Anonymous
Years ago

LK to bring NBA Game in 2019

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/basketball/nbl-boss-larry-kestelman-close-to-sealing-deal-for-nba-game-in-australia-for-2019/news-story/111aa319523684b2b7813f7c9a0a05b3

Topic #40840 | Report this topic

Aussie  
Years ago

What I like most about that article, is it suggests LK will be sticking around for further years, after his 3rd NBL season is over, next season

Reply #624118 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Isn't it up to the other owners whether he remains after three years? Weren't there certain goals he has to meet or he hands it back free of charge?

Can't imagine the other owners wanting that after the progress that's been made. Just hope in the next few years that progress can equate to financial return.

Reply #624119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well he owns MEL and BRIS.. already has 25% of the vote

Reply #624120 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

If the other owners don't want LK back, then they are all crazy

Reply #624121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Somehow someone will turn this positive news into a negative. Great work slowly Aussie bball is being put on the map as a place to play basketball!

Reply #624130 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

LK definitely intends on staying and eventually cashing in on a profit, and the teams aren't about to throw him out any time soon. So he is staying, quite simply.

As for bringing a game here, this is massive. Make no mistake about it: If there was no Larry Kestleman, there would be no NBA game in Australia - period.

Reply #624141 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

"LK definitely intends on staying and eventually cashing in on a profit, and the teams aren't about to throw him out any time soon. So he is staying, quite simply"

Jay, is that just an assumption or do you know for sure?

Reply #624151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this NBL Fantasy League? NO one other than the LKG would know. Great job to get the League bak to something the fans turn out for. But at what cost.
HOw will they ever make a profit? Bullets ownership sees them at the bottom of the ladder.
United experiment is certainly a very expensive one with a profit?
The cost of the NBL and it's TV production alone would be far more than they would have anticipated.
Will teams go next season? New teams? All this before the NBA dream is ever seen here.

Reply #624168 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Fantastic news!

Reply #624174 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"Jay, is that just an assumption or do you know for sure?"

I know for sure. There will be an interview to be released shortly which will verify all of this.

Reply #624182 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Great news

Reply #624188 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I look forward to this, will be keen to go if I can and LK needs to stay, too soon for him to leave IMHO.

Reply #624265 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:58 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754