Razor
Years ago

Clearing the air on Randle.

you're going to hear some things over the next couple of weeks to do with Randle - the ridiculous deals reported are NOT true (garbage reports of million dollar deals by Melbourne are fake, no one outside of Adelaide has talked to his agent.)

36ers did not offer him a deal and no he won't be back unfortunately.

don't have to believe me but when you hear about it in a few weeks you'll understand.

Topic #41169 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surprised no offer from Sixers... although smart move on their part as he choked via hogging in playoffs.

Reply #633222 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Nice trolling Razor

Reply #633226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he isn't the official cleaner upperer of air. #fakenews

Reply #633228 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I didn't buy the talk anyway that Melb had offered him a multi-million dollar deal it was too unbelievable to be taken seriously but I find these points even more ridiculous:

1. No other NBL team has spoken to his agent.

2. The 36ers haven't offered him a contract for next season.

Why does Boti constantly report that the club are still in negotiations with him to bring him back?

Reply #633230 | Report this post

KickRocks  
Years ago

Razor, of coarse Adelaide haven't offered him as the money he wants doesn't line up with affordable practice. There are many great guards around the world, he just happens to one of many. I don't think he'd get the money in Europe that he wants to stay in Adelaide.

I do believe that no other team in the league offered him, but they have definitely reached out.

Not sure who fed you your info, but sometimes things get lost in translation or Chinese whispers.

Reply #633234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks KR for your 1 post ever. THat's important.

Reply #633235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now we are expected to believe that Razor who has never had any interest in the NBL has the scoop. BS.

Reply #633236 | Report this post

TL36  
Years ago

Lol, that's the 3rd person apparently "in the know", with unsurprisingly a 3rd different conspiracy theory. Nothing will happen till after summer league.

Reply #633237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks TL36 for your 1st post.

Reply #633238 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Just got an important update on Randle:

He is going to be playing for the New Zealand Breakers, because fuck Australia.

My source? I don't really have one.

Reply #633239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

An Anon calling out a first post?

Reply #633242 | Report this post

Razor  
Years ago

yep, trolling.

believe what you want though, my source is as close to Randle as possible.

Reply #633244 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

So Jerome? Or been channelling a spiritual god?

Reply #633246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL so many new users lately with the inside info SEVEN months before NBA cuts occur.

Reply #633252 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

I've got some great inside info from a tick that is lodged in Randle's head. He will sign for Adelaide..............but in the AFL. You heard it here first

Reply #633253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

School holidays have obviously started...

Reply #633254 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

If no one outside Adelaide has talked to his agent even though he won't be in Adelaide then I'd suggest he needs a new agent!

Reply #633257 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

He's not coming back because he would not agree to the clause where his wife isn't allowed food at homes game anymore!

Reply #633265 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Just to clear the air, I have the definitive, no nonsense, this is the absolute truth* version of what's actually going on with Jerome Randle this off season.

Like Ben Simmons, Randle has had a late growth spurt, and now stands (like Simmons) at 7 feet tall. Despite this (and no, there are no stretch marks) he has lost none of his ball-handling abilities.

No other NBL club has spoken to his agent, because his agent is in high level talks with the Boston Celtics, LA Lakers and Cleveland Cavaliers about how much money they are willing to shell out for his services.

* maybe not.

Reply #633270 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

If Randle is serious about going to the next level with the Sixers, he should accept the same money as Sobey is getting more now and likely Hodgson.

This and the deeper pockets we have can bring in (at the very least) an improvement on TF, even if we brought back Jacobsen.

Reply #633278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like the clearing of air dude is right ..

http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nbl/jerome-randle-wont-return-to-nbl-after-adelaide-36ers-refuse-to-make-offer-sources/news-story/269bba40b0806cb58a80c9fa096d7a8a

Reply #633287 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Shocking bits.
- Sixers chose not to make an offer, and in fact no negotiations ever took place. This is quite confusing.
- No outher NBL suitors 'had the budget' for Randle.
- Randle took 'under his market value' to be with the Sixers.
- Randle won't sign with any other NBL team, which is moot given no one is giving him his asking anyway.

Reply #633289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe get the Sixers point of view on that. Wouldn't surprise me if the only information came from his agent.

Reply #633290 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Randle, 29, received offers from several other NBL teams, but none had the budget required to sign the point guard, who had already taken under his market value to remain with the 36ers for the 2016-17 season

Geez I wonder what Randle's agent is demanding?!

Randle also held onto the sentiment that he would never sign with an NBL team outside of the 36ers, meaning his time in the league is effectively over.

Well that's nice I guess, although would have preferred him in this league.

Points to Razor for accuracy and getting in first

Reply #633291 | Report this post

TM  
Years ago

Well at least we know 36ers won't be playing against Randle next year.

This gives the 36ers the chance to combine what was being paid to Randle & Ferguson, & split it 50/50 between two "evenly skilled" imports.

A good plan IMHO.

Reply #633292 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

"sources told foxsports.com.au."

Was the source Razor, from Hoops.com.au??

Reply #633293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

20,000g per month was the rumour, same as Cotton got but no takers, not surprisingly.

Reply #633296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle could get that if he delivered the title. He didn't and still wanted 20k... lol. Maybe deliver first, son.

Reply #633301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle will be back in 2018-19 after another frustrating season in Europe, yearning to be free under a coach like Joey. Too bad he'll be even older by then, like when Ebi returned to Aus.

Reply #633303 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

20k per month? I would have thought the Sixers would jump at that

20k per week though - that's a whole different ballgame

Reply #633304 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I'm also confused, $20,000 per month sounds like a great number for what he brings. Must be asking for much more than that.

Reply #633305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My bad per week was what I was hearing.

Reply #633306 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Hmmm from the Fox Sports article, sounded like Olgun's sources are the player's agent and other team's GMs to check for veracity of offers.

Just as I suspected, Schreiber trying to squeeze Adelaide and probably disappointed that Kelley and Hedderwick didn't bite.

Yes the salary cap is now a soft-cap and has slightly increased, but that doesn't mean clubs can operate with limitless budget no matter how rich their backers are. If anything, this should put to rest the stupid notion that 'we got a rich owner now, we should spend'.

Reply #633307 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I don't know how many weeks he was asking for but I think the figure was closer to $800K which is why the 36ers hadn't made an official offer.

Big Joe has also come out and said..."there are 2 sides to every story".

Basically, Randle (or his agent) have priced themselves out of the NBL.

Is this the same agent he had when he was looking to get drafted?

Reply #633312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would he retain the agent who fcked his draft offer up... lol

Reply #633316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And we believe this because?
Invariably some rumours will be true, most aren't, and I'm not sold on this Olgun character.
Especially since so much is ridiculous and contradictory.

Saying "Adelaide never made him an offer" sound like "big news" but really isn't.
Did they have discussions? Yes they did.
Were those discussions successful? Well obviously not (yet).
Everything else is just semantics.

If he is chasing mega bucks as suggested, then obviously his agent would shop him around. Saying he won't play for anyone but Adelaide, but will happily leave Adelaide if they don't stump up the cash, just doesn't make any sense.

Reply #633319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The $20K a week was for Cotton on a limited contract. Randles agent thinks that those figures can be extrapolated over a season. Dickhead.

Reply #633320 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Not 100% sure but his previous agent before Entersport was Matt Babcock? Could be the one that represented him during that draft. Babcock almost did a similar thing with Jordan Mickey when dealing with Boston Celtics.

Reply #633321 | Report this post

Indominus-Rex  
Years ago

john casey on twitter. Furious @Adelaide36ers coach @jwrightseahawks says club HAS put an offer to Jerome Randle & want him back - but at $$ they can afford #NBL

Reply #633326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is big joe saying anything to do with player recruitment? He doesn't need to be sticking his nose in areas of the operation that has NOTHING to with him. That's the stuff that makes the 36ers appear amateurish.

Reply #633327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because one would assume that Randle's agent leaked 'info' so Joe is letting the people know that it is not how it went down. Perfectly fine.

Reply #633330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big Joe is their GM and he is entitled to an opinion on the matter.
Hell if you are worried about a GM's FB comment good thing you aren't a Kings fan.

Reply #633331 | Report this post

Boti has ponied up and got an article out today with a response from the 36ers. According to that article, the 36ers offered him a new deal early on but he rejected it. He asked for an increase but Joey states he put more weight in retaining the core of Aussies than blowing the budget on keeping Jerome. Joey still seems keen to retain Jerome if possible, but clearly that requires Jerome to take far less than what he (or his manager) is asking.

The article also states Jerome's manager has approached Brisbane and Melbourne but they both baulked at the asking price. If those two clubs can't afford you, then you're well and truly priced out of this league!

The article is on adelaidenow.com, but stuck behind a paywall.

Reply #633334 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

The Australian Fox Sports articles on Basketball are always horrible, IMO.

Reply #633336 | Report this post

Olgun has updated his FoxSports article to include a response from Jerome's agent claiming no official offer was made. He does also say he was approached with an idea from the GM at the 36ers with a view to taking it back to the owner. Jerome's agent gave feedback on it which suggests he did not agree to what was being tendered and hasn't heard anything back since. This may or may not be what the 36ers are considering "an offer". There's a big difference between "refusing to make an offer" as Olgun's headline reads, and verbally suggesting an offer with a view to move forward. If the reports are true that Brisbane and Melbourne couldn't afford what the agent is asking for Jerome's services, then I don't think the 36ers have shown any negligence if they asked the question and got told they weren't in the ballpark.
Both Jerome's agent and the 36ers have stated they'd love Randle back if a deal could be struck, so whilst it looks unlikely I don't think it's an impossibility for Randle to come back. It probably relies heavily on what other imports the 36ers chase, and those deals won't happen for months yet.

Reply #633341 | Report this post

smith  
Years ago

Nothing will be signed or closed off for months, there is no story to report by any journo.

Verbal negotiations have been in place but require the legalities and the other deals, with other players (imports) to be handled prior.

ME: His wife got angry at a HOME match and retaliated poorly but calling her a hoe even if satirical, which clearly it was, isn't necessary nor does it have any bearing on this decision (nor is it funny). If you think a club would say turn down Rome based on a shitty outburst by his wife, you are delusional mate.

Big Joe is the GM and a friend to all the players, he is well social networked and knows what's up, so yes, he can comment on false stories reported with no facts revealing no sources.

Reply #633349 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Mebbe their worried about a blow out in the catering budget?? ;)

Reply #633350 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Please don't provoke ME into getting on his political soapbox again, that's the last thing we need to maintain our collective sanity.

Reply #633352 | Report this post

Razor  
Years ago

Have seen the recent Sixers pay packets.

Sobey - owed 500,000 over 2yrs
Hodgson - owed 320,000 over 2years
Doyle - owed 270,000 over 3 years

Randle wanted 1.2 million over 2 years... Can see why teams laughed. This would have made him the highest paid player ever in the NBL.

Reply #633354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Razor pathetic troll attempt, laughable figures you've come up with

The air is quite foggy at the moment, isn't it?

Reply #633355 | Report this post

Razor  
Years ago

Your opinion means nothing. You don't have to believe what I wrote but I can tell you I know more than you ever will.

Reply #633356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know you are but what am I?!

Reply #633357 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Sobey $250k, I doubt it.

Hodgson $160k, no way.

Doyle $90k, no way.

Reply #633358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Razor, you're way off pal! Please do my try and attempt to muddy the waters by speculating salaries as fact! If you suggest that this is factual and not opinion, you may find yourself in hot water.

Reply #633360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Doyle one is hilarious.

Reply #633368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just to clear the air, I have the definitive, no nonsense, this is the absolute truth* version of what's actually going on with Jerome Randle this off season.

Like Ben Simmons, Randle has had a late growth spurt, and now stands (like Simmons) at 7 feet tall. Despite this (and no, there are no stretch marks) he has lost none of his ball-handling abilities.

No other NBL club has spoken to his agent, because his agent is in high level talks with the Boston Celtics, LA Lakers and Cleveland Cavaliers about how much money they are willing to shell out for his services.

* maybe not.

Best post on here lol

But seriously this Randal joker can't get a decent gig in thebNBA and he's expecting mega bucks here, plenty of good guards around without needing to pander to over inflated egos with batshit crazy wives

Reply #633370 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Hmm I don't think his wife is of any significant relevance to this stoush over contract negotiation, why bring it up?

Anyways didn't expect the whole thing to degenerate into an argument over what constitutes an offer.

Reply #633387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That happens when stupid info is leaked to a journo looking to make a name.

Reply #633392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why bring Boti in to this?

Reply #633393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti already has a name mate! The other guy, not so much

Reply #633475 | Report this post

Years ago

Randle* - how many times have people screwed that up?

Randle asked for way WAY out of the NBL's price range obviously. His manager seriously should have educated himself on what is an acceptable asking price in the NBL. Would pay 350,000 - 400,000 for Randle but certainly no more.

Doyle would not get 90,000 - surely more like 65 - 75K a season? He's an easy sign for that price because he could prove a much greater contributor.

When people like 50-year-old David Anderson are on 400,000 a year just because he has had a good career is the 250,000 price for Sobey really that ridiculous? 36ers probably had to match other teams offers which would have been in that ballpark.

Hodgson I'd take for 160 - dude has the skillset to be an elite big in this league. 36ers are not paying him that though, they have some extra cash now but they're not going to be a Melbourne/Sydney spending team...

Reply #633477 | Report this post

Years ago

"Can't get a decent gig in the NBA"

Anonymous wankjob.

so if the NBA is "decent" then every other league is below average and everyone who isn't in the NBA has just had a shite career I guess?

His success in Europe must mean nothing and the fact he dominated this league also is nothing because he didn't play in the NBA.

David Anderson has done pretty well for himself playing in a below average, not-the-NBA league in Europe - only made about 15,000,000 in his career, but he couldn't get a decent gig in the NBA so his career is a fail I guess...

Reply #633478 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Err Dave Andersen got a pretty decent gig in the NBA mate. Maybe not at Bogut or Patty Mills level of gig decency but he was averaging close to 15 mins/game for almost the whole season with the Rockets as a valued role-player. He was traded twice the next-season, got less playing time and went back to Europe.

Reply #633480 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

When people like 50-year-old David Anderson are on 400,000 a year just because he has had a good career

He's rumoured to be on more than that.

Reply #633482 | Report this post

Years ago

more?!

then you expect stats like 20 and 10 OR MORE from him but after what he produced he should be taking a massive paycut.

Wouldn't pay him more than 150K that's his worth now.

Reply #633484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

8 Is batting about a Zero.

Reply #633492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What sort of air is being cleared re: Randle? Is it the mountainair of Taranaki?

8 may be batting zero but he's doing it while smoking a dog turd.

Reply #633502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

re: Clearing the air on Randle.
"Can't get a decent gig in the NBA"

Anonymous wankjob.

so if the NBA is "decent" then every other league is below average and everyone who isn't in the NBA has just had a shite career I guess?

His success in Europe must mean nothing and the fact he dominated this league also is nothing because he didn't play in the NBA.

David Anderson has done pretty well for himself playing in a below average, not-the-NBA league in Europe - only made about 15,000,000 in his career, but he couldn't get a decent gig in the NBA so his career is a fail I guess...

8 you missing the point totally,if he was a stand out player earning mega bucks in the likes of the NBA , which is considered the world over the pinnacle of how you get your bench mark for players financial worth when the top players get paid high amounts, so for an also ran to come into the NBL which is considered by many the next step down from NBA, please tell me how does that equate to a basic player demanding a salary that befits someone who IS a star player in a far superior league in many people eyes.
These bench players arrive with their USA egos and think just because they are American basketball players they are the answer to everything.
If he's that dam good to warrant what he's asking why isn't he playing a significant role in an top NBA team.

Reply #633507 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

lol

The only conceivable reason why Randle won't be in the NBL is because he asked for too much money.

The fact that United baulked at his number indicated how over the top it would have been.... they aren't scared to load up!

Is Randle better than Ware or Cotton??

There are plenty of too-small-for-NBA* Randle PG style guys available for less. I am sure we will see a few in the top teams this year.

* Obviously Isaiah Thomas is an exception.

Reply #633513 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:06 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754