Anonymous
Years ago

Newley and Cadee off to Greece

Both on short term contracts in Greece. 2 clubs. AEK Athens and Kymis B.C. respectively. Emailed from the Kings.
"Cadee will conclude his Greek stint by the middle of April while it is expected Newley's commitment in Greece will end around the end of May. Both players will return to Australia shortly thereafter. The Kings pre-season training begins on July 31st."

Topic #40879 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck getting paid.

Reply #625276 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

I believe D.A is off to Italy also

Reply #625280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

See there is incentive for NBL players to not make playoffs. Need to go back to a slightly longer season to end of March like it used to be.

Reply #625283 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Well turns out D.A will be present on another type of court

http://www.sportando.com/en/italy/serie-a/226092/david-andersen-turns-down-scandone-avellino-s-proposal.html

Reply #625305 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

See there is incentive for NBL players to not make playoffs. Need to go back to a slightly longer season to end of March like it used to be.
You're right, we should force them to play the entire season in Europe instead.

Reply #625339 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Playing in a league over there will do Cadee the world of good, instead of bumming around Bankstown courts with his mates...

Reply #625368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will do him good but other than the top 4/6 teams the rest are no better than the Nbl. It'll be interesting to see how he goes.
Newely has gone to one of the big Greek sides, hope he doesn't come back to knackered

Reply #625405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"You're right, we should force them to play the entire season in Europe instead."

Correct, either that or entire season in Australia.

Reply #625466 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

The fact that our league ends earlier brings more talent to our shores than almost any other reason. Your idea that it somehow makes players want to tank the end of their season to miss the playoffs is completely illogical and unfounded.

Reply #625468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They may not try as hard, not outright tank. Never said tank. Also our season is super short for a pro league. Was better when it ended in April.

Reply #625469 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

It's super short because there are only 8 teams. You can only reasonably play 8 teams against eachother so many times. Towards the end of the season I got a bit sick of it all, and it's only now that the real shit is here that my interest has piqued.

Reply #625472 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:57 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754