong though.

Reply #622566 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

"Dillard's obviously been watching lots of NBA as he knows how to draw that BS foul that you often see in the NBA where the shooter initiates all the contact by either sticking his leg out or thrusting his body into the defender, falls down like he's been hit really hard and then gets the call. I cannot stand it."

You mean like Penney, Clarke, Sobey, Randle, Lisch, Cadee, Goulding, Ware, DJ, Cotton, .....oh fk it most players do when they get someone jumping on a shot fake or out of position defensively.

When it becomes over the top CJ or Redhage style it gets annoying but Dillard from what I have seen is way down the list of culprits.

Reply #622567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But all we have to go in is joey's claim that he racially abused him.

Reply #622568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interpretations document Art 29/50 - 33

Call was correct

Reply #622569 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Cheers poster above for clarifying the rules as below. So it was a correct call. The ruling sounds strange that an illegitimate attempt still counts.

"29/50-32
After the ball has touched the ring of the opponents' basket for any reason, the shot clock shall be reset to 14 seconds, if the team which regains control of the ball is the same team that was in control of the ball before the ball touched the ring.

29/50-33
Example:
On a pass by A1 to A2 the ball touches B2 after which the ball touches the ring.
A3 gains control of the ball. Interpretation: The shot clock shall be reset to 14 seconds as soon as A3 gains control of the ball. "

Reply #622572 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Sit right behind where it happened and have no problem with the first T, but he was just saying shot clock etc He wanted them to check and no one cam to him and said the call was good or bad so he kept yelling for it. Then the ump finally came over his way Joey kept yelling and he was gone. I dont think he should have got the 2nd but i'm always amazed that he seems to have such a long leash. Personally I think the bad in-game calls were worse than the Joey situation.

Reply #622575 | Report this post

What's the ruling on video review for umpiring decisions? Is it entirely umpire discretion as to whether anything gets double checked? I don't want to unnecessarily slow the game up but i have no idea why and when umpires go to the video. Joey asked for the shot clock violation to be reviewed but got chucked out. Later in the game the umps spent an eternity determining whether a Ferguson shot was a 3 pointer or not, long after the play. And then the back-court violation which I understand on replay was an incorrect call wasn't reviewed even with Adelaide coaches asking for it. In that situation the game was stopped and the umpire nearest the 36ers Bench appear to initially agree to review it, but then the controlling umpire was unaware and was about to throw the ball in so rather than get his attention he just shrugged and the game went on. Bemusing.

Reply #622622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why dont you look up the IRS yourself and read it @fiba.com

Reply #622630 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Sixers are coming off terribly here. Joey was wrong (can they even check the replay on those sorts of plays?) and wouldn't shut up, even after copping the first tech. Deserved to go for general stupidity. Then there was the tweet up on the club's feed til this morning about no foul being called at the end until it was too late, despite Hodgson not actually fouling (softly touching a player on the back isn't cutting it in that situation). And now the quotes in these articles.

We were up double digits. It shouldn't have even been a close one down the stretch, but even then we still had plenty of oppoturnities to steal it. Cop it on the chin, learn from it and take responsibility. Don't act like this, because quite frankly it's going close to ruining what should be a bit of a victory lap after an incredible regular season.

Reply #622754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey did cop it on the chin. He blew Boti so he would write such a ridiculous article about the incident.

Reply #622759 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The shot clock and backcourt calls aren't reviewable.

Not sure which replay Boti was looking at, but from the one they showed on TV it was impossible to tell whether it was the right call or not.

Reply #622832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So much white privilege here, asking why it still matters!!? Because that comment is a deep hateful thing that he said to Joey, that still rests in the back of his mind. I agree that he shouldn't ref games when Joey is coaching at a bare minimum. Look what happened to Donald Sterling! Imagine if an NBA ref said that! But hey, evenrything is always so light hearted in Australia as it's only a joke or not that serious or just get over it!

Reply #622921 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Let's establish whether it was actually said first. The NBL has issued a statement which casts doubt on Wright's version of events that Hagan was suspended.

NBL are investigating the matter and will make a statement once that is done.

If the slur did happen, Hogan certainly shouldn't ref any of Wright's games. If Wright's claim is false he should be penalised strongly and probably taken to court for defamation.

As for the ejection, it was certainly warranted, the call was correct, Wright was given multiple chances to calm down and he didn't.

Reply #622929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the NBL statement viewable?

Reply #622935 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Paul what is your definition of calm down? To me it means he was yelling excessively and or swearing. The replay seems to suggest he did neither (until he was ejected where I am sure he said a few f bombs).

If he thinks the coach is not calm why not simply say "I will explain it to you later once you have calmed down" and walk away. or a simple "It hit the ring but they didn't reset the shot clock" and walk away. Why get in a coaches faces about something so trivial once he has already received a technical and treat them like a 8 year old. I don't see any other referee calling that second tech foul. Aylen and Mayberry would have just walked away. Hogan could have handled it better.

Reply #622936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A fan once said to Nathan Sobey that he can really jump for a whiteboy.

This sort of comment is both spiteful and full of hate.

Reply #622937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've lost count of how many times Boti will print unsubstantiated bullshit that he is spoonfed by his mates, in order to either make them look good or someone else look bad. Shouldn't a journo actually fact check that sort of stuff, instead of taking it as gospel in order to pretend his beloved Sixers were robbed?

Reply #622945 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"Shouldn't a journo actually fact check that sort of stuff, instead of taking it as gospel"

What makes you believe he didn't check it?

Reply #622974 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

We played badly , but don't wanna lose two games to cairns going into finals , so we are fired up agen and back to normal form...

Reply #623033 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:06 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754