SC6017
Years ago

Grand Final Schedule

Hi All,

Just a quick one, if both semi finals get wrapped up in 2 games, does the NBL historically move the GF forward? or will both teams be rewarded with a weeks break?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Topic #40864 | Report this topic

hawky  
Years ago

What are the dates at present of the GF?

Reply #624915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game 1 is on February 27, with the series concluding on or before March 12 (Game 5).

Reply #624916 | Report this post

SC6017  
Years ago

Cheers Anon,

Any ideas on the format? Given a 5 game series?

H-A-H-A-H ?

Reply #624917 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aint we playen 2 at home , then 2 away , then decider at home

Reply #624920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is H-A-H-A-H with the following dates:

Game 1 Mon Feb 27
Game 2 ?
Game 3 Sun Mar 5
Game 4 ?
Game 5 Sun Mar 12

Subject to change due to venue availability.

Someone please fill in the gaps.

Reply #624921 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Wow lucky it's not a Perth/NZ Grand Final again. Imagine having to do that trip 5 times under a fortnight.

Reply #624923 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I'm kind of disappointed it isn't, just because that would be hilarious to watch. And might convince the NBL to schedule things properly next year.

Reply #624933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

H-A-H-A-H is "properly".

Reply #624936 | Report this post

SC6017  
Years ago

H-A-H-A-H whether its "properly" is subjective.

Surely a H-H-A-A-H would've been in the best interest of the players and provide for a better quality game?

Regardless I'm happy they've brought back the 5 game series. Will be interesting to see how well teams adjust game after game.

Reply #624944 | Report this post

Bobby  
Years ago

Needs to be a war. Should be HHAAH. Friday Saturday Friday Saturday then Friday.

Reply #624945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Firday Saturday lol.... this isn't 1988 when they used to play the old Friday-Sunday H-H legs of the A-H-H format due to expensive airfares.

Reply #624989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game 1 Mon Feb 27
Game 2 Wed Mar 1
Game 3 Sun Mar 5
Game 4 Wed Mar 8
Game 5 Sun Mar 12

Reply #625678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here it is ^^^^

Reply #627389 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

This is from the email I received from the Wildcats last night - note the uncertainty of game 1

game one will be held on Sunday 26 February or Monday 27 February.

Grand Final game two will be held on Thursday 2 March.

Grand Final game three will be held on Sunday 5 March.

Game four (if required) will be held on Friday 10 March.

Game five (if required) will be held on Sunday 12 March.

Reply #627394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game 1 uncertainty is due to Sixers venue issues I believe.

Reply #627396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Titanium is booked on 27 Feb & 5 Mar. That's why now they are saying "or 26 Feb" for Game 1.

On Mar 5 Titanium is also booked out. NBL wouldn't budge on the date when Sixers asked for it to be changed to Mar 4 so it seems like Adl Entertainment Centre will have to be used.

Obviously these problems go away if Hawks win.

Reply #627438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wtf is with Wildcats members presale ending before we even know when/where the games are?

Reply #627441 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

^ I have to agree - that is dumb

Reply #627442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"wtf is with Wildcats members presale ending before we even know when/where the games are?"

Game 1 will either be in Perth on the 27th, or in Perth on the 2nd of March.

Reply #627443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Game 1 will either be in Perth on the 27th, or in Perth on the 2nd of March."

Yeah we know the possible dates, but it's not locked in yet what one will actually be at Perth. Considering you're buying a ticket to something, you'd want to know when you're buying it for. Personally won't matter for me really, but lots of peoples availability and ability to go would depend on the date.

Reply #627446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they waited until Friday morning to start members presale, they'd have a day or two to finish that, then a day or two to sell the rest of the tickets. Yes this is unusual but there is a method to their madness.

Reply #627447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah I know why they've done it due to the short turn around time, but it's still a pretty dumb idea imo

Reply #627454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is waiting until friday morning!

Reply #627455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Adelaide make it then their Thurs-Sun turnaround is going to suck for ticket sales especially since Adelaideans will be in lame "savings mode" for Game 3 and a potential Game 5. Tricky.

Reply #627456 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

"On Mar 5 Titanium is also booked out. NBL wouldn't budge on the date when Sixers asked for it to be changed to Mar 4 so it seems like Adl Entertainment Centre will have to be used."

Is Adelaide Entertainment Centre bigger than Titanium? Not sure on the number of members for the 36ers, but would they all fit?

Reply #627458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Titanium is around 8K, AEC is 10K? Only 2K more but what would really hurt is losing home arena feel.

Reply #627459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We have 3 memberships. All 3 of us can go if game 1 is a Perth home game, but only 2 of us can go if game 2 is. So are we supposed to buy 2 or 3 tickets?

Would make more sense imo if members presale was open until midday Friday, and then opening the general public sales. That would still give over 48 hours for the general public to buy their tickets which is plenty of time. While giving a members a short window to know the finalised date before deciding if they buy theirs or not.

Reply #627467 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

^^

I would phoning every friend/family member to see if they can be on standby should we get a home Game 2...

Reply #627468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Buy 3 and give the third away/sell it you cant make it.

Reply #627472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the scenarios aren't certain yet but they insist you buy now surely there should be a refund mechanism in place. But no let's just put it on the members...

Reply #627474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you buy your tickets now but aren't able to make the game, I'll buy your seats off you as long as you stop your friggen whinging about it!

Reply #627475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"But no let's just put it on the members..."

I'm surprised the members are the ones copping a disadvantage in all this. Considering the majority of the crowd would likely be members, you'd think they'd want to please them the most.

I wonder if it will backfire at all with a large number of members not committing until knowing the dates, then deciding not to buy tickets when they miss out on their discounted reserved members seats.

Reply #627476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I wonder if it will backfire at all with a large number of members not committing until knowing the dates"

They know the dates!!! Its really not hard to work out. Can you go on either the 27th or the 2nd? If yes, then buy your ticket!

Reply #627479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"They know the dates!!! Its really not hard to work out. Can you go on either the 27th or the 2nd? If yes, then buy your ticket!"

I'll be getting mine. What I mean is if some can't go on the 2nd but can on the 27th, they might decide not to commit to buying a ticket yet in case the game is on the 2nd and they wouldn't be able to go. If it ends up being on the 27th and they didn't commit already, they would have missed out on their pre-sale discounted members seat and maybe decide to just not go.

Could backfire for them if a large number of people did that.

Reply #627481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm going to guess a large number of the members dont have unbreakable arrangements for Monday or Thursday night next week.

Reply #627482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They could since those days aren't regular days for NBL in Perth.

Reply #627483 | Report this post

stackhouse  
Years ago

If the 36ers win tomorrow, Game 1 will be on Sunday. Otherwise Perth on Monday.

Reply #627677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I already said that above stackhouse. Why repeat the obvious lol..

Reply #627691 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:51 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754