Dazz
Years ago

United v Wildcats - Sun 3pm AEDT

Well its a great result for the NBL that so much will be riding on this game, what a way to finish the regular season.

Perth playing for their season, MU playing for pride in front of a packed stadium.

Can Prather fire on the road?
Will Trev get his match-ups correct?
Can the Cats stop Ware and Flopking from lighting it up from outside?
Will DD just confuse everybody?
WHO will get ejected?

Topic #40841 | Report this topic

Dazz  
Years ago

The idea that Melbourne will be easy to beat because they are out of play-off contention isn't one I necessarily agree with.
I wouldn't say "easy". I'd settle for less difficult.
Goulding and Ware, who when let off the leash and allowed to play relaxed and freely, could put on a shooting show.
Have a look at last night's game to see the difference between a team fighting for their BBL lives, and a team that doesn't give a toss.

Plus, why would MU want to do NZ any favours, after just being humiliated by them?

Reply #624145 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

This game is so rigged that the nbl has ordered the refs to cane Melbourne so Perth finish 2nd and have two home finals.That charge call against Cadee on Martin last night said it all.That call was one of the worst this year.Martin was always moving sideways so how can that be a charge.

Reply #624150 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

It will be interesting to see who refs this game.I'm guessing it's the three worst in Chris Reed,Townsend and Beattie.There all f in cheats.Good luck Melbourne you need it with if those wankers are in control.

Reply #624153 | Report this post

hoopster  
Years ago

"This game is so rigged that the nbl has ordered the refs to cane Melbourne so Perth finish 2nd and have two home finals"
Johnson.... Get your hand off your Johnson.

Reply #624154 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

MU will start brilliantly I suspect but against a team that has everything to play for, it would be difficult.

Cats know it is season ending if they lose. But that is not the spur, it is playing below expectation.

Also. Cotton and Prather seem to have found some synchronicity and will wreak havoc if MU don't have the answers to this.

Reply #624155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wish the NBL referees named in Johnson's post would read it, seek Johnson's IP details, then take legal action against Johnson.

Reply #624156 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

This will be the game where ware and Goulding go perfect from deep threes.

Reply #624157 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Johnson the nbl has butchered charge calls all season, I'm not certain that call is what undid Sydney, even poorer roster construction that Perth did that some time ago.

You may recall in previous years the wildcats losing a game or two on the back of some very United favoured decisions. Specifically the no call when Majok blocked Beals arm.

Reply #624165 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

That was a clean block.

Reply #624170 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Damn you're a one-eyed flog Dazz.

Horrendous start to this thread.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this one as a lead in to what should be a bumper finals series.

With any luck, Perth don't make it.
IMO, United, Kings and Wildcats do not deserve it.

Having said that, neither do NZ....

Reply #624176 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Really on one star in the playoffs and that will be Randle, for the supporters of the teams that make it good luck. You need stars in playoffs and not to have the 4 big market teams isn't good look imo. Needs a Sydney or Melbourne to have interest in the league.

I won't be watching with much interest, would love to see Randle v ware or cotton and lisch. Good luck to all the team's that make it

Reply #624181 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Tend to agree with you there cats 4 life. Bit dissapointing that the biggest market will be Perth - if they make it.

Great for the fans of the teams that will be there, and it just shows that money doesnt buy success. Smaller market teams have a big place in the leagues success, so dont underestimate their value. However it would have been handy from a commercial view if Sydney or Melbourne were there also. I dont think the NBL would be overly happy with the makeup of this years playoffs, from a commercial standpoint.

Im sure just quietly the league is hoping Perth can get in - for the crowds if nothing else.

Reply #624191 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

CG43's looked a bit limp in the past couple of games. I wouldn't be surprised if he's rested, instead of continuing to push the ankle that's been bothering him all season.

But if he does play. Watch out. Him and Casper are both overdue for one of their regular downtown shows.

Reply #624193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately the same thing keeps happening. You get the likes of Cairns, New Zealand, Perth and Adelaide representing in recent grand finals, which the Eastern seaboard couldn't give a toss about.

If Sydney and Melbourne had been in the grand final this year it would've been an absolute bonanza for the NBL and the springboard to the next level.

Reply #624194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Plus, why would MU want to do NZ any favours, after just being humiliated by them?"

They're probably indifferent whether NZ or Perth make the playoffs. And who makes the playoffs probably doesn't even register into their thoughts when they step on the floor.

They're professional athletes, when the ball is thrown up, the instinct is to win. Heck, this is the instinct even on a Wednesday night social league.

Reply #624197 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Forget about markets.

I'm hoping Cairns or Illawarra can do it for the little guys!

Reply #624198 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

"Im sure just quietly the league is hoping Perth can get in - for the crowds if nothing else."
That would be a short term gain, long term gain is a smaller club succeeds, boosting interest into next season.

Reply #624199 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Jaron Johnson gets his revenge if Perth don't make it, his terrible pass with 10 seconds left against nz that let Webster hit the game winner will be the difference if Perth don't win.

Reply #624200 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

They're professional athletes, when the ball is thrown up, the instinct is to win. Heck, this is the instinct even on a Wednesday night social league.

As I said, re-watch last night's game if you wnat to see the different between a team fighting for its basketball life, and a group of "professional players" who just didn't give a toss.

Reply #624201 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

Cats need to win this one to make it now hawks have flogged bullets.

Reply #624203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Equation is simple for Perth win and you get second spot lose and bye bye.I cant see this Cats team wanting to be the team that broke the 30 year streak . I think they will be to hungry and good for the United team that cant make it.

Reply #624206 | Report this post

Em  
Years ago

Reply #624212 | Report this post

Em  
Years ago

That is right - Perth need to win to make finals - if they lose NZ do.

But i think Perth finish 2nd if Adel defeats Cairns
and 3rd if Cairns beat Adelaide.?

Reply #624213 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Goulding will play. Melbourne should win easily.

Reply #624233 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

As a Utd season ticket holder I'm obviously hoping for a win regardless, but can't help but think it's the last time we'll see a few of these guys playing in the NBL and a couple of others "taking their talents" elsewhere thanks for a less than harmonious team culture

Reply #624240 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

This game will be determinative of the playoffs.

I have this feeling that if Perth make the playoffs they will win the championship. So hard to play there so only need to win one away to win series.

Reply #624295 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

If Cairns had lost vs 36ers and Perth had finished 2nd I would say they were a good chance for the championship, but with their NQLD woes - I can't see them beating Cairns at home.

Reply #624297 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

"I have this feeling that if Perth make the playoffs they will win the championship. So hard to play there so only need to win one away to win series."

Yeh but they only have 4 away wins for the season, 3 against eliminated teams

Reply #624302 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

lets not get ahead of ourselves...

It all comes down to this.

Tank has done his best to screw us, (and Karma's a bitch) so we must beat MU, period.

The Cats are good enough. Are they hungry enough.

Reply #624304 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

The interesting thing for Perth is that they have had 2 big wins by 20+ points recently. Yeah I know that they were wins at home and against Bullets and Kings but Perth have not shown the ability to put away teams all season until those 2 recent games.

Martin, Cotton and Prather are starting to look good and there have been good contributions from Hire, Wagstaff, Redhage and Brandt.

If they can belt United on the road then I might be more confident of them being a threat in the finals. I guess we will soon find out if thy have truly turned the corner or just fluked a couple of good games.

Reply #624306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well they led by 13 in Cairns so it is not they cant play well away the problem is it is in patches.

Reply #624316 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

Ok so Cairns jump Perth. They get home advantage and can be danger.

But if Perth can beat Melbourne in Melbourne, then look out Cairns.

Reply #624319 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Btown - true.

I guess its just hard to always deny that championship pedigree. (Ala kind of the same way I think about the Spurs come NBA playoff time).

Reply #624324 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Perth are junk.

I think Yernited will win this.
A stack of both rosters will be moved on before either team plays again....and for good reason.

Reply #624338 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Perth easily

They're aren't in the habit of losing games like this plus Prather and Cotton have learned how to co exist

Reply #624355 | Report this post

Lost In The Sky  
Years ago

Perth to win in a close one.

Reply #624363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even if Perth lose the streak is just a number that's cool to have the media team eill probably spin it next year if they miss it today and make it next season by saying the 31st time in the playoffs

Reply #624369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've backed Perth with the bookies so I win either way as I hate perth and their arraogant fan base that floods with forum with threads about when damos last pop was.

Reply #624372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've to admit, I'm nervous about this one.

Reply #624374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Even if Perth lose the streak is just a number that's cool to have the media team eill probably spin it next year if they miss it today and make it next season by saying the 31st time in the playoffs"

Of course they will. I love how the Cats span it and fed it to a lazy media as if the streak was a world record, ignoring a quick google/wiki of other bball leagues. They are so deluded it's scary.

Reply #624376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I've backed Perth with the bookies so I win either way as I hate perth and their arraogant fan base that floods with forum with threads about when damos last pop was."

Yes this is a clear case of money not being everything in life ;) Last poop... haha it's sad because it's true but funny the way you put it.

Reply #624377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marvin is known to rub people the wrong way though so anything is possible with that guy.

Reply #624402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I've to admit, I'm nervous about this one."

lol don't pee yourself :P

Reply #624409 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Here we go !! Lets do this Perth :P

Reply #624413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh great to see robbo there, can feel the love in his voice for knight already.

Reply #624414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow they really flew Robbins over for his "insight"... and also why is Heal seemingly on every telecast now :x I guess he asks for the max since he is broke

Reply #624416 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Looks like Perth trying to attack low looking for early fouls in Melbourne bigs.
Melbourne is jack city from three

Reply #624417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melb are bricking everything, they suck ;/

Reply #624418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hang on... Chris Goulding is turning up when it doesn't matter? I'm shocked!

Reply #624420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding stop for once

Reply #624421 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

29 points in a quarter ain't gonna win you games

Reply #624422 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Exactly as I suspected. CG and Casper combine for 7 3 point attempts in first quarter. Just throwing caution to the wind and letting it fly.

Where was this free flowing, confident style over the past two games?

Hope they bring Casper and Boone back next season.

Reply #624424 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

It's infuriating as a United follower that Shane Heal- and every person not named Dean Demopoulos- can see the bleeding obvious...

Reply #624427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth look woeful.

Reply #624428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well seasons over lads go home cats making terrible decisions a lob to brandt a knight three jesus what is this

Reply #624429 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Please no Brendan Joyce. After his effort with Opals I don't want him anywhere near United.

Reply #624430 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Did the ref just tell players to stop talking to each other...oh dear

Reply #624431 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Refs are a mess both ways here. Calling everything they shouldn't and little they should

Reply #624432 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

There's the third on Cotton. Well done refs. Ware gets the most rubbish calls

Reply #624433 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Couple of dumb dumb fouls by cotton and now on 3

Reply #624434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone tell Knight to stop shooting. Pleasee

Reply #624435 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Lol that foul on McKay. No one will be left on the court for either team if calls like that get made

Reply #624436 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Wouldn't be a wildcats game without an out of bounds controversy

Reply #624437 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Clearly of water foot. Well done easiest call to miss

Reply #624438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So flopping jumps into prather and prather gets called for the foul lol

Reply #624439 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

United making a living at the line. Cheap fouls on Damo and cotton will hurt in the second. Not sure how either team is meant to defend penetration, seems to be a guaranteed foul no matter atm

Reply #624440 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

If this goes down to the wire then you'd think Perth would have that extra 5% hunger and get the job done. You would think. But, United has 10,000 people behind them and The Cats are missing 3 players they had on Friday night. So should be a great second half!

Reply #624441 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Felt like every possession both ways lead to a foul.
Did that whole crowd come to watch just Goulding shoot every time he touches it haha.

Reply #624442 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

We should have an unwritten rule on hoops.com.au:

Cats fans should never, ever, complain about refs.

Melbourne could get a lot of calls but that would just even it up for what Cats get in most games at Perth Arena.

Reply #624443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV, you're the biggest whinger about refs. How about a written rule where you stop mentioning them.

Reply #624444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal packing on the pounds

Reply #624445 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Marvin's motivational half time message for Gleeson:

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder682/500x/27658682.jpg

Reply #624446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Perth fan complaints are beyond rich. Good news is they looked terrible but only down 1. Should win by 10 if they show an ounce of intensity.

Reply #624447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a kings fan and all I see the Flopping jumping into people to draw fouls. Makes Harden look bad loool

Reply #624448 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Wow poor randle, what a shitty agent he had.how is undrafted better than a guaranteed spot. His mate isiah killing it from the last pick.

Reply #624449 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

LV making a late charge for the Akil Mitchell award! :P

Reply #624450 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

J "There's the third on Cotton. Well done refs. Ware gets the most rubbish calls"

It was a clear foul

Reply #624451 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Michael alien. Pathetic demos fourth for that. Lv did you like that call? How about if lish did that?

Reply #624452 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

The commentary in this game is appalling! No idea with whats going on.

Reply #624453 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Ware with another magical foul drawn? Lv how should the players defend him?

Reply #624454 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Bahaha that call in blanchfield was as bad as the McKay one,

Refs making themselves the center of attention.

Reply #624455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reffing is disgusting. Never seen so many blatant calls missed.

Reply #624456 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

United have totally taken out Perths transition game. That is the difference between this game and the game vs the Kings

Reply #624458 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Agree the blanchfield call was just as bad.

Reply #624459 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Melbourne "nothing to play for"? They're down 0-3 vs Perth in the season series, I'd say there's something to play for.

But in general terms I agree, Perth looks a bit hungrier at this point. And *should* win. But, they've been poor on the road. Intriguing!

Reply #624460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a matter of time

Reply #624461 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

How soft are some of these fouls?

Reply #624462 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Anderson, Blanchfield and Barlow just can't defend anyone. Mattie Knight looks like an all star and Prather is doing whatever he likes. I fear for Melbourne in the 4th.

Reply #624463 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Casper v Cotton. Great. Hope they both return next yr

Reply #624464 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Ware with the nerve to ask for more calls!

Reply #624465 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Are these refs in finals, gonna be a free throw special. So many soft calls every which way

Reply #624466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That Hire 3 was in lol

Reply #624468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth Cairns series is going to be slugfest.

Reply #624469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watch Anderson, he travels all the way back to the moon and back every time.

Reply #624471 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Ware with the nerve to ask for more calls!

Then hits Cotton in the face with an elbow. No offensive foul...

Reply #624472 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Even up on the out of bounds?

Reply #624473 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Square up OOB call. Good lord the refs suck haha

Reply #624474 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Water pushes the defender foul on the defender?

Reply #624475 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I'd love to see what Ware could do with an actual coach.

Reply #624478 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Ware not water lol.

Reply #624479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give the united credit they are busting their ass off

Reply #624480 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Great game, I hope Perth can get over the line, it would shake up the finals...

Reply #624481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get shit on Goulding lol

Reply #624482 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Crap D by United leaving Wagstaff wide open for second 3 in a row

Reply #624483 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

McKay's pretty much been the difference. Having a huge game.

Reply #624485 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

McKay and Wagstaff I think have ended it in the fourth with time running out!

Reply #624486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McKay proving his worth

Reply #624487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Anderson just grab Wagstaff by the head?

Reply #624488 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Obviously Prather has been great all game...

Reply #624489 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

McKay is a beast, and Casey is just casey

Reply #624490 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Just like last season United's last 2 games leaves a sour taste in the mouth

Silver lining- DD will now go. You'd think.

Reply #624491 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

Watching the recent time out for United, the coach has lost them, Blanchfield could not look lest interseted

Reply #624492 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Boone wants another contract in 2017-18, huh?

Reply #624493 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Difference between Goulding and wagstaff? Both laid out one is an and one? Just curious, not saying it's wrong

Reply #624494 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

So we're playing Illawarra in the first round? And Cairns have home court against Perth?

Reply #624495 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Not over yet

Reply #624497 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Take it to the hoops cats ffs

Reply #624498 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Booze's the only Melbourne player who understands he's playing for his next contract..

Reply #624499 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Going to dem finals

Reply #624500 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

All season that's a charge. Like it or not that's inconsistent

Reply #624502 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Boone will certainly expect a big contract now.

Wasn't expecting United to give them a scare like this a few minutes ago...

Reply #624503 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Casper Ware

or

Kyrie Irving

Reply #624504 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Far out, Martin should have kept his feet charge or not. Always defend the shot, can't do anything on the floor

Reply #624508 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

WAIT...

Reply #624510 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Clutch!

Reply #624511 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

He had 12 seconds. Why jack up a shit shot like that?

Reply #624512 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Would have been something if Ware could have nailed that 3 point bomb, but in the end Perth have another crack at it...

Reply #624513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth v Cairns series will be amazing.

Reply #624516 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Great fight by United, they didn't roll over

Moving ahead, Perth is about to meet Cairns in one of the fiercest, scrappiest, possibly lowest scoring semi finals ever!

Melbourne should bring back this same roster, with Moore back in for Kromah. With a new coach and a clean run with injuries they could well take out the comp next season.

Reply #624517 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

This league always jacks it early, think it's to get another crack on the chance of offensive rebound

Reply #624518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dennis supporting his cats

Reply #624520 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Is Perth or Cairns second?

Reply #624521 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Is Perth or Cairns second?

Reply #624522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

31 years inarow wow

Reply #624523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns is 2nd. Even though Perth has the split over both Wollongong and Cairns.

Reply #624524 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

YEEEESSSSSSS!!!! What a game! Prather was a total beast!

Reply #624525 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

YEEEESSSSSSS!!!! What a game! Prather was a total beast!

Reply #624526 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Cairns is 2nd I believe with a table with Hawks

Reply #624527 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

A bloody good win,now onto to Cairns and if we can put up the same sort of effort today we may be a sneaky chance to get past them.

31 years straight is an awesome effort.

Reply #624528 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Yesssss!!!!

Reply #624530 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Perth Apparently staying on the east coast for the week.

Reply #624534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard Brad Robbins say that. I dont believe they would if game one isn't until Friday.

Reply #624535 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I have no finger nails left, my nerves are shot and my heart is still pumping.

Reply #624536 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Booooooooooooooo. lol

How was Gleeson down the stretch? I have never seen a more petrified man.

Reply #624538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth won all 4 games against Melbourne by a total of 10 points with margins of 2,2,3,3

Reply #624540 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Congrats Cats! Impressive to keep the streak alive, 31 straight appearances... mind boggling and fully deserving of respect.

I suppose DD is gone now. You sure you don't want Brendan Joyce LV? ;D

Reply #624541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see LV wish the other team well....oh wait...

Reply #624542 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Perth finds a way, somehow. Hopefully the whistled go away in the playoffs, much easier to be consistent.

Is there a favourite?

Reply #624543 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

Cats are going for the flag.

Reply #624546 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Great game.

Have to take my hat off to Melbourne.
Compare their effort to the Kings on Friday.
With nothing to play for, MU played like a TEAM determined to win.

Also gotta say that Boone has been a surprise packet. Very impressed with his contribution.

Reply #624548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@LV

"It's infuriating as a United follower that Shane Heal"

Errm....you have flat out said you would not follow United after what they did to the Tigers. Whats changed?

Also...You said you were going to take delight in Utd ending Perth's streak, how does it feel?

Reply #624551 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Perth won all 4 games against Melbourne by a total of 10 points with margins of 2,2,3,3
The final margin today was two.

Reply #624552 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Errm....you have flat out said you would not follow United after what they did to the Tigers. Whats changed?
I think you're confusing LV with Cram.

Reply #624553 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Thank you Perth, the win will pay for my anywhere between 1 to 4 home final seats , so at least one Adelaide supporter says well done ! :)

Now have to go put some money on Cairns once th3e market opens up :)

Reply #624554 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Streak alive, now the season starts, full team and no doubt cairns are tough but they would be the team I would want to play in the semi-finals.

Congratulations to the boy's! Tough season and that's why every one hates us! Best part and it's not nice to say is they beat nz as well.

Pressure on cairns, we get a free hit on Friday!

Reply #624556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The physical ball playoffs games between Perth and Cairns are going to be ugly ball. The people who enjoy high scoring free flowing basketball should give this a miss

Reply #624569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth fan checking in. With so much energy and focus given to just making the playoffs, I expect the cats to get swept in the first round.

They are just happy to be there now and making up the numbers. The team has avoided becoming "that" team that missed the playoffs.

Cairns in two.

Reply #624575 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Blachfield 0 for 7 in 33 minutes and Anderson 3 for 9 did not help. But it was at the other end where they could not stop Perth.
Could not defend the on ball and were exposed badly.
Perth worthy finalist and will scrap to the end.

Reply #624595 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Trolling^^^

Reply #624596 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Great to see Prather continue his good form on the road.
And great game from McKay, especially against Anderson and Boone.

Reply #624600 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Yep Kobe, the final margin today was two. Spot on m8

Reply #624601 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

So, as Anon posted, Perth won twice by 2 points and twice by 3 points.

Reply #624667 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

For some reason I was thinking they were listed chronologically, rather than by size of margin, and couldn't remember the specifics of the others. Carry on!

Reply #624683 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

So in the end those atrocious decisions that handed the cats their second home game against cairns DID end up costing someone a grand final also berth. It just happened to be New Zealand rather than Cairns :-)

Reply #624688 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Also gotta say that Boone has been a surprise packet. Very impressed with his contribution."

Can a guy with NBA career highs of 26 points and 20 boards be a surprise pack?

Reply #624695 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

LOL, exactly.

Boone is a class act.

Imagine if DD had of given him minutes when he first came. *facepalm*

Reply #624697 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I hope someone signs Boone for next season - he is a stud.

Reply #624700 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

So in the end those atrocious decisions that handed the cats their second home game against cairns DID end up costing someone a grand final also berth.

Don't forget that Perth home game against the Sixers decided by a Matty Knight flop on Randle!

Reply #624705 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Boone is a class act."

You mean he's not a flog?

Reply #624713 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Hahaha ^

Reply #624714 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Also gotta say that Boone has been a surprise packet. Very impressed with his contribution.

Can a guy with NBA career highs of 26 points and 20 boards be a surprise pack
You are joking right?
When was the last time he play in the NBA???

At the very least there was a real danger he was just another broken down old hack.

But anyway I was paying the guy a compliment.
The first time I saw him play, he looked lost, shuffling around like an old man. I guess it took him a few minutes to find his feet. Has been very impressive.
Not sure he was the best fit for the lineup MU already had, but probably surpassed other players on their roster.

Reply #624719 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Keep digging a hole if you want Dazz, he played Euroleague last year and was leading rebounder in the VTB United league, one of the best comps in Europe.

Reply #624732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also, keep rising every morning if you want, sun.

Reply #624736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does Andersen lamely fake shooting a three EVERY time he is at the top of the key. facepalm

Reply #624754 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

@Anon:

[Errm....you have flat out said you would not follow United after what they did to the Tigers. Whats changed?]

I never said that. I've always been a bball guy first and a Tigers/Spurs guy second, so 3 years ago- when most Tigers fans burned effigies of Larry Kestlemen and erected voodoo dolls dedicated to the man, I decided to give United a go. I've subsequently found my passion is lacking. I barely feel dejected today at all. When the Tigers seasons ended I was always filthy. In fact I distinctly remember being up until 4am when they lost to Adelaide in 2013/14, going through the replay and counting all the dodgy foul calls early in the game that contributed to the team losing their way before the game even really got going. Fairly certain that was a work night too.

I have no great passion for United - I just follow them because they represent Melbourne and they're my opportunity to watch bball live in my city. But, I only attended 3 games this season (by far my least for over 15 years- although it was more circumstance changes than lack of interest)

[Also...You said you were going to take delight in Utd ending Perth's streak, how does it feel?]

Honestly? It will feel even better when the Taipans- who I've backed all season- a small town team who've never won a championship, beat Perth in a gruelling series.

Reply #624760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice last comment LV.

Perth fans win one battle and think they've won the war.

Reply #624762 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[Good to see LV wish the other team well....oh wait...]

Why would I wish them well?

I'll be jumping for joy if Cairns or Illawarra win the championship this season. Even Adelaide would be acceptable- Randle is pure superstar and their style is fun to watch.

If Perth win, the probability is that there will be a severely damaged remote control ending up somewhere at my place, wherever it lands....

Reply #624764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats fans don't seem to understand why no one is wishing their team well when they play such an appauling style of basketball. Mind boggling level of delusion.

Reply #624767 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

I don't mind a competitive slog, especially when my team is winning.

Saddens me more to see Todd B just standing in a corner and failing to even create space.

Martyn's D is a thing of great beauty and you should feel as privileged to watch it just like I feel lucky to watch JR and his exquisite game play.

31 ....Wow.

Reply #624851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Cats fans don't seem to understand why no one is wishing their team well when they play such an appauling style of basketball. Mind boggling level of delusion."

Oh please. Even when they played a much more free-flowing exciting game (when Ennis and Beal were here) no one was wishing them well. Just stop pretending your issues with Perth are about anything other than yourself.

Reply #624853 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

I'm a Cats fan and I'm not shocked at the hate ...we've been clearly the most dominant team in the history of the competition and we have not done this with a mob of shrinking violets either.

We've had numerous big personalities Redhage, Fisher, Vlahov etc, we have a hostile home crowd and we've stopped a lot of seriously talented teams in their tracks when it comes to finals.

I embrace the hate .....hoping we can start a new chapter in the Book of Spite this play off series.

Reply #624858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^ The delusion continues.

I'm actually from Perth and a Wildcats fan! So it's not "outside" or "eastern" hate. I gave up my season membership towards the end of Bevo's tenure because the style was so appauling, which has continued under Gleeson. But most at the games are sheep who have no idea about the sport and are there for entertainment which equals wins. So be it but don't deny the brand of basketball is downright appauling.

I now prefer to watch NBL between any two teams on TV other than the sludgeball bump hack and grind of the Cats.

Reply #624881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only delusion here is you trying to convince 13,000 people that they're all sheep and you're the only one who can see that its supposedly boring basketball. Its clear you don't even come close to speaking for everyone so maybe quit while you're behind.

Reply #624890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm talking about the non-Wildcats fans not the 13,000 who go to games in Perth (the sheep). Of course most people no matter what the product is like will attend their home town team's games if they are winning which the Cats are. Anyone outside of Perth however share my view and that is who I am speaking for. Learn to comprehend before replying to me next time.

Reply #624930 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:39 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754