mat
Years ago

goorj not keen on united any longer

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/goorj-wont-take-on-united/

Boti reporting that goorj no longer wants the job. looking at vickerman as the top man.
IMO why not give kelly a go or go and get Shawn dennis. The guy did wonders in townsville with no money. imagine what he can get out of united.

Topic #40846 | Report this topic

Air Delay  
Years ago

Vickers, Kelly or Dennis would all do a great job! This season has shown that investment in a quality coach had been more valuable than investing a big $ roster.

Reply #624348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would some of the top seabl coaches every get a chance?

Reply #624367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of the bottom ones have been given a chance, e.g. Gaze.

Reply #624368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This means Goorj is a lock. Boti has NFI, his final disgrace being the six-year old racism claim.

Reply #624383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goorj will never think about coaching Mel Utd as long as Vince Crivelli is the GM!

Reply #624384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the beef between Crivelli and Goorjian?

Reply #624386 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Yeah Boti's predictions have either missed or got beaten to the punch lately by the young and upcoming journos like Olgun.

Reply #624387 | Report this post

mat  
Years ago

yeah i wanna know about the crevelli v goorj statement. Is there a beef we do not know about??????

olgun has been pretty spot on lately too!

Reply #624391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I respect Boti for his longevity as a journalist for the NBL and even pre-NBL plus his passion. Every other journalist covers NBL for a few seasons then moves on, screw them. But ouch he has been so off the mark lately that he's like the player who is playing that extra season with no game left.

Reply #624393 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I disagree. He reports the info that's out there, and sometimes it changes. Sometimes a deal falls through or another team snipes the target player. His network of sources would be unparalleled after so long in the business.

I think people massively underestimate what goes into traditional journalism in terms of legal understanding and proactive chasing of sources.

Reply #624411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not many like Crivelli is the beef.

Reply #624412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goorjian was never coming back to Melbourne, a year to run on his contract and things are just too good in China for him.

I heard Crivelli stuffed up contract negotiations last time after they had an in principal agreement. Those that know Crivelli and his track record will not be surprised in any way.

Reply #624415 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Hire Shawn Dennis.

Reply #624544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did I hear correctly on today's telecast his wife and kid lives in Melbourne, that would be a big incentive to sign.

Reply #624648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes. Most people here know that. So United gig or HC in China you figure it out dumbass

Reply #624653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goorgian is coaching the Chinese National team in 2018, thats the main reason why he's not coming back.

How many finals have Dennis made?

Mike kelly, he's not strong enough to be a head coach. (inside word)

Give it to Vickerman, He's won a championship

Reply #624661 | Report this post

Tood  
Years ago

Whoever, coaches them need to restructure the team, too many players have the same skill sets. Also, they need to run an offense with more freedom and movement. Plus they need to improve rebounding and their defense.

Reply #626323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would find it remarkable if Vickerman leaves the Kings after one season.

Reply #626326 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Isaac's post is on point

Reply #626329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vickerman was the long time assistant to Westover after he was long time assistant to L Gaze so going home to Melbourne is remarkable how?

Reply #626330 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754