G3 Friday February 24th-Cairns Taipans vs Perth Wildcats IF REQUIRED

Topic #40852 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

Odd that there's no Saturday games.

Reply #624578 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Well, that screws up my theory that Adelaide and Illawarra could meet in the final.

Really is amazing that these four would get there, should be fun...

Reply #624584 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Reply #624587 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Get the feeling that could be a Hawks Taipans gf. Would not mind that if 6ers cannot regroup. Cats coming good at right time too. Interesting week or two ahead.

Reply #624590 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Everyone bar the 36ers going into the Finals with good wins...

Reply #624603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fox had a Saturday game scheduled provisionally but...

There is no Saturday game because Perth Arena hosts Human Nature on that night and the turnaround to get the arena ready for basketball by noon on the following Sunday is too narrow. So Taipans-Wildcats series Friday-Sunday was changed to Friday-Monday.

Therefore Game 2 of the other series between Sixers-Hawks was moved from Saturday to Sunday to accommodate a game for free to air on TV for their timeslot. Originally Thursday-Saturday now is Thursday-Sunday.

Human Nature are even lamer now!

Reply #624609 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Pretty sure they could have got the Arena ready for noon Sunday. Although I wouldn't have been able to go if they did, so I'm certainly not complaining.

But there's also no Saturday game the second week, with games on Thursday and Friday instead.

Reports on Twitter no games scheduled for Saturdays during the grand final, either.

Reply #624618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah but the Adel fans are talking about it doesn't matter. Last 4 games at 0-4 going into any final series is crap to me.

Reply #624620 | Report this post

BOL  
Years ago

Taipans are looking the goods to me

Reply #624629 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

If anyone preseason tipped 36ers and Cairns to be top two you would have had them certified. Just hope 6ers can seize the moment. Sobey needs to play like he did all season. He has been way off the last few weeks. If he does not recapture his form 6ers will get swept.

Reply #624656 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

I think Sobey has spent too much time studying CG43....and has emulated even his bad traits :P

Reply #624692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

koberulz

Next Saturday was the only Saturday Fox was able to schedule NBL on, and due to Human Nature/Perth Arena predicament it wasn't to be.

The Saturday after is when NRL, Super Rugby start so there is no more room on Saturdays for NBL.

Reply #624725 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Do we think $3.00 is good value for the Sixers to win it all?

Reply #624775 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

From a market perspective, no Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or NZ probably hurts. I wonder how much coverage this finals series will receive.

With that said, 36ers v Hawks and Taipans v Wildcats could present two seriously awesome series.

Hawks sort of have the wood over Adelaide but the 36ers can absolutely fire. There are also memories of that infamous match from 2001...

Taipans and Wildcats have had epic match after epic match and if Jawai can cause trouble then I cannot wait to see this be fought out in the clutch because these guys like playing down to the wire.

Reply #625114 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Can we start the finals already!!!!

Reply #625123 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:58 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754