Dominos
Years ago

NBL TV still charging month by month customers.

For those that signed up for NBL-TV - they're still charging.

I'm not sure what my set up was when I first signed up. I imagine it was for free as I'm a season ticket member.

But I must have used Pay Pal.

Got a call from my bank yesterday that an obscure amount had been deducted from my pay pal account ($5.40). It was flagged by VISA. I said I didn't know what the transaction was for and hadn't heard of the company that it was attributed to. They cancelled my credit card as it had been comprised.

Checked my email this morning and say the email from pay pal notifying me a transaction was made. In the details it said it was for NBL-TV monthly.

What doesn't make sense is why it was flagged now and not earlier in the season.

Anyway... if you're not using NBL TV might be worth checking if you're still being charged now that the season is over.

Topic #41146 | Report this topic

Papa John's  
Years ago

But it was free anyway for the season, so why did they have your billing details?

Reply #632793 | Report this post

Dominos  
Years ago

^not sure.

I do remember having some issues when I tried using it for the first time at the start of the season.

It is possible that I just said "fk it" and signed up for the month-by-month - which I didn't mind paying the $5 per month fee for.

But i was never charged month by month!

I just checked my pay pall statements from September last year until now, and no charges for NBL TV until yesterday. Very odd.

So VISA was right in flagging an odd transaction I guess.

Wonder if anyone else has had this issue?

Reply #632795 | Report this post

Papa John's  
Years ago

Sounds like an error on NBL TV's part then.

Reply #632796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I had it free via Telstra. I went to watch one of those China games and my membership is up so I just left it. Not paying for off-season nonsense. Poor they didn't email the heads up

Reply #632800 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Are we surprised that the NBL is shitty with communication? Doesn't justify it, but I'm pretty sure when I signed up, I had to use a code, but still chose monthly renewal but the free part of it only lasted until the end of the playoffs, or thereabouts, which is why I think billing details needed to be included initially but just not used until now...

Reply #632801 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I'm more surprised that anyone would be surprised by this. Content is being added to the classics section daily, the Chinese and Spanish leagues are being broadcast...why wouldn't they still be charging people?

Reply #632802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They must've cut off the free content a few weeks ago. I haven't paid anything just used my Telstra association and was able to watch one of the China games. Just a random time to cut that tie and make people pay is the point.

Reply #632803 | Report this post

Dominos  
Years ago

No problems charging people - It's just one of those things where people sign-up and then are charged out of the blue.

If I was being consistently charged $5.40 a month for the entire NBL season I'd understand. But an odd deduction seemingly "out of the blue" is weird.

Why am I charged now and only now?

Reply #632804 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Because this is the first month after the season.

Reply #632807 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Damn, thought the Telstra Pass would be full time.. thought wrong, can't play anything atm.

Reply #632808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ricky I'm with you. I'll live but annoying as I was curious to see boozer play at cba level. Kobe your right start of the new month must be why they started charging. Try and entice people with a bit of free new content then try entice the wallet.

Reply #632809 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Only highlights available..

Will either have to pay up to watch the new classic Wildcats games recently uploaded or wait until the new season starts in a few months to access them.. hmmm

Reply #632810 | Report this post

Papa John's  
Years ago

Hardly anyone one will pay for this. Expecting another freebie from Telstra next season.

Reply #632812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll pay them to take the wildcats games off ;)

Reply #632813 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Good luck if you can get to them.. lol

I've never had a reply back from them ever.

Reply #632816 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You might've signed up to a free season with paid renewal. I signed up paying monthly and then cancelled for the off-season.

The bill comes from the company they are using for either streaming or billing. Dutch company called Cleeng or similar.

Reply #633026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HEY NBL

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO US SUPPORTERS OF THE NBL, WHY WE ARE STILL BEING CHARGED FOR A SERVICE THAT WAS YOU SUPPLIED DURING THE NBL SEASON WHICH IS NOW FINISH AND THEREFORE WE ARE NO LONGER USING!!!!

WE AWAIT YOUR RESPONSE OR YOU WILL HAVE A LOT ON NON SUBSCRIBERS FOR 2017/18 NBL SEASON!!

Reply #633069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^^ READ Isaac response, it's not that hard, send them an email to stop your coverage. Rejoin when season starts again.

Reply #633070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some people still use it for classics, replays, etc

Its a monthly fee, not monthly during the season

If u dont want it during the off season just cancel like isaac said he did really

Not that hard

Reply #633074 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:23 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754