Anonymous
Years ago

Who is Joey most afraid of?

Obvious now that Adelaide are going the tank. Who are they trying to keep out of the playoffs?

I reckon the team you do not want to face is the Breakers so who is Joey trying to avoid? Melbourne? Sydney? Perth?

OR...
Are they planning to crush the snakes next wekk to keep them out?

Topic #40790 | Report this topic

Brunson  
Years ago

They aren't tanking you idiot

Reply #622457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth or Hawks.

Reply #622458 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Yup onto something. DJ clearly missed that shot on purpose and randles put back deliberatly bounced on the rim to be tipped away. Ugh

Reply #622459 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Also played their best player for 35 minutes, Clearly tanking.

Reply #622463 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

They're not tanking for a particular opponent, they just know they're winning the title anyway so they're now aiming for a higher pick in the draft as well

Reply #622464 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just don't have the drive that teams still fighting have. Easy to understand. They might leave it until the Cairns games.

Reply #622486 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I watched some of today's game.
I don't think there was anything deliberate, just very flat early and through the middle.
As Issac said, just don't have the drive.

I suppose to look at it another way, they're NOT afraid of NZ, so they weren't fired up to crush them and push them out of the finals.

Reply #622490 | Report this post

RedArmy  
Years ago

Perth if Prather can get his body right. All banged up but if you had Orathet and Cotton at their best they could do some damage!

Reply #622493 | Report this post

RedArmy  
Years ago

Orathet = Prather!

Reply #622495 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

^^ LOL @RedArmy. I was thinking Orathet...who?

Reply #622501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His Ex. ;)

Reply #622506 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Joey wouldn't want to play the Hawks and would rather play Sydney if they make it.I do know that he ain't scared of the refs after last nights ejection.I do think he done this on purpose(ejection) to get his point across and at also at frustration at the low standed the refs are this year.I'm praying that my team get Aylen,Maubrey and maybe the ref boss in Gieshan in the playoffs who are the three best refs in the nbl by far cause they call the game how they see it and are fair.Townsend looks like he belongs in the mafia and Chris Reed is a cheat and they are the two worst refs by far.

Reply #622554 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Any poster that claims certain refs are the worst by far instantly loses points with me ;)
Trying to nominate the worst refs this season is like trying to guess the final NBL standings. Competition is fierce, and on any given day anyone is capable of staking their claim with a persuasive performance.

Reply #622556 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

^^ +1

Reply #622559 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

haha well played Luuuc

Reply #622570 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

well said Luuuc

Reply #622585 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

If Joey had any hair left, he'd be pulling it out trying to figure all the permutations.
My GUESS, is that he won't bother. They'll play to win, albeit in a slightly relaxed manner (or as relaxed as Joey can get, which apparently isn't very.)

By best guess says they'll split the round.
Cairns to narrowly win the first game at home, playing for their lives, with Adelaide ambivalent.
But Adelaide to make a statement in their final home game!

Reply #623108 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Can't really figure it out.

You'd be hard pressed to argue he didn't deliberately tank tonight. Game on the line, and 5 of his worst players on the court.

But what's he aiming for???

Adelaide's loss to the Hawks, practically guaranteed then a finals spot, so potentially Adelaide could now face a team thy lost to 3 times, in either the SF or GF. ???

Loss to the Breakers gave them a sniff of finals, so Adelaide could face them in the semis. BUT they are the last team you would choose to face in the finals IMHO. ???

Maybe those two losses were not deliberate, but tonight certainly was. Why?
Just seems weird.

I guess if Cairns make it, that means somebody like Perth or MU won't. But (A) its too hard to pick who, and (B) does it really matter?

Be interesting to see what happens on Saturday. Maybe Joey plans to totally smash them, and build some momentum going into the semis?

Reply #623649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe he is just resting his players? They can't avoid everyone so the best thing they can do is make sure his better players are fresh for the finals.

Reply #623652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well at least that question is finally answered.
Joey has successfully fucked Melbourne, and done everything he can to roger Perth.

Shame, I would have expected him to have more confidence in his own team.

Just hope this doesn't cost Randle the MVP

Reply #624307 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

But what's he aiming for???
Getting meaningful minutes into the bench guys and rest into the starters.

Reply #624326 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:29 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754