smith
Years ago

NBL Game Day Experience

Did anyone fill out an NBL survey? if so, what things would you like to see change?

i suggest that at half time at the sixers, local clubs enter their juniors in to play a 5 min half each way exhibition match.

Cute as heck and gets more kids and families involved. u10 - u16 etc.

Obvs u10's play on fri night when it clashes with 12 - 16's div 1 and 2 games.

Topic #41082 | Report this topic

Benno  
Years ago

tshirt toss' and tshirt guns get everyone so fkn hyped in the states

Reply #631444 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Well seeing as cheerleaders seem to be on the way out, how about we replace them with a line up of jealous, fat feminists flicking their armpit hair into the crowd?

Reply #631460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ The aboce needs a "Funny" label. Gold ME gold!

Reply #631486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

above*

Reply #631487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL has no game day experience.

Reply #631500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No its not funny. Its sexist and fails to actually make a point beyond being insulting.
If he wanted to make a commet about the poor mishandling of the 36ers cheerleaders there are other ways without promoting stereotypes and failing to understanding what feminism is.

As for the cheerleaders in this league well they arent really cheerleaders in the traditional sense. Their dancers. Personally if they are going to use dancers i would prefer people who are actully entertaining to watch dance (like a hip hop dance group) not people with limited talents that are supposed to be "sexy" at a family game.

Reply #631517 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

agree, #517

Reply #631522 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

" there are other ways without promoting stereotypes and failing to understanding what feminism is."

Oh I understand perfectly what feminism is. I've been watching the third wave for a few years now make nothings into somethings and blow myths out of proportion with the sole purpose of justifying their own existence. Sorry, but in 2017, feminism has absolutely no cause to fight, so they're inventing causes such as 'manspreading', 'mansplaining', and 'the gender pay gap', which is merely the differences in averages of pay across both genders and does not take into account occupation, credentials, hours worked, sick & maternity leave, etc. In 1950, I would have been a feminist. But now? Far from. Feminists act like gender roles only negatively effect women. They act like men are not equally disadvantaged in many ways. The way they carry on, you'd think prostate cancer got more than 15% of the funding breast cancer gets, that women were drafted into the army by virtue of their gender in times of war, and that they made up 99% of the workplace fatalities and died 5 years earlier on average!

I understand feminism completely, Anonymous.

"Personally if they are going to use dancers i would prefer people who are actully entertaining to watch dance (like a hip hop dance group) not people with limited talents that are supposed to be "sexy" at a family game."

I know feminists like to use the define and describe argument model, Anonymous, so let's play this game where you feel most at home. Define sexy for me, if you please? I mean, feminists spend their whole time talking about how the female body isn't sexual, so then why should shows of the female body be "sexy"?

I will wait for you to malfunction like a robot trying to comprehend a paradox.

"No its not funny. Its sexist and fails to actually make a point beyond being insulting. "

It might have been sexist if I said all women. I did not say 'women'. I said, very specifically, feminists. And for that point to hold true I should not have to say "not all feminists", but the ones who cultivate arm pit hair to disgust men, yet for whatever reason still want to be called beautiful and court male acknowledgement.

So put that in your bra and burn it, Germaine Clementine Ford Greer.

Reply #631542 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

^ Yikes! Where to even begin ...

Reply #631547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow ME great post yet again.

Looks as if there are quite a few feminists and sheep who believe in them on this board.

Reply #631548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oooh i pushed some buttons.

Please continue and i will sit here with a ruful smile and shake my head. You meant to be insulting and when i called you out you rant.
Suffice to say moden feminists believe in equality and believe that men are just as much victims of stereotyping and gender roles as women.

Please remember that females make up 51% of the population and if you want to improve veiwership and attendance appealing to them is a good way to go. This includes being able to go on social media without being insulted or having to listen to sexest jokes or be able to feel safe going to games by themselves.

As for sexy well whatever floats your boat. Be that men or women. I have no problem with women being seen as sex objects if thats the way they want to be seen. Which you will agree is the purpose of "cheerleaders" at basketball games.

Reply #631560 | Report this post

Sen dog  
Years ago

ME = absolute pig. Go read a book you cretin.

Reply #631564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't agree with feminists = pig. No surprise. They are appauled at being called names, "sexist" jokes yadda yadda yadda but have no control when called out, resorting to the same thing they complain about.

Reply #631565 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"ME = absolute pig. Go read a book you cretin."

Okay, I am a pig. At least my name isn't based on a 90s fad.

Suffice to say moden feminists believe in equality and believe that men are just as much victims of stereotyping and gender roles as women. "

Yes, and that's why they fight so vigorously for equal custody and equal funding to mens health interests, yeah? PFFT!

Let me know when feminists do anything about the male suicide epidemic except laugh and victim blame, won't you? '

How's the protesting against father's day going by the way? That's another show of feminist compassion for men. And don't say "they're not real feminists". That's the no real scotsman fallacy.

"Please remember that females make up 51% of the population and if you want to improve veiwership and attendance appealing to them is a good way to go. This includes being able to go on social media without being insulted or having to listen to sexest jokes or be able to feel safe going to games by themselves."

The first salient point you've made. Yes, appealing to women makes sense. But how many women are really shying away from 36ers games because of cheerleaders? Who is really offended. Feel free to do some study on that and get back to me. They're cheerleaders and this is hardly a strip show.

As for going to social media without being insulted, no one has that "right". If you say something stupid, you will be called out for it. I said something you thought was stupid, you called me out. I thought your response was stupid, I called you out. Don't pretend you're suddenly being oppressed because people dare to throw back to you what you dish out. Looks like, as is usual for feminists, you want the equal rights you like, but none of the downsides. You want "equal rights" plus special rights, plus chivalry.

Studies have shown that men actually face the same amount of abuse online - if not more - than women. However men do not have this entitlement complex that women have whereby they think that other people should make the world comfortable for them. The net can be a jungle. Don't like it? Log off.

As for feeling safe going to games by themselves, let me fill you in on something: 87% of all assaults happen to men. Men are also more than 80% of the victims of all crimes committed by strangers. However men don't go around complaining that the world isn't safe for them. Why? Because we take a little responsibility for ourselves and we don't expect the world to change to suit us. We take due precautions. Feminists expect both the protection of men, plus the right to criticize men, plus the ability, from the other side of their mouths to say that they want equality. Well it doesn't work like that, mam.

You either accept the gender roles as they are, and take the chivalry, or you claim to be the same as men and go for equality in ALL things, not just those that suit you. Do one or the other. Trying to do both makes you a massive hypocrite and the worthy recipient of derision.

Reply #631569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bravo! *applause*

Reply #631574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not going to agrue with you anymore. I won't change your opinion you wont change mine. I think you said something really insulting not just to feminists but to women in general. Next time i will just report it as inappropriate (which it was) and i will take pleasure in the fact that my club has an excellent game day experience.

Enjoy your life

Reply #631576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It wasn't offensive. Get a grip.

Reply #631577 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

This is the second time you've gone on a white male victim political rant this month, I expect it from Trumps twitter feed but not a Fox Sports Ratings thread or an NBL Game Day Experience topic!

Can we return this thread to basketball related sans-inflammatory politics? Or is that too much to ask...

Reply #631579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The feminist baited him. He merely responded.

Reply #631580 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Don't make me withhold your pocket money, children.
Come on, basic discretionary judgment applies, we don't have to react to everything.

--

I filled out the survey, I said there needs to be better before game and halftime entertainment and that it's pretty pathetic and virtually nonexistent. Although I conceded that I don't actually have any ideas for what they could do. I wonder if anyone here put forward any ideas? (This was relating to the 36ers)

I also conceded the game itself is the main product and entertainment, but I still think they need to find a way to improve pregame and halftime

Reply #631581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just blatantly copy what NBA teams is my solution. Yet even that seems to hard for the NBL. A lot have been to NBA games during offseason to research yet seemingly come back with nothing other than a tax deductible holiday.

Reply #631582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Try watching multiple NBA halftime entertainment packages. They're very repetitive (if i have to see the old fella climb a bunch of chairs one more time ....) or they're non existent. They run videos on the big screen sometimes that's all.

We expect a million dollar a game entertainment experience from an NBL club and then wonder why the experience is so disappointing.

The AFL have all the money they can ever want and they run a bunch of auskick games each and every AFL match for the entire season.

The problem isn't the Game Day Experience, the problem is the NBL fan expectations.

Reply #631595 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"This is the second time you've gone on a white male victim political rant this month, I expect it from Trumps twitter feed but not a Fox Sports Ratings thread or an NBL Game Day Experience topic!

Can we return this thread to basketball related sans-inflammatory politics? Or is that too much to ask..."

Where was race mentioned?

I see the white guilt runs deep in you. And the male guilt, presuming you're male. Funny how you can't debate a single point I've made, except to characterize it as a "white male victim rant" without attacking a point. I bet you have open hearts and ears for when any other group talks of their own issues. But fuck those white men, hey? Well I guess you've just exhibited to us why the suicide rate in white men is where it's at - because society does not give a flying fuck and presumes privileges that do not exist.

But this is the last I will say on the matter here. Wan't to be enlightened on the statistics?

http://www.realsexism.com

Conversation over.

Reply #631596 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Your Fox Sports Ratings thread was the race related one - I thought that was made clear given I mentioned it?

I don't care what your political views are, I just care about not having to come across it in basketball threads. You draw a very long bow in pretending they're relevant but they're unnecessary.

You obviously have strong views you wish to push onto people, make another thread specifically for it so the rest of us can get back to talking basketball.

Reply #631599 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Oh good, you've decided to end your little political tirades. Thank you.

Reply #631600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ME is the type of person who says "No, it should be ALL Lives Matter" so let that sink in before reading anything he has to say on social issues.

Reply #631603 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Kind of appropriate on a basketball forum, because he's proving the old adage about the selective use of statistics to "prove" just about anything.

Reply #631607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ME my brother stay strong, you speak the truth, yet more PC brainnwashed masses on here just like in public!

Reply #631623 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"Kind of appropriate on a basketball forum, because he's proving the old adage about the selective use of statistics to "prove" just about anything."

Oh, you mean like the gender pay gap?

Reply #631654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, I do recall that hissy fit the Opals had re: flights.

Reply #631657 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Soooo, Back to the topic!

Juniors, quick game.

Thoughts?

Reply #631662 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I don't think a Juniors game really counts as pre-game entertainment. Maybe at half time while people are generally getting drinks.

Reply #631666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ME is my new favourite poster. You can have your own opinion, you can't have your own facts.

Reply #631670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Junior games aren't going to enhance the gam day experience.... lmao

Reply #631689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

game*

Reply #631690 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Enhance the game day experience of the grand final. The NBL finals should feel a bit more special to the regular season as far as presentation goes. Apart from a more pumped up court announcer, there isnt much difference between a regular season game and the finals.

And you get charged more for finals games!

Reply #631700 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:17 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754