Aussie
Years ago

Comedy commentary broadcast team in the NBL?

I was just watching UCLA v Oregen on ESPN and was listening to the commentary team of Bill Walton and the other guy (can't remember his name) and I found them quite funny.

I was thinking would a comedy commentary broadcast team on Fox Sports and nbl.tv for the NBL, help with ratings, subscriptions and viewers?

Who would you pick to do it?

Topic #40828 | Report this topic

LurkerMcLurkey  
Years ago

First pick would be Ronny Cheng. He loves bball and would be passionate about it.

I'd worry anyone else they would pick for this wouldn't respect the sport enough and there would be many cringe-worthy moments.

Reply #623770 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Cam Tragardh trys but I don't find him that funny. Great bloke though

Reply #623771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cam Tragardh tries to be the Honey Badger, who is also completely unfunny.

Reply #623772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol Tragardh should not be allowed anywhere near the broadcast wtf were they thinking.

For ex-players the one funny guy over the years was Matt Smith doing colour at Taipans games on the original NBL TV.

Reply #623779 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Triggers commentary is almost at the same level as his D.

Reply #623786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ haha nice.

... yet supposedly you "don't follow the NBL"

Reply #623787 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

I think id prefer listening to Brad Rosen over Cam Tragardh. If there was a game featuring Rosen, Carfino and Trigger I would switch it off immediately. No game would be worth listening to that!

Reply #623873 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Trigger and Robbins are f/heads .They couldn't play and they crap commentators.

Reply #623920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No to Ronny Cheng. Makes Trevor Gleeson look like a top bloke.

Reply #623959 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Some of the NBL commentators use some very lame and strange turns of phrase. I remember Liam Santamaria commentating a game and he kept saying shit like "don't hurt them like that, Cammy Gliddon" and "That's money for jam!" I don't ever want to cringe that hard again in my life.

Reply #624144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ME love it, sad but true. Why are Aussie commentators so lame?

Heal is one of the worst with his love for words like "trifecta", "cheapie" and exclaiming "wowwee!" SERIOUSLY WTF!!! It's as if he is from a non-basketball background. WTF is wowwee isn't that something from the 1950s? hahahaha so cringeworthy

Reply #624381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Melbourne United haven't made the playoffs in their short lives... errr their existence"

lol so polished

Reply #624419 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:29 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754