Udog
Years ago

Only regional Qld news covering Randle story?

Why aren't there any stories on the Jerome Randle story in any news publications outside regional Qld?

Topic #41174 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

News Corp: The 36ers' speak out on Jerome, at http://bit.ly/2onuu0N

Reply #633338 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

The Randle to Taipans rumour starts here.

Reply #633342 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

He's not boring enough for Taipans. Fearne wouldn't want him.

Reply #633365 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Sorry, CT, I already started them, elsewhere.

Just to fill you in. Randle has foregone his high salary demands, for the pleasures of living in the tropical far north, saying he is genuinely excited to be playing for a coach who will be able to explore the furthest potential of his ability, in a controlled tempo offensive structure.

Reply #633374 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Bet it was the offer of staying in Fearney's granny flat that swayed him.

Reply #633385 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Boti brought it up in his article and presented it as a factor, that's why I did.

Reply #633390 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

CT - it is a pretty nice granny flat! So it's not out of the question! hahaha

Reply #633420 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

If I was an import I'd be wary. If you dig down far enough under the patio you'll find Dimitiri McCamey's dessicated corpse ;-)

Reply #633421 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

hahahaha some of your finest work

Reply #633495 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Aren't you glad I went with that and not a pulp fiction 'bring out the gimp' gag? :-)

Reply #633571 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

CT, you mentioned McCamey, and now you're suggesting you didn't go for a "bring out the gimp" line???

Reply #633688 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

I didn't want to go too hard after the little fella. Last I heard he was playing in Oita. I've been to Oita. It's fucking shit.

Reply #633710 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

On topic, it was obviously covered locally, but it doesn't seem like a very exciting story. 36ers made an offer during the season that was turned down. Post-season, when Randle had made his expectations clear and the club didn't see the point in a formal, lower offer, why kick up a "they never made an offer" fuss? If you have better options or higher expectations, just issue a "Thanks" statement to 36ers fans and go take the new job.

He's a great, entertaining player, but obviously there's a price at which you're better off finding an alternative and using the spare cash on the rest of the roster. Especially when the other two recent imports would've been on near-minimum.

Reply #633729 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:20 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754