paul
Years ago

Melbourne and Sydney the teams to beat

Can't see anyone beating them in the playoffs...

Topic #40833 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Haha point made Paul!

Such a tight season is making anyone who doesn't sit on the fence look like fools...

Reply #624003 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

A couple of weeks ago he was talking up a United vs 36ers grand final and how much trouble they could give the Sixers.

Reply #624004 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

What it doe sdo tho is make it better for teams like Cairns, 36ers and Hawks to recruit..
Money isn't everything and championships are!!

Reply #624007 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Are you sure that was me? That sounds much more like LV. I think Illawarra is the toughest match-up for Adelaide.

Anyway, I think you missed the point, which was to have a laugh.

Reply #624008 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

^ given that this thread was clearly dedicated to LV, I assumed it's also him who Zodiac was referring to.

Anyway ... crazy season. Hard to have a legit go at anyone who was wrong. Good on the people who have a crack at it.

Reply #624009 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

That's right, I think you missed the point on that one paul.

Reply #624010 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United had- count them- Goulding, Blanchfield, Andersen, Barlow, Moore and Williams all miss 5-10 games with injury.

Putting aside the fact that one was obviously beneficial, that's still the majority of your roster spending significant time on the sidelines. Goulding appeared to be struggling with his ankle this week too. If you'd told me United would have these injuries I probably would've picked that they'd miss playoffs!

Sydney made some roster choices that can only be described as bizarre.

Both teams have inexperienced coaches(in NBL terms compared to the championship and/or long-standing successful coaches of 5 other teams) and if they were going to have an Achilles heel, that would be it. Sadly neither DD or Gaze did their long term coaching prospects any favours this year. A shame since Drewy remains my number one bball hero and I know people in his family and he has made huge sacrifices for the opportunity.

Such is life. I've made money betting this season despite many predictions that were way off the mark. One team I've been riding all along is Cairns. Go Taipans.

Reply #624018 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Indeed I did Zodiac, which now gives me an additional lol!

Reply #624029 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Have a look at this.

On this forum United was the near unanimous choice for top spot and Adelaide was the favourite for the wooden spoon. Sydney were tipped to finish 4th.

I may be more vocal in my views than most- cos I love the challenge of predictions and tipping- but I wasn't alone in getting it badly wrong this season- we all did! "He who is without sin cast the first stone" !!!!

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/39976-your-nbl-ladder-prediction/#p599983

Also Interesting to note that after 6 or 7 rounds or there abouts, Sydney were $2.70 favourite for the championship. And Even this week United was still 3rd favourite at $5.00 despite potentially needing two wins just to make top 4. Glad I cashed out my Kings bet at that exact time (initially put $ on them when they were $4).

Reply #624094 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

KET's ladder is almost the exact ladder, if you move 5th-8th up to 1st-4th.

1 Melbourne
2 Sydney
3 Perth
4 Brisbane

5 Adelaide
6 Illawarra
7 New Zealand
8 Cairns

Shuffle it up and you get:
1 Adelaide
2 Illawarra
3 New Zealand
4 Cairns

5 Melbourne
6 Sydney
7 Perth
8 Brisbane

Reply #624097 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Has anyone else voted on who gets the Damian Martin award as the most defensive poster? Two good candidates in this thread!

Reply #624099 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

LOL

paul is spot on.
The Damian Martin is in here.

Reply #624114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Has anyone else voted on who gets the Damian Martin award as the most defensive poster? Two good candidates in this thread!"

Yes, but I've got one daylight ahead of the others

Reply #624115 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

^^^ LOL :D

Reply #624127 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Does that mean I get all the calls?

Reply #624131 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I must admit I was keen on Sydney and thought Brisbane would do okay, but Melbourne have been huge flops.

I would be worried if Perth makes it as they will now be a dark horse, but I will predict an Adelaide v Illawarra final series, there it is...

Reply #624273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you predict Melbourne will beat Perth tomorrow then? Because that is the only way an Adelaide-Illawarra finals series can occur

Reply #624280 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Anything is still on the table as far as the remaining games, isn't it?

Reply #624281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is what the nbl just posted

United win =
1. 36ers
2. Taipans
3. Hawks
4. Breakers

Cats win =
1. 36ers
2. Taipans
3. Cats
4. Hawks

Reply #624282 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:31 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754