PJ
Years ago

Shane Heal overlooked in Big 3 draft

Can't believe he ever thought he was a chance. With players like Steve Francis, Latrell Sprewell and Isaiah Rider being overlooked, Heal must have had about as much chance of getting selected as I did!

Topic #41239 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Good on him for giving it a shot. No point dying wondering.

Reply #634648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Can't believe he ever thought he was a chance."

Exactly. He is so delusional. Just like when he chucks up garbage from three or went at Barkley.

Reply #634649 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Hasn't played since 2009 a desperate man with a lot of financial problems.

Reply #634650 | Report this post

Hespect  
Years ago

Not a fan of knocking someone for having a go.

He got fit which is a positive thing. Perhaps he should have a run with a QBL team or a guest appearance for Hobart in the SEABL.

Reply #634656 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Looking at those rosters, I'm actually really excited to see this.

Reply #634659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PLaying local ball in Sydney last time I heard.

Reply #634660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never seemed likely to me, but I'll never criticise someone for having a crack because you just never know.

Reply #634664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He did have one massive multi-million dollar crack, then went bankrupt!

Reply #634667 | Report this post

BOB  
Years ago

cant believe that he still has access to a passport.

Reply #634670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't like him all that much very arrogant and his financial storyline is very shady which really upsets me. Earn it the right way. But as far as an old bloke having motivation to lose weight and gets his name out there good on him, but was always more of a publicity type thing was never going to be included.

Reply #634671 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

I heard from a friend he walked into their cafe a few years ago, marched up to the counter and opened with "do you know who i am?". Tit.

Reply #634676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not surprised.

Reply #634679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Must be true then. Dick.

Reply #634684 | Report this post

Iggle Piggle  
Years ago

Was hoping he would make it, could have sold the league on taking games overseas ect. I would love to see some of these players play here in Australia.

As far as Heal personally, I have met him a few times and every time have found him very polite and courteous. Great player for Australia all those years, good commentator I personally dont understand the hate.

Reply #634688 | Report this post

enjoyed  
Years ago

agree with iggle piggle, the few times i have met Heal, he has been great, and given his time to talk basketball. I also do not understand the hate for him.

Reply #634689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, don't stand all the hate either, great player and good person to talk to all times I've met him.

Reply #634690 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

While I'm in the camp of "I've met him a couple of times and he's been a decent chap to talk to" camp, I'm also in the "been at the end of him being a dickhead online" camp, so I'm not sure why it's hard to understand that people might have lingering feelings towards him from his playing days, his commenting style (which I like but some don't) or his (alleged?) incredibly dodgy business dealings...

A shame he didn't get a gig at the Big3 draft, but a lot of higher profile ex-players missed out, so it's not a huge surprise...

Reply #634691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's not forget how he treated that certain fan at a Razorbacks fan back in the day. Then instead of an apology he threatened the fan with lawyers so it was buried. -_- Old timers will remember this from the forums back in the day.

Also what he did to a certain teammate's water bottle. Disgusting.

Reply #634721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A lot of you don't get it. An incidental meeting here and there of course he will be nice and cordial, as you are his fans. It's the character that comes out when he is threatened either on court, off court, business etc is when his true persona is revealed. Most ppl act nice when it's just pleasantries.

Reply #634722 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

That's fair enough, but what YOU don't seem to get is that not all people know about that sort of stuff, so they base their opinions on someone by how they are treated by them, often in person... There have been plenty of basketball players and "personalities" that couldn't be arsed giving you the time of day in person either, so I wouldn't discount that completely...

Reply #634742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolutely agreed Wookiee, you understand. But most come on here with one anecdotal meeting they had in a fan-player interaction and with that think they've disproven the critics.

Reply #634746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My point being it's frustrating that people don't look beyond their tunnel vision.

Reply #634747 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I met Heal after a Boomers game in the late 90's he signed a One on One magazine cover for me that had a pic on the front of him playing for the T-wolves and he was courteous but that doesn't change the fact he used to give Adelaide fans the finger when he played here or the alleged racial abuse of a Razorbacks fan or losing millions of dollars of other people's money.

Just because like me you met him one time and he was decent doesn't mean he's still not a complete knob.

Reply #634768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very well said Zodiac.

Reply #634783 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

I've met him numerous times, well over 20, and I would say in my dealings with him he's been about as far from "a complete knob" as you could get. Always been a likeable and friendly kind of guy to me

Yes there are some skeletons in the closet, but plenty of us have a few of them. There's been plenty of people who've been unlucky with their own (and others) money over the years. I certainly don't count giving Adelaide fans the finger as a stain on his character with some of the despicable things some of the more feral element would have called him over the years

Reply #634791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great, but you overlooked the Razorbacks, "bottle" incident at Boomers camp incidents amongst others. Again - tunnel vision.

Reply #634793 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Yes there are some skeletons in the closet, but plenty of us have a few of them.

Some might have skeletons in the closet but Heal's got a graveyard in his. He's not the kind of person I would deal with or associate with unless I absolutely had to but that's just me.

Reply #634797 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

All good. My opinions on people that I've had dealings with tend to be based on those dealings. Not on 5th hand reports of things that may have been exaggerated (or not even happened) or based on facts not known

Anyway no point arguing about it. Neither of our opinions will change

Reply #634866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The events did happen, but keep believing what you choose to.

Similarly you also come across as quite stubborn in the college thread, preaching as if your stern view of it is gospel.

Reply #634868 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:58 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754