AK-47
Years ago

Sixers players suffering illness?

Got a message today saying that a bug has run through the Sixers camp and some players are legitimately in doubt for tomorrows game. Anything to this? Anybody heard anything?

Topic #40883 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here come the excuses. Team in Poor form, and looking for something to hang their hat on. Can finish on top, win all the league awards they want, be favorites, means nothing come game day. Just ask GS Warriors.

GO HAWKS.

PS who is guarding Forman? Adelaide have proven they cannot guard the perimeter with stretch bigs.

Reply #625381 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

+1

If Bevo uses him correctly, Oscar could tear them 6ers apart. Fingers crossed. lol

Reply #625382 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

It's funny, because that's exactly the response Joey gave.
He said that come Thursday, none of that will matter, they will be ready to go.

Reply #625383 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Anonymous,

Most of your post doesn't really deserve a response but I'll bite on the only legitimate part. I think Creek will guard Forman on the perimeter. I think if the Hawks expose Adelaide at the 4 we'll be forced to go smaller and play Creek there.

Reply #625384 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Deng is another option for Forman. Long enough to try and stop shots.

That said, remember that Forman has played fairly few minutes this season, though I hope Bevo noticed how effective that Clarke-Forman two-man setup was last game and tries it a lot more.

Reply #625386 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That's really bad timing

Reply #625387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is there a bug or not? No one was able to clarify just started rebutting a Hawks fan? Doesn't matter what you try and do on oscar, he has been doing it too well for too long. If he is on, he will get open. He will drop 3s you have to make the others beat you.

Reply #625388 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Isaac got any inside knowledge on how to put your bro off his game?

Reply #625390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Threaten to tell mum that he was smoking.

Reply #625392 | Report this post

Dazzamaniac  
Years ago

Wildcats are the still the underdogs no matter how sick the league leading, 'inor premiership winning, MVP, coach of the year and most improved player having Sixers are.

Reply #625393 | Report this post

Fundingsland  
Years ago

It was on the news last night that 3 guys are suffering from colds

Joey said they will all be playing

Reply #625394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey had the sniffles for a few days after he got ejected recently. Boti tried to warm him up with a bowl of hot bullshit soup so hopefully he is over his illness.

Reply #625395 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

lol at all this talk that Oscar will be the one to stop. To stop him being effective is simple.

1. When he sets pick and rolls he will always pop to 3 point line so the defender just has to stay with him and other players have to be ready to rotate onto the guy with the ball if required.

2. If he is on the wing and someone drives middle the defender can't help out (must stay at home on him). The rest of the players have to rotate.

3. If he gets the ball at 3 point line assume he is going to shoot it, so put a hand up immediately and make him put it on the floor. He is average at driving. If he does drive don't bail him out by fouling him.

Joey knows this and will instruct his team these things. They did it effectively well in the 3rd game they played.

On the offensive end go at him EVERY TIME as he is a poor defender. Don't settle for fade away shots over him, instead take it straight into him. It will be a possible easy score or he will foul.

Clarke is the one the Sixers need to be worried about.

Reply #625400 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

The fact that Adelaide are getting some over the heat usually directed at the Cats this time of year make me feel like we have achieved something...

Reply #625401 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Agreed, Clarke will be the trouble maker

Reply #625403 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

In the article about it after yesterday's training I think it said DJ & Drmic didn't train and that was why Drmic left the NBL Awards night early and Creek excepted his award for him.

Reply #625406 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

accepted

Reply #625407 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Yep...DJ & Drmnic under a cloud with gastro/food poisoning.

Reply #625409 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Hodgson too. Though less severe.

Reply #625426 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Isaac got any inside knowledge on how to put your bro off his game?
Nothing that every coach and player in the league wouldn't already know and try. Hope he doesn't get hot, and try to draw fouls. With the latter, if he's only playing 5-10 minutes, the option might be limited and foul trouble is less likely to be an issue.

Reply #625434 | Report this post

Boomers fan  
Years ago

Randle whinging about the Hawks being dirty, the 36ers Twitter account sending some smug messages to the Hawks, an alleged sickness permeating through the camp - don't really like what i'm hearing from the Hawks.

Would not surprise me one bit if the Hawks knocked them off. Reminds me of when Melbourne United came into last years playoffs, thinking they were borderline unbeatable.

Reply #625441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

worrying signs for Adelaide fans that the team is already preparing the excuses

Reply #625443 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Boomers fan "Would not surprise me one bit if the Hawks knocked them off."

It shouldn't be a surprise anyway as the league is so tight any team could come out on top.

Reply #625444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ exactly right Brunson.

Reply #625445 | Report this post

I don't think they're excuses as such, it doesn't seem like it's all a fabrication. Drmic was at the awards but left when he came down crook and he couldn't even accept his award. Maybe I'm naive, but it seems legit.

Probably shouldn't have ordered the Sweet n' Sour Hawk.

Reply #625448 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Why are they excuses if they are legit and half the league saw it...FFS some people just hate for the sake of hating!

Reply #625452 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Don't think the twitter messages are smug as much as a bit of banter to get some interaction going on a platform that we have all complained doesn't get used enough?

Reply #625455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a 36er fan and I'm not making any excuses. Not this time of year, nice try at the antogonising though.

Reply #625465 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

People do get sick. Drmic has very obviously and clearly been sick. There are no excuses being made. I am very sure the team actually wants to win. I expect they will play, play well, and beat Wollongong tomorrow night. Talk of the contrary is idiocy.

Reply #625470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ME, haters gonna hate at this stage of season.

Reply #625499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So many people coming out the woodwork with "Sixers gunna lose" this week. Obviously just trying to get a rise out of Sixer nation.

Reply #625500 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The way I see it, the Sixers might lose. Either that or they will win.

Anyone who believes they have the power of perfect prediction in this topsy-turvy season is trolling.

Reply #625505 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Probably caught the bug off each other with all that group stage invading they did for every INDIVIDUAL award at the awards night.

Starting to come across as a bunch of tools. Where I was once a bit of a fan of this team and what Joey has done with them I now just hope they get smashed.

Reply #625534 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

I should have said overly cocky tools.

Might be wrong, probably am but that's how they have come across to me of late.

Reply #625536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fstos, you sound bitter. Were you not asked to go up on stage aswell? Geez it's about team unity and this team which started out being predicted to finish bottom by myself included is now on the doorsteps of greatness. Good luck to them, it's really just forum posts like that from fstos that show the tool factor. How pathetic.

Reply #625539 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Serious. All the Randle BS about Hawks thugs, the over the top homie act at the awards and just other little things.

All I said is that they come across to me as overly cocky. I liked them a lot more when they were just playing their arses and overachieving.

Said I am probably wrong but my perception is that I now don't like them as much as I used too. Bitter....not nearly...hoping my Hawks smash them.....a hell of a lot more than I would have a few months ago.

Reply #625543 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

So what your saying is you liked them before they were being successful :P

OMG - 36ers have become the new Wildcats hehe.

Reply #625544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fstos i didn't realise you were a Hawks fan. Less butter and more fan emotion I get it a bit more now. All good, I for one hated the like of James ennis because he was so damn good and so damn in the spotlight, basically i was just hating on a superstar because he wasn't my superstar. Jeromes homie routine is more about an African American not loving the spotlight on him unless he is on a basketball court. He did say much at all that was over the top on that stage.

And Xy agree both series will be so tight hard to pick a winner, but gut says adelaide has been waiting impatiently for this stuff to start so hope they click back into gear.

Reply #625546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FSTOS = Fan since the old Snakepit

Reply #625547 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Randle is sick.What's Randle trying to achieve by saying the Hawks are a dirty team.I'm sure they play the game no harder than other teams like Perth and Cairns.I think he just likes to get under there skin but the Hawks should just say to him no worries Ant Man.I remember when he first came into the league last year Homicide Williams asked him if he liked the nickname Ant Man and he said he hates it.If Randle is on the floor the closest Hawk should step on Ant Man and squash him then he can call them dirty.

Reply #625548 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Good to see a team other than Perth getting drilled! It's playoffs time, what do you expect is going to happen, it ain't netball season is it? Time for teams to play with a bit of nuts.

Reply #625563 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Yep, the banter is almost as good as the games :P

Hope the 6ers are swept!

Reply #625570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL is definitely made more interesting by our online community of special people.

Reply #625572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers swept and Perff lose too!

Reply #625580 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

DJ & Hodgson both trained today, Drmic the only one still struggling now.

Reply #625587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So after all the whining and moaning at adelaide being a good basketball team
And all, zodiac finally gives some actual info in relation to the thread! That's great news in the scheme of it, hopefully drimic is able to contribute come game time, but worst case the major contributors sound like they will be ready!

Reply #625595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure what the big deal about this mystery illness is. The women in my office all have their periods synched so its no surprise its happened in the Sixers camp.

Reply #625601 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

^^^ PMSL

Quality sledge from Anon!

Reply #625605 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:49 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754