Anonymous
Years ago

Who is in charge of the refereeing?

They're doing a horrible job. The most blantant ones are the two out of bounds calls per game when someone is lining up a three and is not even close to being out of bounds.

That and every out of bounds call adjudicated by the female ref.

Topic #40794 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Female ref is disgustingly biased

Reply #622787 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

She had an absolute shocker. Every game I've seen she has made bad decsions after bad decisions. Surely she is a relative of someone high up in basketball because she doesn't deserve a job based on her performances.

Reply #622815 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

She is better than Chris(cheat)Reed,Townsend(mafia)and Matt Beattie.Those three are the worse by far and hope they don't do the playoff.They will only wreck the game by blowing the whistle a hundred times cause they think there the stars of the game.Iwish they will let the players decide the game.

Reply #622820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Right behind you on that one Johnson, she isn't far off those guys though.

Reply #622830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The guy with the slicked back modern hair cut is also a bit of loose cannon from what I've seen

Reply #622836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I seriously wonder what the NBL thinks about it's reffing. Like, do they just ignore it? do they not care? do they think its fine? do they not listen to their fans?

Its been a problem all year for every team in every game. It is getting ridiculous now, turning the league into a joke.

Reply #622849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a thankless job and people should get off their backs, no ref no game. Go and have a talk to most professional players and they will tell you that you get good and bad calls and it works out 50/50. They have to make split second decisions.

Reply #622874 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

A thankless job that they are paid to do, and do to a professional standard... which some aren't and should be criticised for.

Reply #622880 | Report this post

Ricky Diculous  
Years ago

They should make better split second decisions

Reply #622881 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Bring in import refs from the states!!!

Reply #622883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep bring in referees from the states who earn 10 times more $$$ and only ever referee 1 on 1 plays. They dont referee full court presses, double/triple teams or contact all over the floor. Yep, I look forward to your US imports

Reply #622885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh, so this useless post is another ref bashing of the NBL!

Reply #622886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah they did that one a long time ago Benno. That was a fail trust me.

Reply #622893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So many experts who have never reffd at any level. It's a hard gig and I have reffd at local A grade stuff and the abuse you cop made me quit. The critics here who have never reffd should stfu. Declare your ref stats and criicze to your hearts content by all means. if you have never reffd and basketball game then please don't comment.

Reply #622894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wildcats loss -> ref bashing thread. what a shock!!

Reply #622898 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Lol, the salt has spilled into this thread.

Wonder if we will get a new one tomorrow.

Reply #622903 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

wildcats loss -> ref bashing thread. what a shock!!
You're obviously new to this forum.
Blaming the refs is basically a religion for 6's fans. Usually they start before the game has even commenced.
Only reason it seems less this season is because they are winning.
If somehow they don't win the ring, this place will go into meltdown. The entire front page will consist of threads explaining how they were robbed by the refs.

Reply #622920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've been around long enough to know a former NBL all star 5 member when I see him in a coaches uniform just fyi

Reply #622923 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Blaming the refs imports is basically a religion for 6's fans.
Fixed that for you.

Reply #622927 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"I've been around long enough to know a former NBL all star 5 member when I see him in a coaches uniform just fyi."

Well played, sir!

Reply #622930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tears

Reply #622965 | Report this post

ayjay  
Years ago

Hey Perth Willy, keep it in your pants. That female ref in every game I have seen her in is excellent. She doesn't baulk at reversing an incorrect call and above all she doesn't guess her calls. Many of the other refs actually blow the whistle in anticipation before the contact actually hits.

Perth fans have had a long armchair ride with the referees until this season. Get used to it, your in the same boat as the rest of us now.

Reply #623084 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Who was the ref who called the goaltend at the end of the first half tonight? Would do well in the NBA.

Reply #623116 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Kobe, hey buddy you didn't reply yesterday.

What's your fav team mate?

Reply #623122 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Toni Caldwell - a.k.a. That Female Referee - has been refereeing at this level for ages now, and does a pretty good job IMO

Reply #623124 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think Toni is generally solid, but she was very poor on Sunday. Still, everyone has a bad day now and then.

Reply #623148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with Luuuc.

Reply #623151 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:58 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754