Shano76
Years ago

New 36ers logo and uniform

Check out their facebook. Could it be? Still deciding if I like!

Topic #41070 | Report this topic

Shano76  
Years ago

I have decided. No!!!

Reply #631202 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The inevitable comparison is likely to be with the New Orleans Pelicans:

Not opposed to them moving on from the nondescript previous logo but wonder if it's a bit dark and could've done something more to avoid the Pelicans comparison?

That said, the Crows obviously survive a bit of a rip-off of the Baltimore Ravens brand.

The Lightning have rebranded in a similar style.

Reply #631203 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

I like it less than the Eagle Super Sixers! Least they tried something new!

Reply #631204 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Nope. Next. Yuck

Reply #631205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guess people can now redirect their attention from the almighty game3 Chloe and focus on this shit. And it shit.

Reply #631207 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yeah what were they thinking. So dull and drab. How are they going to convince fans to wear those colours as clothes etc. Its amazing how clubs can stuff this stuff up.

Reply #631208 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I quite like it.
It remains to be seen what they do with it in the context of their jerseys of course, but I think it's a good looking colour combo.

Reply #631209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Surely this is for April Fools Day except leaked two weeks earlier?

Reply #631210 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'd like it 10x more if they just changed the 36ers text to white.

Reply #631211 | Report this post

It's a good strong logo, I don't mind it but agree the colours could be tweaked. Don't like us losing the gold.

Pretty much anything is better than the Grade 8 Design Class basketball logo we had for the last few years.

Reply #631213 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Hot rumour Randle not coming back to Adelaide....?

Reply #631214 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Great logo...colour scheme is wrong.....needs work with more vibrant colours.

Reply #631215 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Remove the damn bird and add back yellow/gold and I'm content

Reply #631225 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hot rumour Randle not coming back to Adelaide....?
Monster offer from interstate. Probably the biggest offer I can recall hearing rumour of?

Reply #631227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bye Randle, go make some other players stand around while you dribble.

Love the new look of the logo!!! New import to go with it!

Reply #631231 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Sobey the top priority....new ownership not willing to spend $$ on Randle....

Reply #631232 | Report this post

Pizza Hut  
Years ago

"Great logo...colour scheme is wrong.....needs work with more vibrant colours."

It's weird. AFL clubs have mostly gone down the path where they try to emphasise colours that will sell well to the public. Clubs like Essendon and Richmond probably sell more in Black than in their primary colour, Hawthorn introduced Navy blue, and the Giants emphasise the grey rather than the orange. The Eagles changed their home jumpers to Navy blue, because it sells better than Royal blue.

But I like what the Wildcats have done. They have pumped the "wear red" message and it has worked. They probably don't sell as much as if they offered black, but the effect is better.
36s should stick with their vibrant blue and keep pushing the fans to follow.

Reply #631233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very confusing, if they were called the Adelaide Piping Shrikes it might make sense, but to the general public it makes no sense. Very hard to have a mascot/logo with 36ers as nickname, but something without a non discreet bird would be a lot better. And can't recall a piping shrike looking that menacing before. Colourwise it goes away from past looks, maybe a good thing, but going by reception here I have to agree, it's terrible along with the lightnings new logo.

Reply #631234 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

New logo makes my Sixers tattoo even more obsolete!!

Reply #631235 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Will we now have magpies swoop from the roof on opposing players?

Reply #631236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol at calling a magpie a piping shrike or whatever dafuq was written above. Only in SA... weirdos

Reply #631238 | Report this post

Ricky Diculous  
Years ago

I can only assume the big offer for Randle is coming from Melbourne United...

Reply #631239 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Randle won't be hard to replace. Plenty of guards out there who need 10 dribbles to get to the ring.

Reply #631240 | Report this post

TL  
Years ago

New owners would be absolutely foolish to not retain Randle. He's the face of our club, a phenomenal player and an MVP, something that doesn't happen here in Adelaide. Having a import of that calibre that loves the city and club is extremely rare, most imports jump at the biggest offer.

Reply #631241 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Doesn't mean they can afford to beat a figure by Melbourne United

Reply #631242 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Can we get some citations or sources about this Randle rumor?

Reply #631244 | Report this post

Indominus-Rex  
Years ago

Wait... So is United or the Kings that are offering him this "massive" contract?

Reply #631246 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

What's with the bird,is there going to be a Adelaide Crow joint venture coming up?
The Lightning bird looks crow like.

Reply #631247 | Report this post

Iggle Piggle  
Years ago

Don't like it. Why a bird? Never been associated with a bird before so why now? I think this will come across as aligning themselves with the crows which will turn away a lot of people the club can't afford to offend.

Reply #631248 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I don't understand prioritizing Sobey over Randle when Randle is the draw card here. I love Sobey's game, don't get me wrong, but 7,000 people didn't pack out Adelaide Arena to see Nathan Sobey specifically.

Adelaide has new money now. They should throw some of it at keeping Randle and therefore keeping asses on seats.

Reply #631249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's arses mate.

Reply #631251 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Can we get some citations or sources about this Randle rumor?

Randle's agent probably, trying to strong arm the Sixers into a bigger offer. If it's true which I doubt good luck to him.

I'd like to see him come back but not at the expense of breaking the bank over him and he won't be able to shine in Melb, Syd, Bris like he does in Joey's run and gun offence.

Sobey needs to be our main priority this offseason.

Reply #631252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't let this new logo distract you from the fact the 36ers blew a dominating season record to be eliminated in the semi finals by the Illawarra hawks.

Reply #631255 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Well it won't happen again now that they're fighting birds with birds.

Reply #631256 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

When I asked Boti about the Randle rumors he laughed without giving much more insight.

He then released an article saying that Randle, Sobey and Hodgson were still in discussions with the Sixers.

So gauging what I can from that, I think Zodiac is probably right.

Reply #631257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha this is ridiculous.

I can't wait until the Wildcats and Lynx release their new logos of a swan.

Reply #631259 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

ME wasn't that a while ago though?

Reply #631261 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I like both logos, and yes, also the piping shrike (which it is). After all, Murray has been associated with the Sixers for how many years now? I mean, how else do you design a logo with a garbage nickname like the 36ers? I've always hated the nickname, so any gradual dilution of it is good in my books.

But that's just one fan's opinion. Going by the reactions here, doesn't seem too well received. I defy people to come up with a better logo for this "brand" though.

Reply #631263 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

I don't like it all. Not because i think it's a bad design though. Would like to see a slightly modernised version of the old championship winning days logo. Couple that with a similar pin stripe uniform design and it will start to feel like the 36ers again.

Aussie Hoopla wrote this about Randle: http://www.aussiehoopla.com/is-this-jerome-randles-goodbye-letter/

Don't know.

Reply #631264 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

There is the professional feel about it, it's just lost the Adelaide feel without the yellow.

Reply #631266 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

I reckon Randle is gone. It is too quiet. It is ok to say he can be replaced but we have had more duds than guns in the last decade. It is not just his oncourt stuff. My son has taken to the 36ers largely due to JR. That said he is a professional and some offers are just too hard to ignore. Would rather him go o/s than to a rival.

Reply #631271 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Yeah not easy to replace at all.

But if we can't compete with the dollars offered I guess that's just the reality

Reply #631273 | Report this post

SportShmort  
Years ago

Won't someone think of the ornithologists? The new Adelaide 36ers and Adelaide Lightning logos feature a magpie-lark that the designers (and others) think is a piping shrike, but a piping shrike (as in the one on the SA flag, badge and coat of arms) is a magpie. There are magpies and there are magpie-larks, both birds are known by many other names. A piping shrike is a magpie, not a magpie-lark.

Reply #631389 | Report this post

smith  
Years ago

It is a step forward, progress.
i like it.
i trust the people invloved with the club right now, what they are doing is great.
Randle will be back, Sobey is like a kid who just discovered his talent which Joey uncovered and believed in - he was a mess last season and still has moments of the immaturity now... he might leave but he is very close with Joey so who knows.

Reply #631429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed SportSchmort. Even the wiki SA flag entry discusses the common mistake. How professional of the new Sixers regime to not do some basic research! DERP!

Reply #631497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You know the 36ers are travelling ok when a technicality about a bird feature detail is the only thing the "fans" can find to complain about.

Reply #631498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Umm no. They choked in the playoffs. Plenty gone wrong in the last month and a half.

Reply #631499 | Report this post

SportShmort  
Years ago

Fixed. "You know the 36ers are travelling ok when *an error* about a bird feature detail is the only thing the "fans" can find to complain about."

Reply #631509 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Umm, how do we know it's a magpie-lark and not just a magpie wearing war paint?

Reply #631518 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

To me the new logo is stronger and more agressive than any previously. I mean how hard is it to make a 36er look threatening? So adding a stylised aggreesive magpie is a reasonable option.
I had never heard that the Lightening was supposed to be a conection to Colonel Light, but thats OK. Now linking the Lightning with the 36ers via sharing a stylised magpie is a reasonable option.
I'm not sure about the colours which is a move away from the traditional SA colours. I kind of liked the blue we've had in recent years but again, I think the darker blue is a stronger look.
Call it change or progress doesn't matter. They will never please everybody.

Reply #631536 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:08 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754