Baller#3
Years ago

Thoughts on LaVar Ball.

Is he helping or hindering his talented children's chances in the NBA. If I were a top 3 team, I would not be picking lonzo ball and having to deal with that loser. Would GMs feel the same way to a certain point?

Topic #41064 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

His two younger son's high school team just lost in semis right after the ESPN feature on the family aired. I'm sure the kids from the opposition saw it and thought wtf at the arrogance and used it as motivation. All three sons look quite placid actually but the dad is always on them to be aggressive. Was a little cringeworthy to watch their homelife and the way he carried on.

Reply #631067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrible attitude. The guy wants to be in the spotlight.

A billion dollar contract amongst the brothers... keep dreaming.

Reply #631068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A very average college player trying to live his dream through his sons. So many people will be hoping they fail due him being a complete dick. No way Nike,adidas or under armour sign them, hell, Delly's Peak deal would look to be attractive. Cringeworthy every time he opens his mouth. Sad for the kids, I think teams will be scared off in terms of marketing, wants Lakers to sign eldest but where does he stand with Clarkson and Russell already there as guards, and unless I'm mistaken will only keep pick if in top 3, will they take risk.
Possibly the worst parent in terms of basketball, normally reserved for tennis like a Dokic.

Reply #631070 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Over the past couple of weeks I've constantly had the thought that if I could pick any two people in the world at the moment I'd like to punch in the face, they'd be LaVar Ball and Virat Kohli

Reply #631083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was quite entertaining here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jITmG8w4TJ4

He says outrageous stuff on purpose to get a reaction out of people. It sounds like he has been doing it all his life although now people actually listen to him.

Reply #631087 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And the media will keep going to him for more and he won't be able to resist the opportunities for exposure and attention.

Reply #631096 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Yeah I thought it was hilarious when Barkley called him out and Lavar said Barkley was only mentioning him to stay relevant. This clown has no clue. His boys must be hoping he shuts his mouth and let's them live THEIR dream.

Reply #631110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Over the past couple of weeks I've constantly had the thought that if I could pick any two people in the world at the moment I'd like to punch in the face, they'd be LaVar Ball"

Haha, it's gotten to the point now where even on ESPN now which usually is positive to everyone has its anchors openly admitting they want to punch him.

Reply #631116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also he has started his own clothing brand being BBB which he makes his sons wear, and is now available to buy, yet at the same time wants a cool billy from another apparel company? huh?? MMMkay.

Reply #631117 | Report this post

Proud Dad  
Years ago

Gotta have your kids back don't mind it obviously it is over the top but it is better than the alternative

Reply #631123 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Doubt he would impact any shoe contracts or anything else. He's not going to be the kids agent and have that kind of control over their careers. Maybe he has a say now, but doubt that continues and ever eventuates into something that would be a major impact

Reply #631131 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Come on Duke Fan. Kohli is OK.

Reply #631137 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:59 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754