Anonymous
Years ago

Long-form story on Jerome Randle

'No love': How Jerome Randle survived Chicago, and found Adelaide

Link: http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nbl/no-love-how-jerome-randle-survived-chicago-and-found-adelaide/news-story/05323c3f7980f6ff8ddbe20b9247e541

Topic #40888 | Report this topic

Dave  
Years ago

Good read

Reply #625611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard Jerome wants a three year deal with Adelaide. It's pretty rare to give an import a long term deal. Is it worth it?

Reply #625612 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

If he wants 10, give it to him.

Reply #625613 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Also, where did you hear that?

Reply #625614 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I'd give him a 3 year deal...he's a proven star in this League and worth a lot more than just wins.

Reply #625615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great work:-) Thanks Olgun.

Reply #625617 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Thanks for the link OP. Good insight into his past and his dream of making it.

He'll be 30 this year so a 3 year contract is a no brainer. He'll still be tearing up the NBL at 33. I'm wondering how he feels of his chances in the NBA after Yogi Ferrell got a 2 year deal with the Mavs. Randle has always put up ok numbers during the summer leagues.

Reply #625625 | Report this post

It'll be interesting to see if he gets any interest after this season with all the scouts that have been milling around. If he wants to stay in Adelaide though, I'd want to try to make that happen for sure. Worthwhile investment on and off the court.

Reply #625626 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Magnificent story.

What a legend. Lucky to have him in this league.

Reply #625627 | Report this post

WTF !!  
Years ago

there's no doubt that Randle has found all the love you could want here in australia

Reply #625636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great recruiting by Joey. Unlike most of the other NBL coaches who are flogs at it.

Imagine at least one Randle calibre import per team.

Reply #625637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quality article written by Olgun, unlike most of the trash journalists churning out boring and basic half-arsed NBL articles.

Reply #625648 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Imagine at least one Randle calibre import per team.
I don't think you have to do much imagining.

Randle
Cotton
Ware
Clarke
Dillard

Trice
Craig
Lisch (now naturalised) or Blake if he had been better

Trice not too far off the pace. Brisbane will no doubt try to improve on Beal, otherwise Craig is entertaining. Sydney showed their intentions with Blake and Powell, and you'd expect them to give it another crack next season.

There were a fair few 'role player or below' level imports, but definitely some great ones too.

Reply #625671 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Wasn't he under a 3 year deal already?/

Reply #625935 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

There was talk of it but I think it's officially only a 1 year deal.

Reply #625941 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:02 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754