Happy Days
Years ago

MacKinnon Big V 3 imports???

I saw that McKinnon Big V team have three Americans on their roster. Apparently the Big V and Basketball Victoria changed the ByLaws to allow a permanent resident to play as a local the day before the season started. Can somebody explain how this works and when their allowed to play as a local rather than an import???

Topic #41153 | Report this topic

Spot up  
Years ago

It wouldn't have worked last year. Works this year. Ask the coach.

Reply #632922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think Maybank is classified as an import anymore. So they only have two.
Besides, he's been out here playing for so long now he basically is a local.

Reply #632943 | Report this post

Spot up  
Years ago

He's not basically a local if he's still classified as an import, which I believe is the case. It was expected that his citizenship would have been sorted by now, but it isn't.

Reply #632961 | Report this post

Big J  
Years ago

Maybank looks like an old man, it's a shame there been allowed to suit up a non Australian citizen as a local - he is said to have meant to have It fixed by the start of the season but for some reason the Big V allowed Mckinnon to still suit him up. Mckinnon needs all the help they can get

Reply #632974 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Amateur hour. Not sure how it's actually been allowed to happen...no explanation, as expected.

Reply #632977 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:52 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754