Anonymous
Years ago

Gliddon to Russia for the 2nd time.

Kinda surprised that the Snakes haven't mentioned this on their website.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/gliddon-opts-for-the-comforts-of-russia/news-story/b380cbbe16e52ebd2ab4bee10083014d

Topic #40994 | Report this topic

CT  
Years ago

Don't fancy cutting and pasfing it in here do you? Apparently this little sliver of news is 'premium content g'

Reply #629819 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

TAIPANS skipper Cameron Gliddon is excited about his second stint in Europe after signing with Russian club BC Avtodor Saratov for the remainder of the season.

The Snakes captain played on a 10-week contract with Polish club AZS Koszalin this time last year.

BC Avtodor Saratov competes in the VTB United League, which is the first tier of Russian professional club basketball and also includes teams from Belarus, Estonia, Kazakhstan and Latvia.

Gliddon follows the lead of NBL stars Jerome Randle (France), Sydney Kings Brad Newley and Jason Cadee (Greece) and New Zealand Breaker Tom Abercrombie (Turkey), who signed off-season deals in recent weeks in Europe.

"I'm very happy to come over and finish the season for Avtodor," Gliddon said.

“I watched the VTB league on TV in Australia and was very impressed with the level of the competition and players.

“I hope I can bring some energy and maximum benefit to my new team.”

The Snakes captain is still under contract in the Far North for another season after signing a three-year deal with the club at the start of 2015.

The 27-year old averaged 10.6 points (38.5% three-pointers), 3.1 assists, 3.0 rebounds and 1.2 steals in 28.3 minutes a game over 30 games this season for the Snakes.

BC Avtodor Saratov are 10th on the 13-team table with a 5-12 record.

The Taipans season was cut short almost two weeks ago when they were swept from the NBL semi-finals by the Perth Wildcats.

The Wildcats look set to claim their eighth championship as they lead the Illawarra Hawks 2-0 with the third game of the grand final series played in Perth on Sunday.

Meanwhile, the outcome of the Tony Mitchell saga will finally be revealed today.

The NBL originally said they would release the findings of the former Taipan’s appeal yesterday but pushed it back to this morning.

After being banned for the entire 2017-18 NBL season after he was found guilty of striking a referee with the game ball, the NBL’s independent full tribunal heard Mitchell’s appeal earlier this week.

Reply #629824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You aren't supposed to cut and paste full articles. That's a breach of copyright rules. Isaac will advise. The paywall is making life difficult.

Reply #629825 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Ooh , What do you want for your last meal Zodiac,the're coming for you!

Reply #629884 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:36 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754