Isaac
Years ago

Shane Heal enters Big 3 draft player pool

The BIG3, the highly anticipated 3-on-3 professional basketball league, announced today Marcus Banks, Keith Bogans, Derrick Byars, Shane Heal, Mike James, Voshon Lenard, Rashad McCants, Lee Nailon, Eddie Robinson and Xavier Silas and as the latest signings to its Draft player pool.

Banks, Bogans, Byars, Heal, James, Lenard, McCants, Nailon, Robinson and Silas join Latrell Sprewell, J.R. Rider, Earl Boykins, Brian Cook, Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, Kenny Anderson, Smush Parker, Jamario Moon, Ruben Patterson, and Etan Thomas as players eligible for the upcoming BIG3 Draft. The BIG3 will announce new signings each Monday leading up to the Draft.

Last week, the BIG3 announced the signing of basketball legend Charles Oakley as a player coach of the Killer 3s, which will be captained by Chauncey Billups and Stephen Jackson. The Killers 3s join the Trilogy, co-captained by Kenyon Martin and Al Harrington, and the 3 Headed Monsters, co-captained by Rashard Lewis and Jason Williams as the BIG3 teams that have been announced.
More info

Topic #40928 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hammer will struggle looks out of shape on tv. Some of those names still have the NBA work ethic for fitness. Give to him though he puts himself in every dog fight!

Reply #627646 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

are they only going to sign up 80 players pre-draft for the 80 team roster spots ?
Will there be openings for "walk-ons" at the training ?

I know I'm trolling a bit ... but..
What will heal do ?
be the Last man picked ?
pull out with a training injury just before draft day if it looks like he will go drafted ?
be given an exemption to bet on his games ?

interesting

Reply #627686 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

^ "go UNdrafted"

Reply #627687 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Just camp behind 3 and make it rain the Hammer way

Reply #627688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He won't be drafted.

Ice Cube the owner of the Big3 league said the league is for players who retired who CAN still play, but couldn't go on in the 82 game slog of a season.

Heal has entered because he is super desperate for money LOL.

Reply #627690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most of these players actually still are interested in fitness unlike Heal who looks like a slob.

Come to think of it even during his playing career he looked fatish. Goorjian was stuck with him on the playing roster during his first Kings season and there was huge conflict re: Heal's lack of work ethic in training. That's why he wasn't resigned despite the Kings title.

Reply #627694 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I usually like to back Aussies when they try to do something difficult, but I can't imagine this ending well for Hammer. He looks old, fat, and completely out of game shape. I can just imagine Allen Iverson crossing him up, breaking his ankle, and reminding him that his playing days are long gone.

But I would love to be proven wrong.

Reply #627760 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Who cares. Veterans anything might be fine for the participants but has zero interest to me as a spectator.

Circus only.

Reply #627765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's half-court 3x3 only though. So the veterans won't look bad and they seeking fit players only.

And despite what Heal thinks they are recruiting legitimate ex NBA stars not players like him. lol!

Reply #627766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also 3x3 are recruiting players like Iverson and White Chocolate with handles from the small guys and big guys who can dunk. It's about showboating. What can Heal provide to the entertainment value? Nothing. Chucking isn't good to look at. Chucker.

Reply #627768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He said he only needs to lose 7kg... ummm perhaps in the first week of training!

Reply #627777 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

those two have really convinced me and my interest is now at minus zero limits.

Then again lots of people watch "professional" wrestling or Mundane Green fights or masters tennis I guess.

Sport is about competition not your past reputation.

Ex NBA players.

Don't mind watching old blokes who can still compete with the younger people in sports such a golf etc but not competitive team sports.

Reply #627779 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Good to see his ego still isn't in check.

Reply #627789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When will this be on? Dates?

Reply #627798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe he's heard rumours charles barkley may sign up and is looking for another piece

Reply #627866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal is such a sad sac....it will take more than 7kilos to get him in shape lol

Reply #627868 | Report this post

Twenty20 cricket has a lot to answer for, creating pressure on every sport to introduce a circus version. No thanks.

Reply #628778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt they're worried about T20 cricket in the USA... lol

Reply #628779 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:23 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754