Anonymous
Years ago

SF1 Game 3 36ers v Hawks Feb 23rd

So it's do or die.

Winner faces Perth in the GF.

36ers $1.40 Hawks $2.90

Waiting on any updates re: AJ suspension for the leg grab. Any news?

Topic #40919 | Report this topic

Al  
Years ago

Adelaide will win. Bevo will choke

Reply #627267 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Updates re: suspension? I suggest you don't hold your breath for that.

Reply #627272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are the refs for this game?

Reply #627275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide by 20

Reply #627280 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Adelaide by 10, Oscer and the bench need to fire for Illawarra to keep this close but Adelaide will be to strong I think

Reply #627282 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

Adelaide to win by a joey KO to the coaching staff.

Literally

Reply #627285 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

No way Aj will get suspended,only a small fine if that.I think if it was dealt with on court nothing happens.Yes i know it should of been a tech but nbl wanted Hawks to win this series so Perth host game 1,3 and 5 in the G/F.I hope NBL gives us Maybery and Aylen.There the best that don't do makeup calls.No Reed,Beattie or Townsend please.They think there the stars of the show by blowing the pea out of the whistle.

Reply #627361 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Hawks by 3

Reply #627362 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Sixers win by 14 or if it is tight I see Hawks winning by 7. This will be because some Sixers players will seize up whilst other players will go into desperate mode and forget about playing team ball.

Two things I want the Sixers to incorporate into their game early.

1. GET BACK ON DEFENSE! In both games (and other games against Hawks) Hawks are pushing the ball up court while our bigs are just casually getting back satisfied with the player they are guarding (No threat to score) is covered. This then puts our defense under pressure causing them to foul (e.g. Sobey last game) or the other team getting easy scores and giving them confidence. I understand we are trying to take them out of their normal offensive game by disrupting them but at least make an effort to get back when they have beaten the full court press.

2. Make Coenraad a defensive priority! Averaging 21 points per game over the 2 games. He has hit 9 out of 14 3's at 64%! He has 2 assist total (both in the last game). He is looking to score every time so be ready for it and hand up to his 3! Creek is the key to stopping him.

Reply #627375 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Adelaide is a young team about to crack under pressure.The Hawks are the underdogs which suits them fine and Rotnei is due to explode by having a blinder.I know the Hawks are an allround better team.Adelaide rely on Ant man Randle,Johnson and Sobey to do all there scoring and if Hawks shut two of them down like they did in the Gong it will be the same result.Sobey only got about nine points and Randle shot eight from twenty-three,even i can score twenty points taking twenty-three shots.

Reply #627485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"even i can score twenty points taking twenty-three shots."

In the NBL? No you can't.

Reply #627487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be a great game, wouldn't be surprised if Hawks can win it. Adelaide seem a lot less threatening when you consider they've won just 1 of their last 6 games. Part of what made them so threatening towards the end of the season was the momentum and cohesion they had as a side. That momentum and confidence that was so deadly for them seems to have faded now.

Reply #627491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide to dominated the boards just like Game one which will give them the decisive edge.

Reply #627506 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

I will get twenty points with twenty three shots and all i have to do is post up Ant man Randle in the paint.EASSSSY.My son who is fourteen and a bit taller than ant man will easily do it.

Reply #627523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnson, probably best you lay off the Kool Aid for a while. You're delusional.

Reply #627535 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Only one thing is a certainty in this game, Sobey will flop.

Reply #627567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnson with his usual NBL conspiracies lmao

Reply #627636 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Andy...your comment is a flop!

Reply #627649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why? Sobey is the worst flopper in the league. Funny how the "biggest blight on the game" is no longer an issue now that Sobey has become the worst performer.

Reply #627650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop hating. He plays hard and only takes what the refs give him, hate the nbl not the player. Going to be a cracker tomorrow starting to get very excited, think adelaide win and win easily, and the idea of Perth losing a title to adelaide in adelaide makes me so happy.

Reply #627653 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think you can hate on people for flopping, regardless of whether the rules are lenient or refs miss calls. And Drmic is worse than Sobey.

Will be a great game, wouldn't be surprised if Hawks can win it. Adelaide seem a lot less threatening when you consider they've won just 1 of their last 6 games. Part of what made them so threatening towards the end of the season was the momentum and cohesion they had as a side. That momentum and confidence that was so deadly for them seems to have faded now.
I think Adelaide could blow it out. They won G1 easily and were looking good in G2 before going stone cold in the last 5 minutes. Randle played a bit of heroball in that period which didn't work out well.

Reply #627659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Stop hating. He plays hard and only takes what the refs give him, hate the nbl not the player"

How do you feel when a Perth player flops?

Reply #627661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

adelaide by 20+

Reply #627665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel like the only reason they do it is because the nbl allowed guys like Redhage to make a career out of it years ago. It sucks, it's ugly on the eye but it is what it is at this point. So I just take it in its stride...

Reply #627669 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Hawks to win, then a Red/black team to win the GF

Reply #627674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I feel like the only reason they do it is because the nbl allowed guys like Redhage to make a career out of it years ago. It sucks, it's ugly on the eye but it is what it is at this point. So I just take it in its stride... "

That is Redhage's legacy now. Making our league floptastic. Selfish prick.

Reply #627693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you think Redhage invented flopping then you have not been following the NBL for very long.

Reply #627696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well obviously.

But he brought in a new dawn.

Ridiculous amount of flops that the refs overlooked which created the modern trend.

Reply #627697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is no worse than any Goorjian era team, most notably his Kings teams featuring Wortho, Sav, Smith, Kendall, Crosswhite and Hinder. That is the Flop Hall of Fame on one team!

Reply #627698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are nothing compared to the Cats of today.

Reply #627700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does Bevo move Clarke into the starting 5? For me, the only way the Hawks win is Rot going off for 25+ and I think that means getting him going early.

Reply #627712 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Almost want sixers to win after paying for 2 grandinal tickets to the first game in Perth even as a member it's gone up from the semi.

Reply #627793 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The grand final is always more expensive than the semi finals. Why wouldn't it be?

Reply #627796 | Report this post

PH  
Years ago

""even i can score twenty points taking twenty-three shots."

In the NBL? No you can't"
Ignoring free-throws, 20 points would take a maximum of 10 shots, which would be 43.5%. That's not bad clip, and no, very few of us could achieve that in the NBL.

Even if you were bombing and hit 7 triples, that would still be over 30% from outside which isn't too shabby.

If I could hit 20 points in any league, I'd still be playing. LOL

Back on topic, as a Wildcats fan I am selfishly hoping for the Hawks to win.
What are their chances?

Why does Bevo start Rotnei on the bench?
What can he possibly try?

Cairns did a reasonable job of shutting down Cotton in the last game. Is there any way to limit Randle?

Reply #627797 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Sobey is easily the biggest flopper in the league now.
His game has developed to insane levels in the post season. That shit he pulled the last game at the 3 point line was incredible.

For tomorrows clash, I'm predicting bulk flops from Sobey, Randle to wow us all with his hero ball and the 6ers to still win by plenty.

Reply #627809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the team over the illness now?

There was something going around last week and Drmic wasn't 100%.

Reply #627812 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I am not as confident of a win here now as I was before Sunday. This is going to be tight but you'd think Adelaide would hobble over the line in the end.

Also, assuming Adelaide makes the finals, if they start on Sunday, why are they having their MVP gala on Saturday night?

Reply #627900 | Report this post

PH  
Years ago

Should be a good game but I think you have to back Adelaide in at home.
I just hope that Bevo tries something different and goes down swinging

Reply #627913 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Hopefully Adelaide don't buy into Hawks basketbrawl and focus on their defence. If they get wrapped up in the niggling / ref bullshit, it'll be to their detriment.

I feel like Adelaide's high gear all stems from boards, blocks, boxing out and banging bodies in the paint. Take care of that, no hero-ball and the rest takes care of itself.

That said - nervous as.

Reply #627917 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think the Sixers will win by a comfortable margin say 9-10 points.

Reply #627921 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

No need to get political KET :-)

Reply #627926 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I'm nervous for this game

Reply #627930 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Hawks need AJ to step up. He has been slaughtered so far by the Adelaide bigs. If he and Kay can hold there own this gets close and the Hawks could pull off an upset.

Look I'm a Hawks supporter and maybe one eyed but I have watched enough games and have a decent knowledge of basketball to be reasonably objective IMO.

I really don't understand all the niggle dirty team crap. (I bagged AJ as much as the next bloke but his actions are that of a sook rather than a thug).

Do you guys just take in the crap Randle and Creek spew out or do you look yourself at what is happening.

White is probably as close to a hard man as any Hawk but most teams have this type of player. Drmic is probably starting to assume that role for the 6ers and in the past Paul Rees or Sapwell for example have been much loved by local fans while having similar roles.

Last game for example White burned Randle on the baseline to score. He then got straight in Randle's grill defensively without making ANY contact. Randle went off like a pork chop, pushed him off twice while screaming "don't fkn touch me". Somehow in the eyes of a few 36'ers supporters this was Whites fault.

Lets look at the Hawks team.

Norton Tough but not a dirty player.

White Tough and can be sent on a mission to antagonise players but rarely crosses the line IMO.

Harris (too soft IMO)

Kay Hardly a hitman. Skilled but way softer than all Adelaide bigs not named DJ.

AJ. Mentally weak at times and if things aren't rolling for him can make mental errors (stupid fouls,techs) that cost his team rather than hurt opponents.

Martin. Veteran but not even close to a dirty player.

Clarke. Poorish defender and certainly no thug.

Coenraad. Has improved defensively and again not a dirty player.

Forman. no explanation needed.

Ellis Holyfield. They will used their fouls to stop easy buckets. That's their role but they are not out their swinging elbows trying tom knock peoples heads off.

Again it's just Randle's BS. Look for yourself and then tell me I am wrong. Can't we just get on with should be a great game with the thugs tags.

Reply #627936 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

without the thugs tags.

Reply #627938 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

We will win. Dirty Hawks can enjoy their holiday wherever they're going. Hope Kevin White misses the plane.

Reply #627941 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Someone above mentioned no hero ball as a key to Adelaide winning. Is Randle not playing?

As I mentioned in another thread.
I expect bulk flops from Sobey, DJ to avoid the rough stuff in the paint, a decent smattering of hero ball from Randle and Adelaide to still win by plenty.

Looking forward to being wrong and a close game!

Reply #627942 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Randle won't play hero ball again like he did last game. Joey and the team are too smart to let that happen again and Randle is too good to be that stupid again.

Reply #627944 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

FSTOS I like your summary above of the team. I just think Randle labelled the team dirty cause he couldn't single out White. Hawks play hard on the defensive end. The only guy I think crosses the line is White. Guys like him are in every team and yes Paul Rees is a prime example of " if they're on your team it's all good " not happy with it but hey he gets away with it. While Drimic can niggle and harass to annoy every fan other than Adelaides I don't put him in Whites league. Whites elbow on Jacobson was pretty low, I play weekly and if someone did that to me I wouldn't accept it, don't know what Jacobson did beforehand though.

As a Sixer fan I know the Hawks aren't dirty, Randle obviously said it in the media to gets the refs ( and crowd, publics ) attention and had to say "the team" instead of mentioning White.

Hoping for a sick high scoring game tonight, love my Sixers and hope for a big win but also love the game and appreciate watching great players like Rotnei go to work.

Reply #627966 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Joaridran, Are you sure your from Adelaide? You sound like you understand basketball.

Reply #627970 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

FSTOS I agree with you. I think Randle was just playing the hype game before the series. It worked well, got plenty of media attention and hyped things up. All good for the NBL IMO.

I agree that Randle forced a few too many shots late in game two, but I think it was only partly his fault. This Sixers team wants to run, so Randle is doing the right thing by pushing the ball and attacking. The problem was, the guys out there with him didn't hustle and get down the floor with him! What he needed was someone to dish to or a Drmic or DJ trailing the break, waiting for the kickout for the open three!

Not too many adjustments required for the Sixers IMO. Their formula has been working, they just let game 2 slip. Just got to be mentally tough to close it out.

Reply #627971 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

I'll be cheering hard for Adelaide, so we can have home court :). But it will be in vain Adelaide will win by double figures.

They are young and have Randle who i don't believe the Hawks have anyone who can stop him, if he wants to take over.

Hawks are just a solid team, whilst Adelaide have different dynamics, Hawks bigs are all slow plodders Adelaide's have a bit of variety. Plus their man main AJ has been MIA.

Same with Hawks in the back court, no real athletic guard that can change it up like a Sobey. Clarke can fill it up if allowed, hasn't done so yet in this series, see no reason why he will do it tonight.

I hope i'm wrong for Wildcats sake though.

Reply #627972 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Haha yep, Adelaide my whole life. We are all fans of the game over here. If you go to a Sixers game the crowd does know exactly what's happening, we know when a guy is on 4 fouls for the game, team has 5 fouls for the quarter etc. we have a 100% passionate fan base that aren't at the game because it's cool, it's because we fucking love it.

You watch a Sydney or United game and when a player gets fouled while dribbling then passes to a team mate and he hits a 3, the uneducated fans from the bigger cities tend to scream like it's a made basket- won't get that in Adelaide. Whilst Perth may have 12,000 fans at a game - 8000 are educated fans and 4000 have no idea

Reply #627977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"If you go to a Sixers game the crowd does know exactly what's happening, we know when a guy is on 4 fouls for the game, team has 5 fouls for the quarter etc."

So you have a scoreboard and you know where its located...

Reply #627978 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Why would Perth get home court if Adelaide win? Was that a typo?

Reply #627980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It seems like he meant to say Illawarra.

Reply #627982 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Is NBL TV working for anyone. Mine has a half blank page on the live games screen

Reply #627983 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Casey & Harvs oh no Tommy Greer

Reply #627984 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

WADAPP!

HEEEEEERE'S TOMMY

Reply #627985 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

NBL TV working fine for me

Reply #627986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wabapp

Reply #627987 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Wow the barrage of whistles in the first minute... the refs are definitely not taking any BS with the home cooking.

Reply #627988 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Working now

Reply #627989 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

Yep Typo.

Hawks back court is reluctant to shoot, they have to get Clarke on, just so much Vanilla about Illawarra.

Reply #627990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exact same ref trio as PER-CNS on Monday.

Reply #627991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the stat at the bottom of the screen right. How can ADL & ILL only have met 52 times? Even disregarding pre-merger Adelaide sides. Seems low.

Reply #627993 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

Crowd is rather quiet

Reply #627994 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Absolutely pathetic Adelaide. Just awful. Where is Randle? Is he even playing? Done nothing.

Reply #627995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks looking good. 36ers look shocked, probably thought they just had to show up to win.

Reply #627996 | Report this post

Serballin  
Years ago

Randle got crossed the fuck up.

Reply #627997 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

I saw randle fall over a couple of times. Does that count as playing?

Reply #627998 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Sobey a little tight. Clarke breaking Randle's ankles and the knowledgeable crowd nice and quiet.

Martin having a great first quarter after being quiet in the first two games and Hawks sharing it around.

Long way to go but very happy with that.

Reply #627999 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Far out. Holyfield has terrible hands.

Reply #628000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go home now Adelaide. You guys clearly don't won't it.

Reply #628001 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

What happened to the volume :(

Reply #628002 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

"Hawks looking good. 36ers look shocked, probably thought they just had to show up to win"

According to most of their fans on here and Mitch Creek that's all they had to do.

Reply #628003 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Geez Sixers have some work to do

Reply #628004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Super soft call, get that shit out of here

Reply #628005 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

HIT YOUR FREE THROWS YOU HACKS

Reply #628006 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

If you're going to play this badly Jerome just piss off.

Reply #628007 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Hello Harris

Reply #628008 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Randle has been exposed defensively by bevo and the Hawks better than I've seen during his time in the NBL

Reply #628009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously sickers? You don't boo the injured guy. Knowledgable mabye, bad sports definitely.

Reply #628011 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Why is Harris the hack hitting shots?

Reply #628012 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Refs trying to help the chokers once again!

Reply #628013 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Cringe-worthy Adelaide. Just cringe-worthy. No defense whatsoever. It's embarrassing.

Reply #628014 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

oh dear Drmic...

Reply #628015 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

Home cooking and no Ogilvy and the Sixers still can't get it going.

Reply #628016 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Hahaha what a shit call but Drmic falls over too easy. Victim of his own bullshit

Reply #628017 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

Knowledgeable crowd booing obvious calls now

Reply #628018 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, Drmic must have been warned on the make when he fell... still a bad call on that 2nd three.

Reply #628019 | Report this post

Serballin  
Years ago

Update from dude with $20k on Adelaide??

Reply #628020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is just fantastic to watch. 36ers just absolutely crumbling.

Reply #628021 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

Sayonara Sixers. See you next year.

Reply #628022 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

I am disgusted in a game 3 GF qualifier at home this is how we turn up.

Pathetic. They don't deserve to win.

Reply #628023 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

I agree it was a shit call FSTOS. But he flopped on the previous possession. Was stupid to fall over again. The contact was definitely there. But not enough to fall over.

Reply #628024 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Rubbish call on Drimic, should have been three shots - but the way we are shooting free throws - it doesn't really matter

Reply #628025 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

On the positive side, at least this means the concerts won't cause Titanium scheduling conflicts if this keeps up.

Reply #628026 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Hawks 10+ easy money :P

Reply #628027 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

It was a bad call but when you fall over all the time like Drmic does it what you deserve.

now all the refs need to do is wise up on Sobey falling over or flailing his arms all the time.

Reply #628028 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Adelaide living up to its choker tag.

If you can't hit free throws you don't deserve to win.

If you can't defend you don't deserve to win.

If you make soft passes you don't deserve to win.

If you hesitate everytime in offence you don't deserve to win.

If you do all of those things, you won't win.

Reply #628029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks cheating, Harris been bluffing everyone all year lol.

Reply #628030 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Harris is a fraud.

Reply #628031 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Thugs putting points on the board. How do you get fifty + in a half by being dirty

Reply #628032 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

I have a terrible feeling Adelaide will get back into this, Hawks have been bad at maintaining leads this season.

Reply #628033 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

Big half by the Hawks can they maintain that, i certainly hope so.

Playing the zone has worked so far for the Hawks.

Reply #628034 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Andy. I have as well. Sixers get a roll and the momentum can change very quickly.

On the other hand if the Hawks hang on expect this thread to be 204536 post long and full of sack Joey posts.

Reply #628035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only the 1 turnover for the Hawks. Maybe 6ers should try defending? Might help, just a thought.

Reply #628036 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Only positive is we have played so bad but are somehow not that far behind. Get on a run and we can get back in it. Will be tough.

Reply #628037 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Joey whingeing about how the Hawks are allowed to play D. He really is a fwit isn't he. It OK to blab on to the press to attempt to influence the refs but to try to use that as an excuse when chatting to the commentary team beggars belief.

Reply #628039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey needs to stop flopping, spent about half the game on the floor. You can't help you team on defense or get rebounds from the floor.

Reply #628040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ellis is a potato

Reply #628041 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

No Oglivie gonna cost Hawks the game

Reply #628042 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Love to see Forman step up a nail a few 3's right now.

Reply #628043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who the hell is Ogilvie lol

Reply #628044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loving seeing the 36ers struggling.

Reply #628045 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

10-2 run for 36ers...

Reply #628046 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

5 fouls already for Hawks

Reply #628047 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Sorry for bad spelling of Ogilvy

Reply #628048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers have spent more time lying on the floor than standing up

Reply #628049 | Report this post

Tim  
Years ago

Bevo would have to be the most unfit unhealthy coach around.

Reply #628050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bye bye Drimic

Reply #628051 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

That's a blocking foul???????????????????

What an absolute joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #628052 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

Looked like he was about to smash that chair in the changerooms

Reply #628053 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Can't say there has been any home cooking in this one

Reply #628054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

correct call imo, just got there a fraction too late

Reply #628055 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yep, pretty sure the Sixers changeroom is going to need a makeover after that camera cut away.

Reply #628056 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Nice to see awful basketballers like Martin and Coenraad making some big plays.

Reply #628057 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

What is DJ even doing trying to take it iso in that situation... dumb.

Reply #628058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and Ellis :)

Reply #628059 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Adelaide handling the ball like a bar of soap every time they get it inside the key.

Reply #628060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so many fouls and freethrows

Reply #628061 | Report this post

Serballin  
Years ago

Lolll Drmic in that changeroom.

Reply #628062 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

freethrows win games

Reply #628063 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

The foul calls are beyond a joke, absolute marginal or no contact on hawks is a foul. Adelaide with clearly more contact no problem...

Reply #628064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide making Mitch Norton look like a master penetrator.

Reply #628065 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

We're not winning this. You don't play D you don't deserve to make the GF.

Reply #628066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

drimic stream it lol

Reply #628067 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

LOL! Get some TVs in there, jeezus!

Reply #628068 | Report this post

Lost In The Sky  
Years ago

Loving the way this game is heading... C'mon Hawks!!!

Reply #628069 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

I wish I could say I'm surprised we've blown it but it's what Adelaide teams in sport do best.

Reply #628070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both these teams have trash playoff records according to the ticker. 50% & 32%!

Reply #628071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle let the MVP award get to his head.

Reply #628072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers are dead. Hilarious lol

Reply #628073 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

RIP 6ers

Reply #628074 | Report this post

Lost In The Sky  
Years ago

Biggest choke job in recent memory happening before our eyes

Reply #628075 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Forman with the big o board

Reply #628076 | Report this post

Serballin  
Years ago

Definitely ^^

Reply #628077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another title for the Wildcats.

Reply #628078 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Perth-Hawks is about as exciting as Perth-NZ was last season... such a shame after the most entertaining season in recent memory.

Reply #628079 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Get Teys and Johnson off. Playing like crap.

For next season let's tie freethrow shooting percentage to bonuses

Reply #628080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah it's a shame Adelaide are so pathetic

Reply #628081 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

30 to 10 ft, yet Adelaide still getting pumped. Not sure what more they can do for you to get you over the line.

No home cooking though? refs fault you're loosing

Reply #628082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The foul calls are beyond a joke, absolute marginal or no contact on hawks is a foul. Adelaide with clearly more contact no problem..."

Yet it's never called this way when the Wildcats are involved.

Reply #628083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs giving Adelaide everything and they're still getting smashed

Reply #628086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have declared it. Biggest lead of the game. It's over. Sixers cya.

Reply #628087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

66-85... wow

Reply #628088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would almost prefer to be playing Adelaide in the GF after their last 7 games...

Reply #628089 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Another Perth championship. How boring.

Reply #628090 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Hawks B team getting it done.

Reply #628091 | Report this post

Lost In The Sky  
Years ago

36ers fans all sooking, love it... A lot of them thought they had the title wrapped up halfway through the season.

Reply #628092 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Perth would have smashed Adelaide anyway.

Reply #628093 | Report this post

Anonomous  
Years ago

Johnson is softer then Ogilvy and that's sayin' something.

Reply #628095 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

The Hawks have this in the bag, I really feared something like this happening in the game tonight which is why I was so keen for us to finish it off in game 2. With such a young team, I thought the pressure might get to us and you can see that with all the missed free throws, bobbling of the ball, inability to come up with loose balls etc. I really like what the Sixers have done this year as a fan, the team has certainly exceeded expectations for the season and there is a lot of upside. But it has been disappointing to see our leaders in Randle and Johnson not step up in these big games.

Reply #628096 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

these fouls on the hawks... yet 36ers still getting smashed

Reply #628097 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

"Perth would have smashed Adelaide anyway"

Yeah with 2 games at home they would have swept the series. ROFL.

Reply #628098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey can only win titles with Groves' $$$$.

Reply #628099 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Randle falls over refs blow whistle

Reply #628100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What would of been boring is a Perth v Adelaide GF. Perth would of won 3 games straight by 30+ points.

Reply #628101 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

I'm still so friggin nervous! CMON HAWKS!

Reply #628102 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Johnson has always been soft Anonomous.

Reply #628103 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Beveridge has got more out of his tactics and strategy that joey has from his in this series. Would very much like to see the Gong take out perth as well.

Reply #628104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo doing it with a regional team, making it to a GF. Gleeson never made a GF with his regional team. Since we all love to compare the two on here :P

Reply #628105 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

36ers making ellis look like a superstar

Reply #628106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harris fouling out giving the crowd something to cheer about lol

Reply #628107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can Hawks beat Cats?

Reply #628108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anything Kyrie says, ROFL (not in the funny way)

Reply #628109 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

This isn't a great result

Reply #628110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A high school girls team could have beaten the 6ers

Reply #628111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's babies are you having tonight Kyrie?

Reply #628112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manu $20K lighter

Reply #628113 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Bevo has definitely out-coached Joey.

Reply #628114 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

Sorry for you loss manu

Reply #628115 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Yeah Anonymous because you wouldn't be pissed off as an Adelaide supporter right now.

Get your head out of the sand.

Reply #628116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo now can get the fairytale revenge

Reply #628117 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Nice to see Anonymous has to hide behind a... well... anonymous account LOL

Reply #628118 | Report this post

Lost In The Sky  
Years ago

yeah Manu Fieldel... it not great... it's bloody awesome!!!

Reply #628119 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

CHEESBURGERS!

Reply #628120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks putting up a 48min game score

Reply #628121 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Adealide not ded yet?

Reply #628122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bit too late but yeah

Reply #628123 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Well shit.

Reply #628124 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Here. They. Come!

Reply #628125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

87-95 now - what's that, a 12-0 run?

Reply #628126 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

7-0 run... Illawarra Chokers? surely not at this stage

Reply #628127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hawks just need a settling basket, adelaide still have a lot of work to do

Reply #628128 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Watch Clarke come out and knock down a 3.

Reply #628129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide just teasing

Reply #628130 | Report this post

Serballin  
Years ago

Oh shiiii sobey looking like white mj out there

Reply #628131 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Wow. Feeling very nervous. Hawks missing a few wide open looks as the tighten up.

Reply #628132 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

Wow. Great call angus

Reply #628133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha! You called it AngusH

Reply #628134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Watch Clarke come out and knock down a 3."

lol

Reply #628135 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

big 3 from RC

Reply #628136 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

^^ called it.

Reply #628137 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Sobey's awesome

Imagine if he were a few inches taller

Reply #628138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

omgggggg 3pt play by DJ

Reply #628139 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Wow.

Reply #628140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

93-98

Reply #628141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another O board for Hawks... Sixers don't learn

Reply #628142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clarke! Booooooom!

Reply #628143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clarke chucks another one in.... what if no Clarke Hawks would be cooked... fortunate Hawks

Reply #628144 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

Clarke finishes it off for a very nervy hawks

Reply #628145 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Hyooooooooge

Reply #628146 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Clarke is a bad, bad man.

Reply #628147 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Well at least we fought to the end I guess. Clarke too good of a shooter.

Reply #628148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AJ out = Hawks win? Thoughts?

Reply #628149 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

clarke saves the day

Reply #628150 | Report this post

Serballin  
Years ago

What if no Clarke? That's just stupid. He's on their team. What if no LeBron?

Reply #628151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Clarke chucks another one in.... what if no Clarke Hawks would be cooked... fortunate Hawks"

No Randle and Adelaide would be pretty cooked lol

Reply #628152 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Imagine if Sixers had played with this intensity since the 1st Q... too little, too late unfortunately. Hell of a season by the team picked to come last.

Reply #628153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All of Hawks bench in double figures except Forman. Not too shabby

Reply #628154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just saying Hawks weren't doing anything play wise except those threes by Clarke. That's all.

Reply #628155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rhys Martin with the DAGGER otherwise only 6pt margin...

Reply #628156 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

YES YES YES!

Reply #628157 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Lol Rhys Martin the hack.

Reply #628158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least it was entertaining towards the end but LOL Sixers, choke home advantage, only outdone by Cairns.

Reply #628159 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

In the end my comments from half way or two thirds of the way thru the season were spot on.

Below average defensive teams rarely win the title.

You can't be so bad defensively that you give up 100+ points 2 games in a row, and expect to win.

Having said that, If Ogilvy doesn't pull up OK this could very easily be a 3-0 whitewash for Perth. Which would be very hard to watch. Really hope he's OK.

Reply #628160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love how Adelaide gave there fans hope only for them to be crushed again, twice in one game lol

Reply #628161 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Nice work Hawks

Reply #628162 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

The woofing gods were watching all the cockiness going on in the last few weeks after all.

Reply #628163 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Well done Hawks! Happy to see both Red teams in the GF

Reply #628164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FT 98-106

Reply #628165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are Sixers fans booing their own team or the Hawks? If the Hawks that's pathetic. Boo your own choking team.

Reply #628166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Classy Adelaide fans, boo your team. Well done lol

Reply #628167 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Congrats Illawarra, and is it too late to give Bevo the Coach of the Year trophy?

Reply #628168 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

I think the fans were booing the refs as they ran off

Reply #628170 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Rhys Martin has not been great this season but anyone who watches ball and doesn't realise he has been one of the better and certainly one of the smartest Aussie NBL PG's over the last decade has NFI.

Reply #628171 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Sucked in Randle you arrogant turd.

Reply #628172 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Martin is like Billy Hoyle in White Men Can't Jump, the guy doing starjumps in warm-ups who looks like he doesn't belong on the court. Sneaky good player.

Reply #628173 | Report this post

Spot up  
Years ago

Randle probably feeling a bit dirty after that loss.

Reply #628174 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

As I said in the other thread after Game 2, I personally think Creek, Joey and Randle made some very bad calls before the start of this series.

The words used by Creek and Randle in describing the Hawks' style of play really backfired somewhat; it only served to fire the Hawks up and for Creek and his team it created and brought too much emotion into the series.

It was never going to benefit Adelaide given their youth and it fell right into the hands of exactly what the veteran and experienced Hawks would have wanted.

Ultimately, Creek will learn from that decision; when you play as good as you do during the year; you don't need to bring extra emotion into a series - it's only going to serve the 'underdog' more.

Reply #628175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now dreading the thought of another successful Wildcats grand final series. Boring.

Reply #628177 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Adelaide = GSW

Reply #628179 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

Well i'm happy to eat humble pie, well played Hawks.

Reply #628180 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Will be tough for the Hawks to get up emotionally for next game. Perth wont give them the looks that they get off the 6ers, but conversely Perth wont potentially put as many points on the board.

Interesting series.

Reply #628181 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Partly a matchup thing too, Illawarra owned Adelaide 5-2 over season plus playoffs including a 34 point win in round 1.

A bit like Melbourne United last year in a lot of ways. NZ was a bad matchup for them.

Hawks can comfortably play at Adelaide's pace, they have possibly the best coach in the NBL, and they have more depth awhich can help at this time of the year.

Reply #628182 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Notwithstanding the result; Adelaide can be very proud of what the team accomplished considering their youth and the fact that many people were writing them off at the start of the year. They played a fantastic brand of basketball all throughout the year.

There's been a significant amount of positives to come out of this year - namely the emergence of Sobey - you guys have uncovered a star right there. There is a fantastic core of (young) players to build around.

Reply #628183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to the $2.90 underdogs get up. Clearly the Sixers wont be able to afford Cheer leaders next season if they are there. ;)
Waste of a season Sixers. Let's hope the underdogs continue the winning.
AJ. Get a pair.

Reply #628184 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

And yeah agree FSTOS, There is a saying "playing your grand final a week early", wouldn't be surprised if Perth win game 1 by 15. But I don't totally count the Hawks out cos an experienced group like that, with a coach as good as Bevo should never be written off.

Reply #628186 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Bevo might have some tricks to limit Prather and Cotton. If he can its game on.

Reply #628189 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Tipping Perth comfortably - two words: Home Court.

Any home court advantage is critical but it obviously becomes even more of an advantage for Perth.

Reply #628191 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Years ago

What a fizzle. Randle's meeting with Cotton is not going to happen. What a real flog.

Bevo vs Gleeson. Both preach defence .... Who is better?

Home advantage is a big plus for the Cats. Just on that alone, I say the Cats will maul the Hawks.

Reply #628192 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Some Adelaide fans told me losing the last 4 games of the season wasn't a big deal and we'd make the GF easily. I told them it did matter because we had no momentum whatsoever entering finals and being top of the league, there was added pressure.

How wrong they were.

Reply #628194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only flog is Randle he tried his heart out but was found out.

Reply #628196 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

"Some Adelaide fans told me losing the last 4 games of the season wasn't a big deal and we'd make the GF easily."

In fact they've only won one game in the last seven.

But credit to both teams, they made a three game series out of it and now it's 3rd v 4th for the big dance.

Reply #628197 | Report this post

Serballin  
Years ago

Tend to agree with you macdub but I still don't think this is the same Perth team of old. Hawks just won their first game there after how many years? Monkey is off the back

Reply #628198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This just in...
Drmics chair didn't quite make it to Perth.

Reply #628201 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

I really hope we finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th next season and not 1st. Finishing 1st = no GF appearance going by the last 2 years.

Reply #628204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GG said "In fact they've only won one game in the last seven."
Adel idiots thinking that losing form = coasting to the GF. Where does the problem lie? Joey.

Reply #628209 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I have to admit I was wrong about the Hawks 3-1 season series win being an indicator they had our measure. Clearly when you lose 5 out of 7 games to a team in the same season and don't win a game on their home court all season they are better than you.

I'm still not sure we tanked our last 4 regular season games. The first of those against the Hawks we had just sewn up the minor round championship and they outplayed us and then we lost that close one by a point to a desperate Breakers team.

The game in Cairns yes we tanked that but the last game back here we seemed to be legit but had lost momentum at that point which is why I think Randle & Creek said what they did before this series, they knew we were in trouble both confidence wise and playing the one team that had our measure all season.

A very disappointing end but everyone myself included picked us to finish down the bottom of the ladder so to finish top was a great achievement with such a young team. If we can keep this core together for the next 3-4 years there will probably be a bit to celebrate in the coming years.

Now Illawarra do us and the rest of the Australian basketball community a favour and beat the Wildcats in this GF series.

Reply #628217 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

* not being an indicator

Reply #628218 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

LOL

Sixers stunk up the gym.

Reply #628219 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

The trolling in this thread aside,

I tipped the Hawks because they're a good matchup against Adelaide, I think they are our bogey side. It happens. I like pulling Spurs references out and here's another - I've watched my 1st place Spurs lose a first round playoffs series against 8th placed Memphis. Sometimes matchups suck for a team.

It's important to remember the 36ers are a 22 year olds average brigade with virtually zero finals experience. Going missing or being powerless in the big moments is what happens and it is part of the development. This is probably a point more to the 36ers fans with a view to hopefully going further next season now that some experience has been notchedup.

To the game itself, where were the 4th q sixers in the prev quarters?

The hawks are such a good side, their offensive movement and chemistry is great to watch. Full credit to them!

For Drmic, well he was probably fouled a little on that three - it feels like a double whammy when you get T'd up. The problem is, when you flop consistently you open yourself up to a "boy who cried wolf" situation. If you try to con the refs all the time and it comes to hurt, you have to cop it because it is probably deserved.

The second T, well I don't know what he said or if there was a prior warning but in a finals game the ref shouldn't have called that. Again though, why open yourself up to the potential of a ref T when you already on one? Silly inexperience.

Randle wasn't sharp but he will be the biggest challenge this offseason - convincing him to return! Sobey, hope he doesn't leave for euro he will be a big player for us next season as well. Shame he didn't quite have it going either.

Reply #628223 | Report this post

Suck it Adelaide. You arrogant twats didn't deserve to make the Grand Final.

Randle's one man team was always going to falter come the playoffs.

Reply #628228 | Report this post

PH  
Years ago

Don't know what to say really. Very unexpected.
Lack of defence?

Reply #628230 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

I was shocked when i heard the result.What a season of upsets its been.

Bevo and the hawks must be brimming with confidence having already won in perth this season. Will be a very interesting gf series

Reply #628232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@JamesSpenceley on Twitter

"Class @jerome_randle wife threw sauce over a little @illawarrahawks fan after they lost. Who's dirty ? @Adelaide36ers #hawkheads #NBL17"

Reply #628239 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Hey Kyrie2Nation,you said for the Hawks to enjoy there holiday.I think the Hawks are going to Perth/The Gong/Perth again/back to the Gong/back to Perth so it must be a travelling holiday but i was wondering where is Adelaide going for there trip away.They can plan that now i guess but Mad Monday first or is it FREE THROW practice.

Reply #628240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still wouldn't have helped. Hawks foul the shit out them, they cant make free throws and they wonder why they lose. Serious choke in front of their home crowd.

Reply #628241 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

The changing of nets screwed Adelaide tonight. Can't believe the venue changed em. It just threw the Sixers, you could tell

Reply #628243 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Huh, so that happened.

Neat!

Reply #628244 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Well played Hawks. Shooting was white hot on the night and after our bigs played really good rotating defence in game one, they never got it right in this one. Clarke and Martin were able to get to the basket too easily and that is a recipe for disaster against a Hawks team who play the drive and kick game so well.

Sixers made some great runs in the second half and a lesser team would have faltered, but credit to Rotnei Clarke in particular, he hit two absolute killer threes to keep the Sixers at arms length (ironically exactly what he does to his defenders when he dribbles, but that's another story).

Disappointing to lose in the semis, but it was always on the cards for such a young team who had exceeded most people's expectations this season. Drmic was exhibit A. He looked like he was going to lead us home against the Hawks in that 3rd quarter, but he lost his cool and reacted and bam, night over. Needs to stop and realise he'd just been to the line twice in a row. Getting called for the block was no big deal. Just button your lip, earn the refs respect and go draw a foul down the other end!

I only have one more question about might have been... Majok Deng. Why didn't he get a crack in the 4th quarter when we were down big? He has proved he can drill the three, he's quick on defence so he can switch like a smaller player and he would have reduce the likelihood of the Hawks getting critical offensive rebounds.

I said to my mate earlier in the 4th, we will come home strong and fall short because we are too small and a couple of offensive boards will kill us! I recall 2-3 Oscar Forman boards where he just used his height to pluck the ball from Teys/ Ferguson. One of those Oscar boards led directly to the second 3 by Clarke that sealed the game for the Hawks. Deng would've been worth a crack in my book!

My final comment is "chin up Sixers fans". As long as management keeps the Aussie core of DJ, Creek, Sobey, Drmic, Hodgson and Deng around, the future is very bright for this team.

Reply #628245 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

So Adelaide in the last few weeks was the Adelaide of the first few. Flirt with form and bound to end up where you started.

Reply #628246 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

How bad did Adelaide play, lost a game with 39 free throw attempts.

Still a very positive season for you guys.

Any Bevo coached team is a threat because he let's players fire at will, when it's dropping they can be unstoppable.

Reply #628247 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

Is that #saucegate incident true??

Reply #628248 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

All the fouls committed by the Hawks worked in their favour, Adelaide couldn't get any flow going.

Reply #628250 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Any news on AJ?

Reply #628252 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Johnson stop stalking me on twitter you psychopath. Learn some proper grammar while you're at it.

Reply #628256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Is that #saucegate incident true??"

Not sure, just saw it pop up on twitter from that guy, he seems like a fairly reliable source

Reply #628258 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

Yeah i went searching it myself. Seems a couple of people said they witnessed martin helping to clean her up.

But you know... this is the internet so who knows

Reply #628259 | Report this post

Anonomous  
Years ago

Yeah. They're still searching for his heart and nuts.

Reply #628262 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Illawarra with 66 of the 106 points off the bench....

Reply #628268 | Report this post

JasonC  
Years ago

So, although I usually like to wait until after the grand final for these types of posts, I though this was the more appropriate time to reflect on the following quote from my post in this thread merely 4 weeks ago:

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/40745-wildcats-vs-united-28th-jan/#p621219

mmm.. If it's one thing non Perth fans haven't learnt yet, is that it's not over until the Trophy is hoisted.

I've been following this team for 33 years, and time and time again I see people write them off because they are playing like shit (which, incidentally they are right now). Yet time and time again I see them peak at the right end of the season while other teams (ala Adelaide this year and Melbourne last year) peak early and fall in a heap the moment the pressure is really on (yes, I'm aware that this may not eventuate for Adelaide yet - and good luck to them - unfortunately I live there now *sigh*).

...... I will revisit the above sentiments at the end of the season. Exactly the way I did when I was picked out by a Melbourne fan on twitter last year as a target of his attempted trolling while Melbourne was smashing everyone.

Well done Illawarra! I look forward to a fun and challenging Grand Final series. I honestly believe this could go either way.

Jason.

Reply #628270 | Report this post

PH  
Years ago

Could this be the Hawk's year? Now that Adelaide are out, I feel Hawks have been the most consistent team. It was also evident in this game that Bevo adapts well, and that his team has depth. Be fascinating to see whether the vaunted Perth Defence can contain the Hawks plethora of shooters.

At their best I feel Perth are superior, however I am less confident they can string those games together consistently? I think there's a good chance the Wildcats could ice this in 3 or 4 games. If it goes to 5 I'm not too sure.

Reply #628273 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

The owner of the Hawks was the person that reported on twitter that Randles wife threw sauce at a young hawks fan.I guess she had to pick on a kid which is about the same size as her hubby and talk about being DIRTY.It's a low act from a sore loser or was she unhappy that she couldn't sit on the Adelaide bench.

Reply #628274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The kid was a grown woman. But I know nothing else about it. What I do know is that was a wasted season, and adelaide ended up back firing on themselves with the Ferguson experiment. Free player or not needed an extra hontobguy tonight and we didn't have it. One of the worst losses in the clubs history. Huge stakes and that's what was served up.

Reply #628277 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Kyrie2Nation turning on his team now that's GOLD.Great supporter of Adelaide you are.You haven't told me where Adelaide are going for there holiday.I told you where my team the Hawks are going and that is a Perth/Wollongong/Perth/Wollongong/Perth trip.

Reply #628278 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

For a team that many picked to finish last the Sixers exceeded all expectations but when you finish first on the ladder with 4 games to go in the regular season, not making it past the first round and into a Grand Final is a major disappointment.

Full credit to the Hawks - they were able to settle in such a big game before the nervous Sixers and hit some massive shots when it mattered. I thought the Sixers would always be in trouble in Clarke fired as he'd been below par in the first 2 games. The law of averages won in this game.

Although it was such a tight season, I honestly thought that the Hawks were the second best team throughout the regular season and the worst match-up for Adelaide. If the Sixers had played better in those last 4 games and not tanked in Cairns they may well have avoided a match-up with the Hawks which I feel would have been to their advantage.

I need to talk about Drmic. He was refereed purely on reputation tonight. The refs obviously have reviewed tapes of him and earmarked him down as a "flopper". For most other players the three that he took where Hollyfield closed out too hard and didn't let him land would have been three shots. But because he has a reputation of being a flopper Hollyfield is deemed not to have fouled and Drmic simply "faked it". The commentators certainly thought it was a foul on Hollyfield. "You gotta be smarter than that if you're Hollyfield, you have to give him room to land" said Tommy Greer.

And then when he gets called for the block instead of the charge he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt either. Plenty of times in the NBL that call goes the other way. Should he have reacted the way he did? No. But he's not a robot and it's a high stakes emotional final. The refs need to give him some leeway. It's just a shame that the refs decided to make Drmic pay for his sins of the past in the biggest game of the season for the Sixers. I really hope this gives Drmic a wake-up call to eliminate this from his game next season so it doesn't come back to bite him and the Sixers when it really matters next season. I also hope the refs apply the flopping rule as harshly as they did tonight to Drmic to other notorious floppers in the league.

Furthermore I believe it's unnecessarily harsh that a player can get ejected in the NBL for a tech on a flop and another tech of any sort. Calling flops vs non-flops is so subjective. What one ref calls a flop another calls a foul. See Matt Knight flopping against Randle in Perth in their 1 point victory earlier this season. It's a clear flop if you're a Sixers fan and it's Knight moving his feet well and taking the charge if you're a Perth fan. You might argue that all techs are subjective but it's generally more clear cut if a tech is given for abuse or an over the top reaction. It's not clear cut if someone flops. Judging how hard someone has been hit and whether this is enough to knock them to the ground is not easy especially when you're trying to make the call at game pace speed. Witness how many times in the NBA the commentators will say "that's a flop" when the ref has called the offensive foul and there will be disagreement between Jeff Van Gundy and Mike Breen. Penalise someone with a tech if you want to discourage flopping but don't make it count towards ejections. The punishment doesn't fit the crime.

As a Sixers fan you still have to be very hopeful about the future. So long as the core can be kept together this team can do some damage. They'll be better for going through this experience. Replace Ferguson with an import that can contribute and the Sixers will be right up there again.

Reply #628279 | Report this post

ayjay  
Years ago

The only penalty for flopping should be to leave the flopper on the floor to his earned disadvantage and let the game continue. Ignore him.The idea of giving the referees the power to adjudge intent and punish someone for momentarily dropping out of the game is just stupid.
They have enough trouble finding a level of acceptable competence with the simplest of calls without the burden of such punitive decisions. The referees struggle every game with lack of consistency and this has been the case all season win or lose! If a flop is to punished so harshly a physical unsportsmanlike foul should surely require instant ejection from the NBL for multiple games. Let the crowd deal with the floppers and get on with playing basketball.

As for the Sixers tonight was disappointing but the season generally has been the most entertaining and enjoyable for many years.

There has been so many wow! moments in so many games this season despite the limitations of budget..Every player has contributed. The style of a high scoring transition game.The development of such youth, the inclusion of young Terence, Sobey stepping up and bringing much of the team with him. What an exciting ally he has been with Jerome. Even in games we lost there has been great moments and all season they played in crunch times without fear. The maturity achieved by such youth this season has been amazing. Trolls can say what they like, the Sixers have stuck with the same team all season and done so well. The crowd numbers have increased dramatically and surely we are well placed to build into next season.

Thank you Sixers.

PS Thanks NBL for bringing us NBL TV this season. I have loved being able to support the Sixes in their away games. Thank You.

Reply #628281 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Sixers pulled a United and choked after winning the Minor Premiership lol.
Credit to the Hawks but laughing my ass off at the Sixers, made my morning.

Reply #628283 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

The Hawks are having a party(sorry Kings)the Hawks are having a party.The Kings sing this after a regular season win so hopefully Hawks can go all the way then the region of Wollongong can celebrate by having a massive party.

Reply #628285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It looked like Clarke wanted to prove he was the better MVP in this league.

Reply #628287 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

The reason flops are penalised in game is because referees are unable and inept at distinguishing when a player flops ironically allowing them to penalise doesn't help, who knew!

Drimic was unlucky on the three yes, however het likely got a warning on the previous 3, it's NBL referees do you really want to tempt fate?

I'm not sure your refereed on reputation is accurate, Sobey is likely the largest flopper and always gets the calls so..

the second T was there, silly reaction, at a silly time by a silly player.

For some reason drimic reminds me of Bernad Tomic...

Reply #628304 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rat10, I have no sympathy for Drmic. He flopped in G2 as well and was warned from what I could tell from the broadcast. Needs to remove that from his game completely because it will be costly again in the future. Countless players in the NBL are capable of shooting a three and landing without falling backwards.

In a block/charge situation, I think it's often more subjective. For a corner three, you generally have a ref right there in position to judge - silly move.

Reply #628307 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Congrats to Adelaide on a brilliant season, they played incredible basketball for much of it. A poor way to finish, but that often happens with inexperienced teams come playoffs.

An amazing season from Illawarra too. To lose Penney and Lisch and then make the GF in probably the toughest year in league history is quite remarkable.

Reply #628308 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Well, at least we're incredibly consistent come finals time; 15 consecutive wasted seasons.

Reply #628314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Drmic block was UNDOUBTEDLY the correct call. He was still moving very very clearly when Ellis hit him. Shows the immaturity when he reacted they way he did.

Reply #628317 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Aside from Adelaide United getting it done, us Adelaideans are a tortured group of people - there is definitely a choker mentality about Adelaide sides when it comes to finals.

Drmic was a block call, that's agreeable. I think how the NBL deals with flopping is a subject that will be discussed in the off-season.

If we want to stamp out flopping, then maybe we take the risk of an incorrect call having an unfortunate disproportionate effect on the game or the player.

Drmic will need to learn to avoid flopping and to react a little better when he feels screwed. That will come with experience. I think 36ers let themselves down this year in the category of "silly fouls", hopefully with development and experience we see less of these, particularly by Jacobsen/Hodgson if they return.

It's hard to be too disappointed given there were legitimate expectations of last place - the 36ers went far above and beyond I feel it would be greedy to be all that critical of Adelaide.

A tremendous season, an unexpectedly successful one and I don't think i've seen so many 36ers games live and in full since about 2005 - so that's a good thing!

Reply #628322 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Completely agree with most of what's been said in regards to Adelaide having a successful season. It's just a real shame that we went back to some old defensive habits that i thought we'd learnt from earlier in the year.

This might be a case of objectivity syndrome where you're prone to notice more flaws about your own team and be harsher on them because of that, but why do Adelaide continuously get burnt from the perimeter? I know it has a lot to do with Joey's defensive philosophy, but i just think it seems a little bit too easy for teams like The Hawks to keep knocking down casual three pointers. I know some of Clarke's shots were frustrating, but we really needed to do a better job defending shooters. Away teams get so confident when they get their flow going and it silences the crowd. Can someone help? Is it just the way Joey defends?

All credit to The Hawks though who somehow managed to sweep the home team aside without Ogilvy and being in serious foul trouble for most of the game.

Good season, but ultimately Adelaide weren't drilled well enough for those crunch games. Perth might not look pretty sometimes but their defence is going to win them another crown. Adelaide just have to learn again next season.

Reply #628339 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

By my count Joey Wright is now 2-7 in SF series, and 0-3 against Rob Beveridge.

Adelaide either have to get better at executing in the half-court at both ends or better at speeding up playoff games. Maybe a bit more Creek at PF could help both those areas?

Reply #628345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey Wright hasn't got a good playoff record besides the purchased Brisbane title. I don't know how to explain it, he deserves the coy I loved the way they played for the most part of the season. But come playoff time I had absolutely no confidence in his ability to coach. He isn't a tactician has no ability to call timeouts when needed etc yet again I couldnt imagine that team doing as well under another coach. Perhaps he would be best as a lead assistant role.

Reply #628354 | Report this post

The Last Tango  
Years ago

Randle's wife behaviour was terrible and language that would make any soldier blush, then at the end to throw Chinese food over a lady who had done/said nothing was outrageous. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this goes legal.

Reply #628370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide needed there four best players to play at a high level in defence and offence, just didn't happen though. Randle was a 6/10 all game Johnson was a 3/10 all game, Creek a 5/10 all game, Sobey was 2/10 till half time, 4/10 third quarter and finally showed some form in the last 7.5/10.
Can't win big games playing like that. As mentioned else Drimic does remind you of Tomic, great for bits to the rediculously bad and temperamental.

Reply #628385 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

First it was sauce, then Chinese food, now chips and sauce.

Was it Randle's wifes tucker. She must have been really angry because she don't look like the type who would easily part with food.

Congrats to the 6ers fans on here. Of all the years I have posted on this forum this would have to be the least amount of "blame the refs" type posts I have ever seen following a loss.

Of course Joey will still blame them for allowing the Hawks to defend "that way" whatever the f*** "that way" is.

Reply #628387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey has already blamed the refs!

Reply #628390 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I think you're right on about the flop calls Rat10. It is a very subjective call that refs get wrong very often and too harsh a penalty when a player can end up being thrown out of a game for it.

Reply #628393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His 2nd technical was for abuse not flopping. Joey can't even sledge the refs in the media correctly.

Reply #628402 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Yeah, Johnson, I totally turned on my team. Not sure how you managed to come to that conclusion but there's something wrong with you if you think that.

Reply #628451 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

FSTOS - "Was it Randle's wifes tucker. She must have been really angry because she don't look like the type who would easily part with food."

That shouldn't have been the only thing to brighten my day today, but here we are.

Reply #628454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was the crowd number?

Reply #628490 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

The problem for Adelaide is that when they're either shut down or having a poor night offensively, they can't stop their opposition at the same time. You really need to be able to do that in crunch games like last night. Perth show the league how it's done.

I think for Adelaide to have another go at winning a championship, it's going to depend on how much Joey Evolves and learns each time we get close.

Reply #628514 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:11 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754