Sydney Uni Flames v Adelaide Lightning - 19:00
Townsville Fire v UC Capitals - 19:00
Melbourne Boomers v Bendigo Spirit - 19:30

Sun:
Bendigo Spirit v Perth Lynx - 15:00

Topic #40892 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

The start of this round totally caught me off guard. Canberra too, by the looks of it. Maybe they were looking past Adelaide in their quest to get to the playoffs. Whatever it was, they blew it tonight.
Ciabattoni, Hodges & Planeta all with big games to upset the home team and end their season.

So the top 4 is now set, but positions are up for grabs.

Reply #625835 | Report this post

new yoga pants  
Years ago

Planeta in awesome form the last couple of weeks

Reply #625841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The off season for the lightning will be interesting to see if Lucas can back up his promise of recruiting back some of the SA talent spread across the league.

Reply #625928 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Rangers vs Lynx tips off in around 20 minutes.
#2 spot is up for grabs today. (Perth would secure it with a win; the Rangers would give themselves a shot at it with a win)

Reply #626245 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Well this is certainly not going to plan for Perth.
Terrible D, sloppy ball use, poor shooting ... down 20 at half time! :O
Credit to the Rangers of course. They have come out meaning business from the opening tip.

Reply #626265 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

If Perth loses both games will there be a finals game in Perth?

When will that game be? I want to prepare my schedule for it.

Reply #626271 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Semi finals are 3 game series this season so yes there will be a game in Perth regardless.
If Perth finish 3rd or 4th I think our home game will be on Friday March 3rd.

Reply #626273 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Lynx blow it in Bendigo!
That hands 2nd spot to the Rangers.

Reply #626542 | Report this post

Boomers fan  
Years ago

Like Groundhog Day, another competitive loss for the Boomers. Yawn. Hopefully they're now talking to any female basketballer with ability that's 6'2 or taller.

Reply #626890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watching boomers end of season/last game interview with Molloy and Cole their interesting fact was they have a special hand shake ... Molloy then gave another more significant fact Cole is the ONLY player that has remained with him and the team since it became Melbourne Boomers..... That's quite some players he's gone through in four seasons
Perhaps they need to start looking for another coach as well as players though with him contracted for another three years I expect the only ones they will get will be imports and with the limited budget that might be a big ask

Reply #626921 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

To be fair to Molloy the roster he signed on to was stacked with younger talented players like Jarry, Allen, Madgen and Romeo who have since headed over to Europe (I'd say Allen and Jarry wouldn't have gone to SEQ first had they not thrown so much cash at them). In saying that though I do think it is quite alarming that only Cole has remained from the 13/14 season - and adding to that, Cole and Liv Thompson are the only 2 to remain from the 14/15 season.

At least he has acknowledged the fact that they need a genuine big and it seems like they will pursue one in the offseason.

Reply #626952 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:51 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754